Hutball is broken.

Typheran

If they make it so abilities like force charge and intercede make you drop the ball then that kind of gimps the warrior class in that game

Not at all. You can still use it to attack the ball carrier, instead of leapfrogging past choke points with the ball.

As a Merc BH I WISH I had an ability like that.

Edited by Typheran

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. You can still use it to attack the ball carrier, instead of leapfrogging past choke points with the ball.

As a Merc BH I WISH I had an ability like that.

I know, I just love force leaping in huttball and I think that the guy makes a point and it probably eventually will make you drop the ball....but if this is the case then all classes need to have abilities turned off during ball carrying as well to make it even.

I know, I just love force leaping in huttball and I think that the guy makes a point and it probably eventually will make you drop the ball....but if this is the case then all classes need to have abilities turned off during ball carrying as well to make it even.

It should. It's really a no-brainer. The fact that it was intentionally left in, while cloaking with the ball was coded out, makes me wonder what the hell Bioware was thinking.

I have a better idea, they should let us pick which warzone we queue for, so I don't have to be screwed in huttball while watching all the people with charges win the game.

It will also help huttball composition as mostly only people with huttball winning abilities will queue for it.

Edited by DarthDartheous

Everyone has pretty much said what needed to be said, nullifying the whole point of this OP's thread.

With that said, when Bioware finally allows us to filter what we que up for, watch Huttball become a ghost town and never touched ever again. Crappiest Warzone I've ever seen and some of the worst experiences I've had with PvP.

It brings into light just how ineffective the resolve bar really is. It takes half a dozen stuns for it to actually fill. For starters. Second, THERE IS NO DIMINISHING RETURNS ON SLOWS.

Which is pretty damning. You can slow someone permanately regardless of resolve bars or anything else. It's utterly stupid and, although not really game breaking, it /should/ be nerfed. Each second you're slowed should tick up your resolve bar and a maxed bar should make you immune to it.

I have a better idea, they should let us pick which warzone we queue for, so I don't have to be screwed in huttball while watching all the people with charges win the game.

It will also help huttball composition as mostly only people with huttball winning abilities will queue for it.

Right now, Huttball is like having a whole bunch of Micheal Jordan's playing basketball with Danny DeVito.

Everyone has pretty much said what needed to be said, nullifying the whole point of this OP's thread.

With that said, when Bioware finally allows us to filter what we que up for, watch Huttball become a ghost town and never touched ever again. Crappiest Warzone I've ever seen and some of the worst experiences I've had with PvP.

It brings into light just how ineffective the resolve bar really is. It takes half a dozen stuns for it to actually fill. For starters. Second, THERE IS NO DIMINISHING RETURNS ON SLOWS.

Which is pretty damning. You can slow someone permanately regardless of resolve bars or anything else. It's utterly stupid and, although not really game breaking, it /should/ be nerfed. Each second you're slowed should tick up your resolve bar and a maxed bar should make you immune to it.

I agree, but it's still pointless when a shielded forcerunner blows past you through the fire and scores, while you slowly footslog. The CC's and slows suck, but most people have to suffer through them (minus shielded sorcs), unlike the few classes that get to bypass hazards, leaving other classes pretty much useless in huttball.

I agree

When this happens only force users will play huttball.

I've seen premades without force users 6-0 cap every hutball they enter. It is about taemwork and coordination... not abilities.

I've seen premades without force users 6-0 cap every hutball they enter. It is about taemwork and coordination... not abilities.

Really? Pre-made team of 8 with NO force users?

It's beside the point anyway; a premade should always dump on a random team. The comparisons should be made between premade vs premade matches and random vs random matches, in which case the team with the most force users simply has an advantage no one can deny. They gain massive bonuses to mobility and control with no sacrifice of healing/damage/tanking. This is only compounded by the entirely randomized layout of the arena that emphasizes sheer dumb luck over coordination or strategy.

Awful Warzone in beta, awful warzone in retail. Let me filter it out so I can have fun PVPing in this game.

The only broken part of Huttball is that any class with a charge can bypass virtually any defense and it's not really defendable at all (you'd have to have no defenders to stop it, which isn't a good idea). The pull ally ability at least requires that guy to be open and in that case he could've received the ball anyway. Being rooted is fine because most roots are on longish cooldowns and you have at least one way to break it (some classes have 2). If the other team had the foresight to rotate their roots right as you get to endzone that's good playing on their part, not that the game is broken. If you play Huttball enough you'll be able to figure out when the other guy is going to try to run across the fire pit, so get your stuns/knockbacks ready. Now if that guy has a full bar of resolve, then that means your team used their CC at the wrong time and you should pay for it. When I carry the ball I'll generally stop in front of fire trap on purpose until I build up a full resolve bar, even if it was possible to cross it, because this ensures you can't get stunned on top of the fire trap. Edited by Astarica

Really? Pre-made team of 8 with NO force users?

No, a premade of four with disorganized randoms for teammates and opponents. I've also seen a premade of four beat an opposing premade of four with force users without any force users of their own.

I have played every class/spec to 20 with my main, and first character, a bounty hunter merc...I regret even having played it to 50 at all. It is bad in pvp, it is playing a mage with no abilities to do dmg on the go and no cc. Huttball is made for classes with platform jumps and knockbacks, the major group is force users. But classes able to spec tank, are really powerful in general, most of those are force users, and pwr tech bh has a lot of the same field control. I can do top dmg or top heals and it feels that I contribute nothing to the game. I can follow the ball around kill those around it or heal the one who has it and it still feels like I am missing out on my merc. Playing a 10th level non specced warrior is more fun just because force jump stops me from being screwed out of position...the class abilities and their use in the huttball arena are very much a problem.

It is not just an issue of only force users will queue for it...and picking the arena will fix it. Obviously the game needs fixing, and that is what op's post is about. It needs fixing because it isn't fun for everyone, and it damn well should be.

How about making the ball carrier immune to all physics effects and CC both positive and negative? No speed buffs, pulls or leaps but no stuns or roots either. Just a slow walking carrier that your team has to protect.

Also, hazards really should hurt based on % of total health, ignoring all forms of mitigation.

How about making the ball carrier immune to all physics effects and CC both positive and negative? No speed buffs, pulls or leaps but no stuns or roots either. Just a slow walking carrier that your team has to protect.

Also, hazards really should hurt based on % of total health, ignoring all forms of mitigation.

Would sound good, however anything right now anything is better than its current state. I don't care if they implement what you suggested or if they implement queue selection first. something needs to be done as commando/smuggler/IA/Mercs are completely useless in huttball when compared to force chargers and powertech/vanguards.

Edited by DarthDartheous

Right now Huttball hugely favours classes with leap, pull or sprint abilities. When playing Huttball on my agent. I simply feel useless. Getting knocked into the pit all the time, basically being unable to do anything against it.

I've had loads of games so far, where basically no side would be able to score. Because of players using their knockbacks wisely ( Really, what's up with basically every class having a knockback? Melee classes do not need knockbacks imo, but that's a different thing ). The only point scored in these games, were because of Inquisitors managing to survive till their resolve bar was full. Then instantly sprinting off, over the fire leaving basically every other class behind. Or because of a Juggernaut/Marauder managing to charge a badly positioned teammate.

The whole principle of huttball is quite fun if you ask me. But the current map it's played on is flawed in every way and hugely favours classes with a leap, sprint or pull. Ever tried scoring the ball as an agent? I usually get slowed/stunned till my resolve bar is full. Then after waiting for the last fire to go out. My resolve bar is empty again and I get knocked into the pitt, being unable to do anything at all.

Right now Huttball hugely favours classes with leap, pull or sprint abilities. When playing Huttball on my agent. I simply feel useless. Getting knocked into the pit all the time, basically being unable to do anything against it.

I've had loads of games so far, where basically no side would be able to score. Because of players using their knockbacks wisely ( Really, what's up with basically every class having a knockback? Melee classes do not need knockbacks imo, but that's a different thing ). The only point scored in these games, were because of Inquisitors managing to survive till their resolve bar was full. Then instantly sprinting off, over the fire leaving basically every other class behind. Or because of a Juggernaut/Marauder managing to charge a badly positioned teammate.

The whole principle of huttball is quite fun if you ask me. But the current map it's played on is flawed in every way and hugely favours classes with a leap, sprint or pull. Ever tried scoring the ball as an agent? I usually get slowed/stunned till my resolve bar is full. Then after waiting for the last fire to go out. My resolve bar is empty again and I get knocked into the pitt, being unable to do anything at all.

+1 I agree.

As a BH I ignore the ball and just pvp. Having no choice as I cannot mitigate damage, cannot instantly bypass hazards and my shield doesn't stop knock backs. Like OP's .. I'm only good for doing damage when people are close to me.

Huttball is hella fun, one of the best pvp games I've played.

Also not just force users have leap/pull, some ignorant people in here should l2p.

This thread is brought to you by the letters "Q" and "Q".

Right, I forgot other classes get an ability that lets them move faster than the most expensive mount in the game. While carrying the objective.

My server has an inquisitor-only guild. I welcome you to come play against them in huttball. See how you enjoy it.

Idc about class nerfs, but I'm god damn tired of playing against 9 inquisitor + juggernaut tank huttballs.