Why are Imperials so much stronger than Repubs?

xprivatepylex

Except that PvP is not played in a vacuum. On paper they may have a slight advantage with some classes but I've never had any problems beating Bounty Hunter's 1v1 on my Commando because of some 0.04 second longer delay in Mortar Volley over Death from Above.

Yeah, 0,04 *rolleyes*. There are skills with 1s (or even more) delay. Some quite essential ones.

And i said equally skilled not noob vs skilled. Im sure you can punch noobs without problems. So can I.

Edited by GrandMike

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it could be that your statistics are all based on assumptions, and everything is nearly equal.

Sure, there is a small difference in some abilities, but how many Warzones have come down to a loss due to a delayed Telekenetic throw? Or because some Smugglers CD was 90s instead of 60s?

The majority of the games I've played have been a win/loss by quite a few points. 53/47 suggests only that...that Empire have won slightly more than Republic.

It makes a huge difference on Voidstar, where the delay with Project can mean the difference between hitting the guy arming/disarming the bomb or just missing him.

People played beta

People worked out which classes melt face the best in pvp

Most of these people went empire at live because its cool and edgy to be the bad guys.

Game goes live

So we have clued up, decent pvp'ers, using the "right" classes in the right way on one faction.

Some really terrible players, with no experience from beta, pick whatever class has the coolest sounding name or look from the char creation screen. they go republic. they get slaughtered - threads like this get made.

Its not your fault.. some people just take things more seriously and want better results. those people also tend to congregate together as they also hate losing. Easier targets to kill makes that less likely to happen. Welcome to mmo pvp.

They are cloned but badly

Yeah I noticed this when I went from smuggler to IA and from JK to SW and from trooper to BH.

There are lots of little things that add up to an advantage for imps.

The imp stories and characters seem more interesting too.

Two factions...

...and to use an analogy its like two hands. Our left and right hands mirror each other but most people favor one over the other so it ends up stronger. Most aren't ambidextrous but this game should be. Instead this game is left-handed, if you follow me.

Edited by Tirithius

Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior:

JG's Freezing Force slows for 6 seconds, SJ's Chilling Scream (equivalent) slows for 9.

JK Blade Storm has a wind up time (the jedi visibly pulls his hand back) and a travel time (both moves are 10m), SW Force Scream deals damage immediately regardless of range

Jedi Consular / Sith Inquisitor:

Project (Cons) doesn't damage until projectile hits, SI Shock does damage instantly.

Trooper / Bounty Hunter:

Mortar Volley (Trooper) takes about 2 seconds for any damage to be registered in the area, while Death From Above (BH) damages instantly. (Not Confirmed)

Smuggler / Imperial Agent:

The talent Accomplished Sawbones (Scoundrel) provides a 5%/10%/15% crit healing bonus opposed to Accomplished Doctor (Op) 10%/20%/30%.

Accomplished Sawbones / Ingame : Accomplished Doctor

Flash Bang (IA) has a 60 sec CD, Flash Grenade (Smuggler) has a 90 sec CD.

Flash Bang : Flash Grenade / Ingame

Debilitate can be used while moving, Dirty kick forces the player to stop.

Smuggler Sab Charge takes time to get to the target, IA Explosive Probe hits target instantly

I don't see how people can argue against this list. There are no Republic advantages confirmed so far.

You realize that every class is a clone, right?

The Jedi Sages have an attack that is exactly identical to Force Lightning, just with a different animation (think it throws lots of small rocks).

There's no stronger side. Everything is mirrored.

Not true.

Don't know why people keep saying this, it's mirrored, sure, but there are some key differences in the talent-trees, cooldowns, animation length etc. Look em up, I'm quite sure someone made a nice long list of the actual (and in pvp, annoying) differences.

Edit: just check the post above me

Edited by FuryNL

As others have said, the Classes are (Mostly) mirrors. The real reason why Imperials tend to win is that most hard core PvPers like to see themselves as dangerous ******es, so they went Imperial. If you take joy in killing other people, do you play the good guys, or the bad guys? By the time Casual PvPers jumped in (A months is an eternity for these purposes), the hardcore had already attained level 50 and PvP gear. If the hard core PvPers had gone Republic, they’d be exploiting the Resolve system just as badly.

When you have 8 hours a day to play a game, you’re always going to have an edge over people with jobs, families and adult responsibilities. THAT is why the Imperials tend to beat the Republic.

Edited by Torcer

The Jedi Sages have an attack that is exactly identical to Force Lightning, just with a different animation (think it throws lots of small rocks).

Completely false. IAs get a 60 second Flashbang, I get a 90 second Flashbang. IAs can use their version of a kick to the Jewels on the move, I have to stop moving. The only thing the mirror does is show a bizarro world where Republic players get slightly worse abilities.

The talent Accomplished Sawbones (Scoundrel) provides a 5%/10%/15% crit healing bonus opposed to Accomplished Doctor (Op) 10%/20%/30%.

This is actually just a wrong tooltip. The abilities are the same (dev confirmed).

And there is one difference benefitting Republic, where the grav round of the Commando has no travel time but the BH rocket has.

Just to keep things correct.

So while a lot about Empire being more passionate pvp players is probably true, equally skilled and geared Empire groups will win more often than Republic because of the little advantages of the classes not being mirrored.

Its about 70/30 win/loss in favour or Republic on our server. One reason that Empire may seem stronger is that they seem to have lots of people playing Sith, meaning the ratio of tank/healer combos is slightly higher? That means theres more likelyhood of Assassin and Juggernaut tanks using guard and taunt and lots of dps, CC and healing from Sorcs to back them up. A team of mostly DPS specs with little to no healing and no tanks wont stand up to that.

On our server we have loads of Vanguards alongside Sage and Commando heal specs as well as plenty of DPS Commandos - some matches ive seen teams made up of nothing but those classes with the odd Sentinel or Guardian thrown in. Maybe thats why our win/loss is decent as we arent lots of squishy DPS going up against Juggernauts with a few Sorcs in their pockets.

On our server, we have to have a 4 man pre-made and we win as republic 90% of the time. If we don't have 4 guildies, then it is a struggle to not get stomped. Some people have stated that the animations do cause delay and anyone not understanding that a half second delay for some sage's project in no way makes it comparable to the sith ability that can be cast instantly and on the fly, is oblivious to the subject. We have multiple examples of this given with other classes and abilities.

I'm not whining or crying because we stomp the lil FOTM sheep regularly, but anyone avoiding the animation imbalance is either worried their advantage will be removed or just has no f'n clue *** they're talking about.

peace :)

Edited by Minovacy

I'm sure everyone has read the same complaints, but it's ridiculous. PvP is simply put unenjoyable from the Republic's side. I argue that not just the Sith Inquiz, but the entire Empire's side needs to be nerfed down. Force lightning is obvious - it's the primary attack for any inquiz. "Oh but you can interrupt it," yeah, and then they cast it again, meanwhile I have another minute until I can use an interrupt again, AFTER I've already used all 3 (Smuggler). And what about the Bounty Hunter? Yeah homing missile is outlandishly strong, but my complaint is the flamethrower. It does massive damage, more with burns, AND as far as I've noticed it isn't channeled so it can't be interrupted.

It's stupid when I go into a PvP and 6/8 of the Empire players are inquizitors spamming force lightning, with a few bounty hunters to get their back when someone who knows what they're doing starts destroying them.

If you've read this, thanks for letting me vent.

Jansolo

unless your unhappy about the difference between the mirrior classes which there are a few and they all favor one side then you need to re-address your issue

its either empire is stronger than republic which comes down to the players mostly

or its that you think a certain class and its mirror are to strong vs another class and it mirror.

if its the former then its sad to say its a mind set thing I reallly don't understand myself but its quite clearly there and my guild knew it was there before the game was even released thast why we rolled republic to get more of a challange. good job we did would of been a re-roll if we had gone the other way republic on my server are so bad its untrue and its not just a skill thing its the decissions they make in fact thats maybe the biggest issue poor judgement/awareness.

not saying all Rep are bad all Imp's are good its just the majority are

if its the latter then all I can say is any game balanced around 1 vs 1 will always be unbalanced in group situations its no aspect of the pvp in this game is aimed at 1 on 1 encounters warzones ilum is all group content find some friends get a good group going

on thing I will say is its odd that in a game with no auto attack they made some class's best option spamming one move while others can use all there ability's to good effect glad I picked a class that ended up not spamming one move.

I play rep and i win ~75% of played WZ.

I mostly find imp are keyboard turners and 80% of imp players i come across are horribad maybe it's the same for rep i don't know, still, we are winning most of WZ on my server.

You realize that its several "holes" that BW haven't filled yet? talents and spells does more/less damage than the other faction, longer/shorter cooldown etc..

Play Rep and be proud you're an underdog! ;)

These differences will be fixed before 1.2 I am sure.

But, I've no doubt, there is a difference in the playerbase when it comes to people who focus mainly on PvP between the factions. This is due to PvPers in general tend to lean more towards the darker or more evil faction then the PvEers. You can see this in Rift, Wow (pre faction-transfer), and so on.

Edited by xcimeister

The server I play on, the Republic dominate every aspect of PVP. If I get into a warzone and it's something other than Huttball I pretty much know I'm going to get rolled. Its not the faction, its the players. They have better players than we do. The End.

"There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing."

LOL, people claiming he is misinformed. Republic/Imperial are not exact mirrors. Take for example my class - the trooper. There are many abilities on the trooper that have a delay where the mirrored Bounty hunters ability is not. Mortar Volley and Death from above are one example.

Alot more misinformed people here than i think you realise....

So Smuggler Flash Grenade with 90s cooldown vs. Imperial Agent Flash Bang 60s cooldown is a "small" difference?

Yeah, right.

No, the individual skill differences are not small. But their effect on wins vs losses is relatively small. Sorry should've been more clear about that. I especially feel the pain with the flash gren thing.

Every class on empire side has an EXACT MIRROR CLASS, to the damage number and cast time.. Please be more informed before posting something as ridiculous as this... I personally play a 50 Shadow and am probably on a 98-99% win percentage... and I'm lvl 60 valor .. GG

Every class on empire side has an EXACT MIRROR CLASS, to the damage number and cast time.. Please be more informed before posting something as ridiculous as this... I personally play a 50 Shadow and am probably on a 98-99% win percentage... and I'm lvl 60 valor .. GG

You're wrong. Read posts before you. Skills are mirrored, cast/recharge times are not.

You're wrong. Read posts before you. Skills are mirrored, cast/recharge times are not.

Yes, they are actually, the difference is in the animations, which some people complain about but are actually not a problem, they just fool the eye. Damage occurs before rocks hit as an example. I have played an assassin, shadow, sorc, and sage during beta in attempts to decided on which one and which side, they are the same...

Yes, they are actually, the difference is in the animations, which some people complain about but are actually not a problem, they just fool the eye. Damage occurs before rocks hit as an example. I have played an assassin, shadow, sorc, and sage during beta in attempts to decided on which one and which side, they are the same...

AoE stun of Imp Operative, 60 sec recharge. AoE stun of Rep Scoundrel, 90 sec recharge. That's not an animation difference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.