Arsenal Mercs have zero survivability

Typheran

Our mobility for heavy damage kinda sucks, we do get enough instants for when we have to move though.... Yeah they're not our heavy hitters but you're playing the wrong class if you want mobility and hard hitting moves.

Our survivability is fine. We get pretty damned high hp pools compared to most of the other DPS classes, I'm sitting at a solid 18k buffed right now and with your shield stacked to 5 you should be looking at around 40% mitigation.... Thats much higher than most of the other DPS classes too.

Yeah if 8 people start pounding on you you're gonna be in a world of hurt, but so is pretty much anybody outside cooldowns.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on top of everything said and done, which i pretty much agree that we are a broken class especially at PvP,

what made me shelf my merc was last night was when i came up against a sage who had a longer range than me... we were standing still and he was pounding on me with various attacks whereas i was getting "out of range" message with every single ability i tried. (let alone their rocks interruting my animations and cancel my casts too...)

Of course now there will be some wiseguys start "why were ye standing idly, l2p, its not the class its ye who is broken" stuff...

the point is not that... if i am a ranged class how come a jedi can have a better range than me? only longer range i can accept is from snipers... thats ok as it is their main style...

Staying at max range only lasts as long as no one notices you...most melee have leap that will close to you from near your max range...

Happens every match in Void star....I run up till I can cast at my MAX range...fire off maybe two-three abilitys and get a jedi leaping in my face.

But I'm staying at RANGE like all the helpfull poster say I shold be doing!

It is completly impossible to dps someone down who can leap like that before they close on you....if you use your jets they just leap right back...electro dart them....run for 4 sec and get maybe 5 feet as your slowed from that stupid damage snare thing in pvp.

The bigger the gun the less mobile it is. That's why the military has tanks and artillery. Arsenal Mercs are artillery. If you can maintain range, you will destroy everyone. No good pvper will let you stay out there though.

Really, merc arsenal is not a pvp spec. Turrets are terrible for high level pvp.

I'm really not sure if this entire thread is full of trolls or you guys just don't understand how to play the class. I never have any problem with mobility in pvp, our HARDEST hitting ability is instant. We do more burst than any class bar maybe an op spec'd agent.

If you guys are really have trouble playing this class in pvp right now you have a rude awakening inc when the nerf bat hits us for being OP

I'm really not sure if this entire thread is full of trolls or you guys just don't understand how to play the class. I never have any problem with mobility in pvp, our HARDEST hitting ability is instant. We do more burst than any class bar maybe an op spec'd agent.

If you guys are really have trouble playing this class in pvp right now you have a rude awakening inc when the nerf bat hits us for being OP

Play an op. Their burst is far higher than ours.

I agree with orginal poster about lack of survivability. There are many classes that can just power through your movement impairing effects as well.

We wear heavy armor but most things penetrate armor making healing and shielding more viable than our armor, so that IMO is mitigated far too much not to have some get out of jail free cards.

I want an interrupt like the melee classes get and I think rocket punch should knock back as well as root for 2 seconds.

i think we need to take baby steps, and I think it needs to start with other classes.

an 8 second stun that is not broken by damage, that is my first issue. Fix that and lets see how it goes.

personally I think stun lock in general is the problem. I dont mind dying, but dying without ever having a button that was not greyed out is stupid.

crowd control is ruling pvp right now, and aoe 8 second hold that does not break on damage? really?

oh and being immune to cc after it is cast on you for a short time would help a lot as well.

i dont care that i am killable but this stun locking has to stop...

after that mechanic is worked on I will re-evaluate my survivability, kill me fine, but if you only have a sliver of life at the end of that i am fine with it because my homey will pop by and drop ya for it.

news flash they have stealth and they can kill you in a single stun

I'll get back to you when i've ever been killed by an op agent in a single stun. I'll give you this 1v1 ops are the hardest class for bh's to solo other than tanks for obv reasons but its not impossible. You have all the tools to counter them as long as you use them you should win the fight

You must not play a arsenal merc

unload is by far our hardest hitter, i have gotten three crit ticks over 2k plus all the little hits... 6-7k per cast and heat neutral, throw a HS right before for the 3k crit hit and you can possibly get up to 10k (if you are not interrupted or they dont move out of LOS)...

Edited by Yazule

If people let a Arsenal Mercenary stand their and cast their spells then thay can look op cos they have good damage. But I would trade some of my damage for survivability anyday.

Snipers have more cc and same damage output as BH's.

Sorcerers have have way more cc than BH and if played well can do around the same damage as a BH.

BH have nothing to defend them self when people start to attack them unless you are a healer and the person attacking you is stupid and doesn't interrupt your casts.

Sorcerers, the most mobile ranged dps in-game have Force-Sprint...:mad:

If people let a Arsenal Mercenary stand their and cast their spells then thay can look op cos they have good damage. But I would trade some of my damage for survivability anyday.

Snipers have more cc and same damage output as BH's.

Sorcerers have have way more cc than BH and if played well can do around the same damage as a BH.

BH have nothing to defend them self when people start to attack them unless you are a healer and the person attacking you is stupid and doesn't interrupt your casts.

Sorcerers, the most mobile ranged dps in-game have Force-Sprint...:mad:

I want force sprint too.. jetpack flight as example

Good bh can do 400-500k damage

Good Sorc can do 400k damage + 200k heal + 100k absorb :/

If you die in 1 stun to an op you either 1. are not 50, 2. have no expertise, 3. have the reactions of a dead cat

i fight a lot of time a buddy of mine that is an operative full champion equipped,with me full champion equipped,yes i die in a single stun,if i pop the shield he just vanish and wait that it finish to came back on me and terminate me instantly

we can discuss about the bounty hunter reliabilty on pvp all the day long,but please stop defending the operative/scoundrel outburst,even for a burst class,it's just too much

I want force sprint too.. jetpack flight as example

Good bh can do 400-500k damage

Good Sorc can do 400k damage + 200k heal + 100k absorb :/

^ this.

but you forgot force shield, which stops knock back, and force run which helps you escape and bypass hazards in huttball.

^ this.

but you forgot force shield, which stops knock back, and force run which helps you escape and bypass hazards in huttball.

Love operatives/scoundrels

GODLIKE damage, AWESOME cc, GOOD survive, AND DAMN INTERRUPT!!!! Why i choose a merc? Why i don't pick Powertech? Damn second blaster... i don't use it >_< it piece of junk.

Love operatives/scoundrels

GODLIKE damage, AWESOME cc, GOOD survive, AND DAMN INTERRUPT!!!! Why i choose a merc? Why i don't pick Powertech? Damn second blaster... i don't use it >_< it piece of junk.

Because mercs can hold their own in pvp. Ops are only any good 1v1. If they get 2-3 people after them, theyre dead.

unload is by far our hardest hitter, i have gotten three crit ticks over 2k plus all the little hits... 6-7k per cast and heat neutral, throw a HS right before for the 3k crit hit and you can possibly get up to 10k (if you are not interrupted or they dont move out of LOS)...

Unload For sure but generally if your fighting someone your not getting a full unload channel off, my heatseekers crit anywhere from 4k-5.5 with my highest being just over 6k with trinks and surge pot