The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are Imperials so much stronger than Repubs?

xprivatepylex

AoE stun of Imp Operative, 60 sec recharge. AoE stun of Rep Scoundrel, 90 sec recharge. That's not an animation difference.

Ahhh nvm you said sniper, do they really have an AoE stun?

Edited by Purlana

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they are actually, the difference is in the animations, which some people complain about but are actually not a problem, they just fool the eye. Damage occurs before rocks hit as an example. I have played an assassin, shadow, sorc, and sage during beta in attempts to decided on which one and which side, they are the same...

nice joke^^

show me a log which proves that :)

You realize that every class is a clone, right?

The Jedi Sages have an attack that is exactly identical to Force Lightning, just with a different animation (think it throws lots of small rocks).

There's no stronger side. Everything is mirrored.

Yes for example :

Sorcerer spell Shock - deal instant damage to target.

Sage spell Project ( mirror of Shock spell ) - deal damage AFTER debris hit target.

Operativ - flash bang - 1 min cd

Scoundrel - flash bang 1,5 min cd

Yeah evrything its totally mirriored...

And NO damage its not done when you use project but after it hits target i maked both sorc and sage and tried it by myself.

Edited by yamaya

Yes for example :

Sorcerer spell Shock - deal instant damage to target.

Sage spell Project ( mirror of Shock spell ) - deal damage AFTER debris hit target.

Operativ - flash bang - 1 min cd

Scoundrel - flash bang 1,5 min cd

Yeah evrything its totally mirriored...

And NO damage its not done when you use project but after it hits target i maked both sorc and sage and tried it by myself.

Damage dealt before debris hit.

They are cloned but badly

Freezing Force : Chilling Scream

JK Blade Storm has a wind up time (the jedi visibly pulls his hand back) and a travel time (both moves are 10m), SW Force Scream deals damage immediately regardless of range

Jedi Consular / Sith Inquisitor:

Project (Cons) doesn't damage until projectile hits, SI Shock does damage instantly.

Smuggler / Imperial Agent:

The talent Accomplished Sawbones (Scoundrel) provides a 5%/10%/15% crit healing bonus opposed to Accomplished Doctor (Op) 10%/20%/30%.

Accomplished Sawbones / Ingame : Accomplished Doctor

Flash Bang (IA) has a 60 sec CD, Flash Grenade (Smuggler) has a 90 sec CD.

Flash Bang : Flash Grenade / Ingame

Debilitate can be used while moving, Dirty kick forces the player to stop.

Smuggler Sab Charge takes time to get to the target, IA Explosive Probe hits target instantly

That is just a few of the issues we have right now. Things need fixed.

you are wrong all damge is front loaded before the animation unless ofcourse its a channeled skill. then each tick of damage is time based in the channel. But animation has nothing to do with anything doing damage faster or sooner

only read like first few pages completely to understand how fooled or blind everyone is.

All you people saying they are mirrored, learn to read and stop talking crap.

The sides ARE NOT MIRRORED you noobs.

There are MANY examples of spells having longer cooldowns, less effect etc and its always empire who have the better spell.

Guess what? there are so many things that make it easier and better to play empire in pvp.

Everyone who talks without knowing facts should prob end their subscription and go play wow instead please, that's where you belong.

It's just a population skew. 80% imperial, 20% republic. Not to mention the most played base class in the republic is the JK, the worst base and advanced class in the game. With the imperials it's the inquisitor, one of the strongest classes in the game. Not much else to it.

Sorry, as a republic player I must disagree with OP.

Imperials get stomped.

This ^

I find it quite amusing actually that the vast majority of Empire players I open up on in world PvP just do nothing. As in just run around aimlessly until they are dead doing absolutely nothing to me.

I think it is skewed because Republic has that one guy that goes to Ilum that trades his daily/assault for 30 imperials that stand around and don't kill him so they can get their daily done.

So at least on my server it's the republics own fault for feeding their enemy champion bags every day and week.

you are wrong all damge is front loaded before the animation unless ofcourse its a channeled skill. then each tick of damage is time based in the channel. But animation has nothing to do with anything doing damage faster or sooner

like i said: SHOW ME A LOG OR A SCREEN PROVEING THAT!!!

you can run away from project - just an example <3....

If you can honestly say that the Empire classes are an exact mirror of the Republic class, you are full of crap. There's another post here showing all the advantages Empire has.

Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last forever. Then you will be posting here how Republic are OP'd.

Such is the way of MMO's.

You are wrong.

Go and try to stop someone from taking a node with project. It probably won't hit them until after they have taken it already.

Zoeller talks about it in this interview. Of course he doesn't think it is a big deal, but he does admit that the issue exists.

http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/Podcasts/fan_sum_02_qa_georg_zoeller.mp3

Edited by timidobserver

You realize that every class is a clone, right?

The Jedi Sages have an attack that is exactly identical to Force Lightning, just with a different animation (think it throws lots of small rocks).

There's no stronger side. Everything is mirrored.

You sir have no idea what you are talking about... heres 14 reasons why you maybe retarded....

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

You sir have no idea what you are talking about... heres 14 reasons why you maybe retarded....

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

I'm not gonna agree with everything this guy said, but from experience and study 90% of these things are correct. Sorc's most definitely have quicker animations and smoother transitions. Consular loses out in both animation time on the cast/dmg and a few animations are slower to transition between each other. Benefits of **** instant lightning vs throwing rocks.

The 30 second CD difference on the flash grenade is agreed to be wrong and will be changed. The animation root on dirty kick is definitely different. Etc.

The classes are DESIGNED as exact mirrors. However that did not end up the case all the time and the minor to moderate differences happen to be congregated on the republic side, making them slightly weaker.

I haven't read past page 2, so pardon me if it's already been said.

Most servers have population imbalance in favor of Imperials, as is the case on my server. For a long time, most of what our Imps got for WZ was Huttball because too few Reps would queue. The Imp PvPers, then, got a head start on getting their PvP gear because they had more opportunities to gain the commendations they needed to buy said gear.

TL;DR: If Imps outnumber Reps on your server, Imps got a head start on getting their PvP gear and are now "OP."