** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it releases on its Dec. 20th release date as planned for everyone. EGA is a perk for pre-orders and isn't guaranteed.

It's a marketing trick to ensure Bioware can say they had the only stable MMO launch ever. Giving themselves 7 weeks of an error margin ensures this. Only they forgot communication, so it will be remembered as the usual crap MMO launch.

Originally Posted by jjolin

my brother just got his e-mail, and he put his code in some time in november, same as me, and i probably have a few days more to wait.

"The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Early Game Access* has started, and you can now begin your adventure. To start playing, click on the button below and follow the steps outlined on the page. Welcome to your Star Wars™ saga."

things that make you go ....

Your brother is lucky... =) Good for him... A bummer that you didn't get yours at the same time though.. I feel for you.. :(

I think it's great that so many people are getting in today... Maybe I'll be lucky tomorrow..

:)

OK, so... Let's here your wonderful ideas then?

Seriously, if your 2 Y/O could come up with a better plan, tell us what BW should have done.

I'd have been happy with a lottery system of who gets in first. Not everyone can control when they have the chance to buy the game, october myself, but in the end we all ordered the same thing at the same price. If during each wave people were randomly selected for the invitation, no matter the date, it would atleast be more fair :D

Then don't pre-order next time. Nobody forced you to. The game launches on the 20th of December, maybe you should have purchased it then. You can copy/paste this 'tidbit' if it will help you remember for your next game launch experience. Other than that, have a good day sir/ma'am :)

Oh get off your high horse dude seriously.

T-h-e g-a-m-e i-s n-o-t l-a-u-n-c-h-e-d y-e-t

did i say that slow enough for you.

The game launched the moment they let the first person make a character and start playing in the release build. This arguing over semantics is a waste of time.

Someone is in game, playing, and the character will not be wiped. The game has launched, the developers said it launched, and common sense says it has launched. Can we drop it now?

------------------------------

(I wonder how many people who are so adamant a staggered launch is fantastic, would be up in arms if BW didn't do a beta character wipe...if they hadn't participated in beta....)

Arda Akgur@psysention

· Details

@Rockjaw Can we expect a bonus wave today? I think you guys doing great! tho iwsh i could get a response from you, are you able to read this

Stephen Reid@Rockjaw

Follow

@psysention Unlikely

2hvia TweetDeck · Embed this Tweet

tweeted by SR to psysention 2 hours + ago I don't think your bonus hopes will be realised guys.

It's a marketing trick to ensure Bioware can say they had the only stable MMO launch ever. Giving themselves 7 weeks of an error margin ensures this. Only they forgot communication, so it will be remembered as the usual crap MMO launch.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391

Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span (as it relates to the timeline of when people pre-ordered).

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size (but in total number of invites, larger than yesterday - yes, waves can vary in size). We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population. I'll update this thread when each wave is sent. You can also follow our official Twitter account for notification.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

Wave Two was sent at 9AM CST (7AM PST / 10AM EST / 3PM GMT / 4PM CET).

Wave Three was sent at 10AM CST (8AM PST / 11AM EST / 4PM GMT / 5PM CET).

Wave Four was sent at 11AM CST (9AM PST / 12PM EST / 5PM GMT / 6PM CET).

and they were updating their twitter until about an hour ago when they said "we will be back later"

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw

https://twitter.com/#!/swtor

I'm pretty sure they are communicating the best they can....

have trouble reading and understanding?http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=273 no matter how anyone wants to spin it,thats an official statement.It clearly states...This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, ....until i see that staement revoked by them it is launched.

Read all the other statements by BW on this ... and read the FAQs ... picking on the sloppy language of excited Devs and ignoring the overwhelming evidence to the contrary is less than clever.

Having said that if ever there is a fire alarm in a building you are in and the alarm rings I hope nobody says "there is no fire" as I have a feeling you might believe them and take it to your grave :(

Arda Akgur@psysention

· Details

@Rockjaw Can we expect a bonus wave today? I think you guys doing great! tho iwsh i could get a response from you, are you able to read this

Stephen Reid@Rockjaw

Follow

@psysention Unlikely

2hvia TweetDeck · Embed this Tweet

tweeted by SR to psysention 2 hours + ago I don't think your bonus hopes will be realised guys.

everyone already knows this, and they don't careeee.

Bye.

The game launched the moment they let the first person make a character and start playing in the release build. This arguing over semantics is a waste of time.

Someone is in game, playing, and the character will not be wiped. The game has launched, the developers said it launched, and common sense says it has launched. Can we drop it now?

------------------------------

(I wonder how many people who are so adamant a staggered launch is fantastic, would be up in arms if BW didn't do a beta character wipe...if they hadn't participated in beta....)

Alright then. If it's "launched" as you say, go buy the game off the shelf and try logging in with it today. :rolleyes: