Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

Does that say 2nd-3rd of october.

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

10.03.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Now im starting to hate this launch.

Basically some 3rd of octobers get it and i dont but i have a collectors edition.

its written wrong in first posts 3rd of octobers didn't get in. there's even some left outs in 2nd october too. chill & have fun after first wave tomorrow.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The $5 for early access was NOT $5 extra - it was deducted from the cost of the game. You did NOT pay $5 extra for early game access.

Bioware has ALWAYS said you'll get to play UP TO five days early if you pre-order. That could mean one day earlier. It could mean five. It's like the McDonald's Monopoly game where you could win UP TO one million dollars, but you will more likely win a free regular fry. It's called marketing, people, and everyone does it.

And since the original early game access wasn't supposed to start until 12/15, but they started 12/13, we're all getting two bonus days no matter when you actually get your invite. After all, if they'd started on 12/15 as originally planned, those people who would now get in on 12/15 would have gotten in on 12/17.

So, I don't know why anybody is ************.

For the record, I didn't register my key until 11/26 so, no, I'm not playing yet and am also hoping they get through the month of Nov tomorrow. But I won't cry if they don't.

if i was reading this right last entry here was on oct 2nd or 3rd. dat means they finshed 1 months worth of pre order today. they most likely will invite all who havent gotten in yet and pre ordered before oct 2 and probally finsh up nov abd maybe early dec tomarrow? since they increase almost double from yesterday's entrys.

Keep in mind that they invite based on # of preorders, not dates. So if there were 100,000 preorders in a one week stretch in October (which there wasn't) that one week would be one wave. However, if there were 100,000 for the entire month of October, then that whole month would be a wave. So, dates are based on # of preorders during that time.

These have been the longest few days of my life, I haven't wanted something more since I was 15 and a virgin.

I pre-ordered the 7th of december due to money issues and I highly doubt I will see the 5 days early access I thought I was promised. I took days off from work for this so I feel all you guys who are waiting around on the forums as well.

BW will get away with this on a technicality and semantics.. dirty, dirty semantics.

I bought the game yesterday - I will be one of the last lol. I admit I was a bit confused at first, because the impression the adverts gave me was that if I bought the digital copy I would be able to get in game on the 13th. Like other early access promos I've been involved in, I wasn't expecting this one to be much different.

I didn't read anything about the staggered access until after I already bought and went to register the code, and even then I only found out because I was confused after putting in all the info as to what to do next and I clicked on the early access news flash thing.

Not a huge deal though, still haven't totally destroyed every single quest in Skyrim.

They could though do us a solid and open this trickle up into a nice stream at least.

These have been the longest few days of my life, I haven't wanted something more since I was 15 and a virgin.

I pre-ordered the 7th of december due to money issues and I highly doubt I will see the 5 days early access I thought I was promised. I took days off from work for this so I feel all you guys who are waiting around on the forums as well.

BW will get away with this on a technicality and semantics.. dirty, dirty semantics.

You thought wrong. Guess you're being punished for not reading the rules around EGA. You not comphrending "up to 5 days" and taking off work is not 'dirty semantics.'

Keep in mind that they invite based on # of preorders, not dates. So if there were 100,000 preorders in a one week stretch in October (which there wasn't) that one week would be one wave. However, if there were 100,000 for the entire month of October, then that whole month would be a wave. So, dates are based on # of preorders during that time.

I don't see how that would work! they have over 900K preorders and apply your theory + 7 days early game access will leave 200K with 0days left and keep in mind people are still preordering!!!!

You mention money issues and then still took DAYS off of work? For the pre-release of a game? I am hoping that you just recently lost your virginity...Because if you are much older than 15, you really need to get your priorities straight...

The $5 for early access was NOT $5 extra - it was deducted from the cost of the game. You did NOT pay $5 extra for early game access.

I was billed 5pound on the 19th(despite making the order the 10th after some fighting and a few different peoples credit cards.) and my account says 44 pound still to pay, they made no mention that it was part of the game price, just that it was a pre order fee. if im getting 5 quid back or im paying 5 quid less than i though then all the better, thought all along the price was a bit iffy for a standard DD game. 50 quid for a game, not paid that in ever for a game. seems to me like there isnt 30 days free game time, they just uped the price to pay for them 30 days ;)

and again i really dont think that people think they paid 5 pound for early access, i think they just know they were sold on that 5 days free time. and being a bit missguilded thinking they should get it all, had there been more communitaction about this i dont know if the problem would have been so bad.

anyway im giving up on this now, when i was moved to this post i was all postive, now i im starting to feel the pull of the darkside. ;)

I don't see how that would work! they have over 900K preorders and apply your theory + 7 days early game access will leave 200K with 0days left and keep in mind people are still preordering!!!!

Man...it was an example. I don't work for the company, so I don't know how many preorders there actually are. I just know that they are letting people in based on # of preorders and not just set in stone date ranges.

Please let us know when you get in, and through what wave.

Also, discuss this days' wave of invites.

****RESERVED FOR DAY 3 RELATED UPDATES****

Unofficial estimates for day 3, wave 1-4(?):

3rd October - 20th November

Thank you, Qwertly, for this thread! It's nice to have someone doing this.

By the way, are you in game yet, or are you still waiting?

My pre-order say 07.22.2011 but i'm not in!!!!!!!!

so? *** your Origin system doing?

i think our start is a bit fail dude:mad:

Show me your pre-order confirmation section of "My Account". I bet you didn't redeem the code yet. If you did redeem it then, then you got screwed and need to contact customer support.

Wow, the whining has slowed down to a trickle! I guess 36 hours of non-stop ranting has all the poor lil guys falling out of their chairs passed out with exhaustion and high blood pressure... :rolleyes:

laughing at that bro! Just be patient guys, we'll all get in sooner or later.

You thought wrong. Guess you're being punished for not reading the rules around EGA. You not comphrending "up to 5 days" and taking off work is not 'dirty semantics.'

I never said me taking off work was dirty semantics, I'm saying there loosely worded Pre Order hook was dirty semantics. They knew they were being confusing, you too know this.

Semantics as defined by the dictionary

"the meaning, or an interpretation of the meaning, of a word, sign, sentence"

Looking at the bated hook you see 5 days EGA for everyone, only if you read into do you see OR NOT, who is reading into it though? I didn't think that would be necessary, nor should it have been.

We just want to play star wars man. Not read the fine print.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.