Take a breath, and slow down...

AlphaLeader

I'll never understand why so many people are all ready lvl 50's. Sure, this may be more of a story-pillared solo game, but that doesn't mean we can trash it.

Obviously, this game is to be taken with each moment as an exciting experience. Look towards the quests as an adventure, not as "just another quest."

Of course, people want to be the best of the best in a virtual world, but so far, the best plan of enjoying the game is to take each step as a star wars hero, not a MMO grinder.

Edited by AlphaLeader

In this game, the only way to slow down and not be 50 is to not play at all.

You aren't the first to tell people to slow down and I am not the first to tell you in reply.

That unless you do 1 quest every hour, not being 50 a week ago is very very unlikely.

Edited by Sireene
Inappropriate Content

You aren't the first to tell people to slow down and I am not the first to tell you in reply.

That unless you do 1 quest every hour, not being 50 a week ago is very very unlikely.

Glad to see you're open minded about and civil about it.

But, I don't understand why you would envy something you are already emulating? And exceeddingly well, I might add.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

I'll never understand why so many people are all ready lvl 50's. Sure, this may be more of a story-pillared solo game, but that doesn't mean we can trash it.

Obviously, this game is to be taken with each moment as an exciting experience. Look towards the quests as an adventure, not as "just another quest."

Of course, people want to be the best of the best in a virtual world, but so far, the best plan of enjoying the game is to take each step as a star wars hero, not a MMO grinder.

I completely agree, but I don't think there is anything anyone could say that would prevent someone who has it in their mind to PL to 50 to keep said PL'er from doing so.

The game takes X hours to complete enough stories etc to earn enough experience, to be level 50.

Presumably everybody can understand this.

Now here is the tricky bit..... how high your character's level is depends on when you started playing the game and how many hours per week you spend playing it... :eek:

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

I have been taking my time, exploring, taking hundreads of screenshots, doing every side quest I can find, etc., and my character is level 41. I got into the very first day of early access. I only play on weekends (aside from the early access, which I took a day or two off for) and even then it is for a few hours a night. The levelling goes very fast in this game, there is not really anything you can do about it even if you are just casually grinding.

I am having a ton of fun though. I am in no way in a hurry to get to level 50. By the time next weekend rolls around it will have been what, a month?... since my first day of early access. A month to get to level 41 is pretty decent. I imagine I will be level 50 by the end of the month. This is alot slower then other MMOs that I have played (LOTRO, SWG).

No complaints here! Obviously the option to get to level 50 in a week or so is there for those who do not like the story and just want to focus on end game. The only way I see being viable to have a "slow" grind to 50 is only to play for an hour or two, two days a week.

Weird, me and some of my guild were talking about it - but referencing about an Op who said they rushed through the game and now doesn't have anything to do. Well, sucks to be him.

So, I liked this post for a number of reasons, but I guess this is kind of me.

See - I had my first lvl 50 in like around 9 days or so and then I was like, "Ok, NOW I have a lot more to do." I decided to rush through to 50 because I actually wanted it to be completed prior to me going back to school...which I totally met my goal.

Yeah, I skipped like most of all the cutscenes with the exception of the class missions...FYI, Sith Warrior story arc is bad ***!

But after I reached 50, I was like, "hmmm, now what do I do?" I will be the first to admit, that racing to 50 isn't a smart move because you bypass alot of what the game is about: story telling.

Do I regret it? Nope. Will I do the same thing again? HELL NO! I burned myself out trying to speed through and try to get it done asap. Luckily, I had a lot of other things to work on after I hit 50, including helping other guildies out with missions, working on my skills (max lvl all the way); and of course just to hang out till the rest of my guild gets max lvl.

All, I know is is that I would NEVER bit** about there not being anything to do at max level because I know fully well I had to choice to either rush through it or not.

Just my 2 cents.

Note: The server that I am on is all maxed out as well, all 8 slots filled, all the same faction and every class covered. I couldn't be happier. Hopefully they'll allow us to purchase more slots for the server we are on. I kind of messed up with wanting a male toon for the romancing Vette. Oh well, here's hoping

Edited by GraingerX

I have been taking my time, exploring, taking hundreads of screenshots, doing every side quest I can find, etc., and my character is level 41. I got into the very first day of early access. I only play on weekends (aside from the early access, which I took a day or two off for) and even then it is for a few hours a night. The levelling goes very fast in this game, there is not really anything you can do about it even if you are just casually grinding.

I am having a ton of fun though. I am in no way in a hurry to get to level 50. By the time next weekend rolls around it will have been what, a month?... since my first day of early access. A month to get to level 41 is pretty decent. I imagine I will be level 50 by the end of the month. This is alot slower then other MMOs that I have played (LOTRO, SWG).

No complaints here! Obviously the option to get to level 50 in a week or so is there for those who do not like the story and just want to focus on end game. The only way I see being viable to have a "slow" grind to 50 is only to play for an hour or two, two days a week.

I'm doing something similar to this... except for the alderaan bonus series it bugged out on me... I've been here since hour one of TOR, I've found the datacrons on all planets from tython and ord to alderaan, I've done possibly all quests from tythom(and one heroic on ord) to Alderaan which i left because most of the bonus series bugged out on me. I've only reached Balmorra yesterday, and I'm level 41 have found 2 datacrons so far.

I play the way I want to play - enjoy the world and story. I don't feel it necessary to powerlevel to cap in 1 week. The only reason I have seen this needed is on PVP server to avoid being ganked - which is why I play on a PVE server.

I'm only playing 3 hours a night (7pm-10.30pm typically), and have a life also, work, sport, family. I am looking forward to getting my Jedi Guardian to Cap only so I can start a new character and immerse myself into a new story ;)

I have been playing since day one of early access, on my main which just hit level 31 last night I have 5 days of play time. That is an average of 6 hours a day playing the game. I am probably an average leveler, slower than some and faster than others. I feel it is about the same pace I was leveling in Everquest 2 if not just a tad bit faster.

I am not one of those that feels like everything needs to be done efficiently though. For instance yesterday I spent a good 2 hours just crafting, not crafting while questing.

The term "Spacebar Warrior" is already being used for these guys...

It's their game.. If they want to hyperdrive to level 50, let em.

True, but on the other hand, it's always going to be a problem for BW when people get bored of the game relatively quickly.

If you play the game slowly, the storylines are themselves pretty good timesinks (actually listening to the quest dialogue is itself a clever timesink). If you level a few alts, that's going to multiply.

I don't konw whether BW have done calculations that show the timesinkeyness of this as being equivalent to the timesinkeyness of more of the usual hamster-wheel stuff that's missing from SWTOR, but hopefully they have, and decided the trade-off is worth it.

But the trade-off is only going to be worth it for folks who AREN'T habituated to hitting the spacebar. For them, the game is going to feel a bit shorter than a game that has a larger number of text-based quests.

It's really a trade-off, and while I (and obviously many others) do like the trade-off, it's clear that some don't.