HM Commendations/Loot READ

I got the same thing, i have over 300 crystals and i bought my lightsaber for 72 commendations after 2 weeks of farming both HM Flashpoints and Eternity vault.

And still, the only columi piece is an offhand i got in EV. Been doing TFE everyday with the same tank for over 2 weeks. That is 14days + and NEITHER me or the tank (sith jugger and sorc healer) have gotten our columi chestpiece. It has droped trooper/bounty hunter 10times and the rest for smuggler/IA.

With that said, in over 14 runs, it hasnt dropped a single chestpiece for EITHER sith inquisitor or sith juggernaut.

Im starting to give up hope in getting any gear soon.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard mode Flash points.. sucks when you dont gear the gear you would desire but it is random. My companions are looking pretty good in columi tho....

If it was not random, you could have 3 equiped players run 1 nonequiped player through all the flashpoints and get them full columi in 1 day.. cant do that..

Normal Mode EV.. I hate the auto assigned loot, its pretty horrible... Makes its not even worth doing pretty much when you have a group equiped with mostly champ or columi when they only need a piece or two. No one is gonna pug this ... maybe bring a pug or two along .. but not a straight pug.

Hard Mode is fine.. random loot, can master loot.. its random sometimes you'll get stuff everyone needs sometimes you lose out and get stuff no one needs..

Heck I got 4 pieces of Rakata in 1 run, and didnt even kill Soa Hard yet.. lucky me.. The Operatives and Sniper in that particular run got the shaft.... as it was mostly BH / WAR drops.. but thats the way it is..

I agree on many points.....

1. The bosses need to always drop set gear / weapons / etc

OR

2. The amount of crystals and commendations needs to be increase a lot

AND

3. Every person in the FP should always get something they can use

There is nothing worse than wasting time doing an HM FP, and only getting a few crystals and commendations out of it.

I had a similar group last night. Doing HM Boarding Party. Group was Agent Sorcerer Marauder and Jugg. 3 drops were Bounty hunter loot......ummmmm. And of course couldnt get last boss down cuz its still a retarded fight.

I really think they should just do away with the crystals unless they add some sort of stims vendor for them and fix it so each boss drops 2 commendations with last boss dropping 3 and leave daily completetions the same that way even if u dont get gear in 4-5 runs u have enough commendations to buy something.

Yeah I have to agree that the drop rate for the work that goes into doing a HM flashpoint is ridiculous. Imo get champions gear through pvp and then go into OPS. Its so much faster and more reliable, at least you get bags on a regular basis. But here's the thing, not everyone like pvp so your stuck running normals and hard modes without any guarantee for an upgrade. But in an hour of pvp I will have champion bags for the day with commendations and usually an unassembled item. And 6 bags for the weekly which I can get in a few hours.

The difference in gearing is really odd. The way I think it should be done is that you get a T2 pve bag like the pvp champion bag for completing one daily HM and 1 T2 bag from the final boss of the first HM you do each day. And the rest of the HM FPs that day should have 1 T1 bag from the last boss. That way everyone in the group is guaranteed the normal commendations you get plus 2 T2 Bags a day and after your first HM you have the T1 bags each run. I think this would speed up the process of gearing up.

I am just suggesting this because gearing up in pvp seems exponentially faster then gearing through pve. I have been 50 for almost a week and have like 6 or 7 T2 pieces already. That shouldn't be the case if others have been putting the equivalent time in HM FPs and not getting any rewards for it.

if u do the daily, and the weekly you get enough comms to buy something after a week, if all u do it BT (the only one that most ppl dont wipe). If you are playing with pros, or are one, then you can run 3-5 hardmodes after work before you goto bed (not foundry and not boarding party). This will net you around 3 peices of gear every week just from comms, and whatever drops.

I think the loot system in this game needs a major overhaul. I know quite a few ppl with companions in 3/5 columi while all they have are bracers and an implant. there hsould be a need for companion button. Everyone in the op/hm should get a peice of gear from the chest, not 1/4, not 4/8. Also, the fact that most people are spending all of their credits wiping hardmode is doing a number on the endgame economy.

Edited by dipstik

The token drop rates vs. the cost of gear is pretty ridiculous. Columi Gear costs, at its cheapest, 50+ Columi commendations. That's 47+ Hard Mode runs to get a single piece of Columi gear if you're unlucky with drops. That's pretty ridiculous.

I've gone through 1-2 Hard Mode Flashpoints per night for the past week and a half. I've gotten 2 pieces of Columi gear, another guildmate has gotten 3 pieces of Columi gear, a third has gotten 4 pieces of Columi gear - and yet NONE of us have accumulated enough Tionese Commendations after 10 days to purchase a single piece of Tionese gear (that have a lower rating than the gear we've been getting from PvP and Daily Commendation mods...)

Something is wrong here, and Bioware needs to look into it sooner rather than later. My guildmates who have been less fortunate with Columi token drops have already started to become disillusioned (one has been with us every run and has gotten nothing), because grinding HMs doesn't provide any significant progress towards purchasing any loot.

*See below huge blocks of text for the simplified, rant free version*

The whole reason behind it is money. They want to keep people playing for as long as possible. This generates more money for them. Blizzard hired psychologists that help them plan systems to keep people playing and I am sure this is one of them. I would not be surprised if EA/Bioware did the same thing. That being said, the system is ridiculous and is the reason why I never last long after I max out a character in an MMO.

IMO, the only fair system that will bring a sense of accomplishment and reward would be to completely remove the random drop system and simply control the ebb and flow of commendations. None of this, "oh I didn't get my Head gear slot token so I am still SOL." The only way the drop system works is if people can trade stuff. But that has been mitigated by the bind on pickup system. We can't trade commendations either, AFAIK. Again, this is all about dangling the carrot to make you pay more money.

Even during leveling, I was sick of seeing commendation vendors with partial armor sets. Why can I only buy blue wrists and belts with my commendations? Let us buy ALL pieces of an armor set for any given level. Just adjust the commendation supply and demand to adjust the rate of gear progression. Adding all these different components and currencies is really irritating. Also, either make them galactic commendations useful for all tiers, or allow us to trade up lower tier commendations. With the galactic commendations, just adjust the number of commendations required based on tier, just like they do with credits, rather than having my character stuck with 20 odd Tatooine commendations that are useless in 2 days.

Simplified, rant free version:

Problem: Random number Generator(RNG) is what pisses people off

Solution:

A) Get rid of the Bind on Pickup concept and otherwise keep the system as it currently exists.

OR

B) Do away with slot specific tokens and planet specific commendations. Make two currencies, Galactic commendations and Credits. Streamline gear progression by making all armor pieces, weapons, etc available at each tier of commendation vendors for blue and above. Do the same for green level equipment, but for credits instead of commendations. Adjust prices by tier as necessary.

Edited by XeroTheta

*See below huge blocks of text for the simplified, rant free version*

The whole reason behind it is money. They want to keep people playing for as long as possible. This generates more money for them. Blizzard hired psychologists that help them plan systems to keep people playing and I am sure this is one of them. I would not be surprised if EA/Bioware did the same thing. That being said, the system is ridiculous and is the reason why I never last long after I max out a character in an MMO.

IMO, the only fair system that will bring a sense of accomplishment and reward would be to completely remove the random drop system and simply control the ebb and flow of commendations. None of this, "oh I didn't get my Head gear slot token so I am still SOL." The only way the drop system works is if people can trade stuff. But that has been mitigated by the bind on pickup system. We can't trade commendations either, AFAIK. Again, this is all about dangling the carrot to make you pay more money.

Even during leveling, I was sick of seeing commendation vendors with partial armor sets. Why can I only buy blue wrists and belts with my commendations? Let us buy ALL pieces of an armor set for any given level. Just adjust the commendation supply and demand to adjust the rate of gear progression. Adding all these different components and currencies is really irritating. Also, either make them galactic commendations useful for all tiers, or allow us to trade up lower tier commendations. With the galactic commendations, just adjust the number of commendations required based on tier, just like they do with credits, rather than having my character stuck with 20 odd Tatooine commendations that are useless in 2 days.

Simplified, rant free version:

Problem: Random number Generator(RNG) is what pisses people off

Solution:

A) Get rid of the Bind on Pickup concept and otherwise keep the system as it currently exists.

OR

B) Do away with slot specific tokens and planet specific commendations. Make two currencies, Galactic commendations and Credits. Streamline gear progression by making all armor pieces, weapons, etc available at each tier of commendation vendors for blue and above. Do the same for green level equipment, but for credits instead of commendations. Adjust prices by tier as necessary.

No.... Each tier of gear should have its own token. If it does not than i can just grind HM FPs and get the best gear in the game. This should never happen. Its just easymode (ala WoW).

No.... Each tier of gear should have its own token. If it does not than i can just grind HM FPs and get the best gear in the game. This should never happen. Its just easymode (ala WoW).

The incentive to run ALL the flashpoints are still there by the once per day limit. If you run all the HM FPs you can still earn MORE commendations by running ops. There is no reason to have specific token requirements.

I just got home and checked my currencies. After a week and a half I have:

38 Tionese Commendations

158 Tionese Crystals

9 Columi Commendations

None of these totals are enough to buy a single piece of even Tionese gear, which I wouldn't really want to buy anyways b/c it's only the tiniest upgrade over the gear modded w/ Daily quest rewards and worse than both PvP gear and the Columi gear I've already had drop for me.

Let alone the Columi gear that it will take over 4 dozen more Hard Mode runs just to purchase a single piece w/ commendations. I sincerely hope I'll have gotten the gear tokens for my remaining pieces long before then.

After 15 runs I saw my first Knight piece drop. I have personally won more then 3 trooper tokens from the flashpoints that are pretty pointless.

I still cannot buy any Tionese gear though. I have made both Ratakka bracers and belt. I have the earpiece and one of the implants from doing my dailies.

Really sad that I only have 1 piece of gear from the flashpoints. I don't want them to "hand" my gear, but make it a little easier to get at. The crystal / commendation thing is the worst design ever. Why not just give us a set number of currency that will be used instead of 2 different currencies and then not have any type of intelligent ratio to go with it.

BW,

I have officially completed my 10th HM run. I do not have a single piece of gear from those runs. Not drops, not commendation pieces, NOTHING.

I understand that I've just had bad luck with the drops. That's just how things go. However, after those 10 runs, I only have 22 commendations. Not even enough to buy a single piece of gear from the vendor.

You know what that is? ITS WASTING MY TIME.

BW you DRASTICALLY need to change the amount of commendations awarded from Hard Mode Flashpoints. The fact that I can't afford a single piece of gear after 10 runs is absolutely fracking stupid.

Yes I'm mad, but seriously I don't think I'm wrong here. PATCH THIS ASAP.

I've done just HM BT 10 times...let alone all the other hard modes I've done. I still need **** from BT. Bottom line is...shut up and stop crying, someone always has it worse than you.

Do 8man EV, its insanely easy (more so than some HM FP's), lots of loot and a good amount of commendations.