/who command useless

darrthbt

Yes but quick typing /who <Name|Zone> doesn't do anything but act as if you just typed /who

Which is how the /who command in SWToR was designed to work. It isn't supposed to automatically search the name or zone. You got spoiled by WoW. Just type the name in the box.

Which is how the /who command in SWToR was designed to work. It isn't supposed to automatically search the name or zone. You got spoiled by WoW. Just type the name in the box.

I got spoiled by efficiency. Typing :

/who ASDF

<ENTER>

is much better than

/who

<L CLICK TEXT FIELD>

ASDF

<ENTER>

When you /who someone or a guild quite often, those 2 extra steps is a big deal and becomes an annoyance.

Yes, god forbid we expect products to either stay efficient or change for the better. SWTOR is ahead of the curve in many areas such as voiced story lines and quests, but like 10 years behind in glaring areas. I mean, even EQ1 that came out in 1998 had an efficient /who command.

horrible /who, no server forums and many other small issues that just leave you wondering if the game will carry people long enough to correct these deficiencies.

No one's going to hate them if they copy features directly from WoW that needs to be copied (/who, LFG system so General isn't spammed 24/7, among some other things which don't include a LFR system...**** that)

I'll admit to making use of /who alot to form groups (hey thats what it is there for), but even FFXI (2 years before WoW Launched I might add) had a better implementation.

/Sea All Name - Search for people with a certain name (inc as part of their name)

/Sea All INV LevelRange - Search for people with LFG flag on in a level range

/Sea All Class LevelRange - Search for people of a certain class in a level range

etc etc were all functions that worked from the chat prompt without the need to click through additional boxes.

Yes /Who works at the moment, but it's not exactly as user friendly as it could be.

Edited by Saigan

Agreed the /who command is useless in SWTOR, even when you type a name into the box you can see naff all details about who you are looking for.

/who goes way back to the M.U.D days (which amazingly are still alive and kicking) you should be able to enter a large variety of arguments for it:

/who Ted

/who 30-35

/who Digital Legion

etc...