POLL: How many believe this game was rushed to release before it was ready?

TheHirogen

Simple question, how many think because of the costs and delay this game was finally pushed out for release before it was ready for consumers to buy and play?

Some reasons as to why I think it was.

It has taken years to develop changing appearance each E3 using an old bad engine.

Ability delay.

UI.

No LFG.

No customer support.

bad graphics.

badly optimized and can't run on most computers.

broken main story quests, broken quests, bugs, glitches.

Not working properly account management.

Forums are terrible, no server forums, no search function, can't use site when deploying patch or forums.

Chat bubbles, basic functions for guilds and ability to use chairs etc.

No day/night cycle, exploring or even swimming.

Warzones with no level cap, single server only and no selection for map.

Space combat is starfox 20 years later.

No character customization and if selected body type 3 or 4 wont be able to access some parts of the game including a few datacrons.

endgame is almost not existing and broken.

only human races.

only 4 real classes.

copied almost everything from WoW and COH.

barely working companions.

Server maintenance badly times hurting EU players.

features in beta removed.

Obvious misstakes in beta not fixed month after release.

messed up a lot of peoples early access and collectors editions stuff including pre order crystals.

athmosphere ingame is almost not existing.

everything is instanced, servers using shards and barely run into people.

framerate issues and a lot more.

no gamemasters.

datacrons=exploring.

broken game economy.

exploiters and bots already all over Ilum.

many flash points OP's not working properly.

gear gets bad at 50.

Legacy system is not in place.

no minigames or social things to do.

No rules or enforcing of RP servers, since I bet they don't have the resources to.

no community interraction bar a few posts about coming flashpoint, picture of its boss and clarification regarding banned ilum players.

Last reason, can't think of a reason as to why I would pay for a subscription to this game.

If you disagre feel free to say why, if you agree feel free to offer as to why.

Also, why does it seem that 9 year old Star Wars Galaxies was better than a game released in 2012 and why does it seem that SWTOR is worse than Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 by a longshot in every way including community???

300 million US dollars, Star Wars license, KOTOR, developer named Bioware, worlds biggest publisher behind it, what went wrong?

Anyway, it is enough you answer the first question, my other ones were rethorical anyway...

Edited by TheHirogen

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ofc it was, but Bioware are in it for the money dude.

Blizzard just said Panda's was inc in WoW, Christmas sales was nice to get, and Bioware know it had to be before Diablo 3 comes, so it was only choice they had.

Ofc it was, but Bioware are in it for the money dude.

Blizzard just said Panda's was inc in WoW, Christmas sales was nice to get, and Bioware know it had to be before Diablo 3 comes, so it was only choice they had.

Good points, I did not think of that. Shame, but a part of me thinks if not released now it would be another duke nukem forever.

Edited by TheHirogen

This happens to all games, especially MMOs. There's a point where you have to say **** it and release the game.

I can see the validity in that point, but do you feel some thing are expected to be working at release that are not compared to other games releases?

I can see the validity in that point, but do you feel some thing are expected to be working at release that are not compared to other games releases?

I've done software engineering. I've learned not to expect anything to work. Its not as simple as a line of code, a game this size likely has millions of lines of code with each programmer being responsible for maybe 50,000 to 200,000 lines of code.

I've done software engineering. I've learned not to expect anything to work. Its not as simple as a line of code, a game this size likely has millions of lines of code with each programmer being responsible for maybe 50,000 to 200,000 lines of code.

Do you know of other software engineers who do manage to add certain mechanics to game that are to be expected even at launch that they did not deliver on?

Do you know of other software engineers who do manage to add certain mechanics to game that are to be expected even at launch that they did not deliver on?

Priorities, game stability is better than QOL. Target of target is not needed, LFG is not needed. Core mechanics need to be in place before adding other crap.

Simple question, how many think because of the costs and delay this game was finally pushed out for release before it was ready for consumers to buy and play?

Some reasons as to why I think it was.

It has taken years to develop changing appearance each E3 using an old bad engine.

Ability delay.

UI.

No LFG. yes there is ppl just dont want to use it cause it's not as simple as 1 buttone

No customer support. huh? yes there is and it has worked out fine for many ppl

bad graphics. realy? what the hell you trying to run this on?

badly optimized and can't run on most computers. define most computers? 4-5 years old and older? god i'm glad it cant cause then it would look like ****

broken main story quests, broken quests, bugs, glitches. **** happens and it'll get fixed

Not working properly account management. no problems from what i have seen or heard...bad luck maby?

Forums are terrible, no server forums, no search function, can't use site when deploying patch or forums. my guess is there waiting tell they decided if there keeping all the servers

Chat bubbles, basic functions for guilds and ability to use chairs etc. fluff and has been said it'll come

No day/night cycle, exploring or even swimming.more fluff...swimming realy? thats a game breaker?

Warzones with no level cap, single server only and no selection for map. alot of ppl find it fun

Space combat is starfox 20 years later. this was probly added as a base for stuff to come later...you know it's an mmo and adding stujff later is half the point of it

endgame is almost not existing and broken. gee it's been a month not many games ever have end game there first few months that can realy be called end game

only human races. no only human looking races...boohoo??

only 4 real classes. realy? and each on of those has 2 so that makes 8 not bad for no xpacks yet

copied almost everything from WoW and COH. as they coped from other games that copyed from other games

barely working companions. seem to do what the do just fine

features in beta removed. ya cause they where broke and it's easyer to remove them then to have ppl QQ about them not working

Obvious misstakes in beta not fixed month after release. and there working hard at it....you know all those patchs they do

messed up a lot of peoples early access and collectors editions stuff including pre order crystals. huh?

athmosphere ingame is almost not existing. gueesing your talking about the environment with this one.....umm ok still not sure what your talking about

everything is instanced, servers using shards and barely run into people. hmm did you rush? i see ppl all the time

framerate issues and a lot more. new comp time??

no gamemasters. ?????

datacrons=exploring. ?????how so???

broken game economy. new game...always happens

exploiters and bots already all over Ilum. name 1 game where they dont show up

many flash points OP's not working properly. havent found any but i havent done all...guess this falls under bad beta testing and i'm sure it'll get fixed

gear gets bad at 50.

Legacy system is not in place. as they said

no minigames or social things to do. my quess is they'll come as they come

No rules or enforcing of RP servers, since I bet they don't have the resources to. name one game that does

no community interraction bar a few posts about coming flashpoint, picture of its boss and clarification regarding banned ilum players. i would rather they word on fixing stuff but thats just me

Last reason, can't think of a reason as to why I would pay for a subscription to this game.

If you disagre feel free to say why, if you agree feel free to offer as to why.

Also, why does it seem that 9 year old Star Wars Galaxies was better than a game released in 2012 and why does it seem that SWTOR is worse than Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 by a longshot in every way including community???

300 million US dollars, Star Wars license, KOTOR, developer named Bioware, worlds biggest publisher behind it, what went wrong?

Anyway, it is enough you asnwer the first question, my other ones were rethorical anyway...

sounds to me like you never played a game at release and ya need a new comp or at least fix/upgrade what ya have better luck on your next game

I gotta be honest with you, not that I disagree that some of the mentioned things are problems, but your level of exagerration about them is where I disagree. Plus some of the things on the list are less "problems" and more your opinion and are actually as intended.

For example No Customer Support. There is customer support, its a bit slow because I imagine they are quite busy given some of the issues people are having, but to say "no customer support" is basically a lie.

Bad Graphics? Again its an opinion not a fact and the graphics are as they intended them to be so its not like they made some mistake or rushed out with graphics they intend to fix later or something. This is how the game is supposed to look.

badly optimized and can't run on most computers. Again, an exageration of massive proportions. There are actually very few cases of people unable to run the game. Some people are having some performance issues likely as a result of localized problems but its more accurate to say almost everyone is able to play the game without performance issues.

Actually looking at the list.. I've changed my mind about posting. I honestly tried to take you seriously but most of what you said is kind of a lie isn't it? I mean ...

As far as the poll goes, I disagree. I think the game came out in great shape, better than most MMO's or any other kind of game for that matter.

all the stuff the op was saying is all correct. you need to keep in mind that it is a NEW GAME.

a few things that stick from all the crying is the server forums??? really??? cry about something a little mroe important.

graphics and computer issues.......buy a new comp....2012 game = atleast something fairly new....

no LFG.....hmmmmm....WoW hasn't had theirs very long....

no need to comment on everything you were crying about....go back to WoW...they still like the cry babies over there

Priorities, game stability is better than QOL. Target of target is not needed, LFG is not needed. Core mechanics need to be in place before adding other crap.

what about the other stuff I listed, some much more important and comes with every MMO