Seeing equal amounts of Nerf threads for each and every class means...

TheFishes

THAT THE GAME IS BALANCED!!!

Seriously, people... Just because you got rolled by on specific op/sorc/mara/merc on your server doesn't mean that the general consensus is the same everywhere... Most servers already have 1 or 2 really stand out 50's in PvP gear that are plowing through everyone they face...

And if you aren't yet 50, there's no reason you should be weighing in on class balance... Not because "oh, L2level newb, u suk!" but rather because you can't gauge the class balance of a game until you see it played where all the classes being compared have ALL their abilities and ALL their skill points spent...

Please, Stop the insanity... Nothing needs nerfed, because nothing in imbalanced...

And as a side note, Dear video posters...

You got rolled by someone who has far more expertise gear than you do... youtube deserves better!!!

Emperor Punjab

The sensemaker

Except there is not an equal amount of nerf threads for every single class. I will grant that the high number of classes being called for nerfs is actually a good sign for balance. However, I have yet to see many (any?) complaints about Vanguards, Snipers, or Guardians (or their mirrors).

Though it might seem that the right way to go in this case would be to look at the fewer classes not being complained about rather than the many that are.

THAT THE GAME IS BALANCED!!!

Seriously, people... Just because you got rolled by on specific op/sorc/mara/merc on your server doesn't mean that the general consensus is the same everywhere... Most servers already have 1 or 2 really stand out 50's in PvP gear that are plowing through everyone they face...

And if you aren't yet 50, there's no reason you should be weighing in on class balance... Not because "oh, L2level newb, u suk!" but rather because you can't gauge the class balance of a game until you see it played where all the classes being compared have ALL their abilities and ALL their skill points spent...

Please, Stop the insanity... Nothing needs nerfed, because nothing in imbalanced...

And as a side note, Dear video posters...

You got rolled by someone who has far more expertise gear than you do... youtube deserves better!!!

Emperor Punjab

The sensemaker

I started a post about this last week. Got no responses to it......I AGREE with you!

Agreed, IMO the classes in the game are relatively balanced. There are a couple skills that I've come across that could stand to have the damage reduced a bit, but overall every class has a weakness and there's not one dominant class.

If you think otherwise, maybe you should learn your class better.

Equal amount? Pretty much 95% of the threads are abou Sorcs and OPs. As they should be.

QFT. The others I see relate to the UP nature of other classes. this introduces an interesting dynamic: BW needs to decide whether to buff UP classes to the level of the OP classes or nerf the OP classes to the rest of the field. seems the latter is more likely due to less work.

I have not seen any serious nerf threads about Sentinels/Marauders, or Powertech/Vanguard.

The only nerf thread I've seen about Juggernauts pertains to their ability as ball carriers in Huttball, but let's face it: All tanks are great ball carriers. However, the best ball carriers are Inquisitors/Consulars because they get their little sprint and their CCs.

I have not seen any serious nerf threads about Sentinels/Marauders, or Powertech/Vanguard.

The only nerf thread I've seen about Juggernauts pertains to their ability as ball carriers in Huttball, but let's face it: All tanks are great ball carriers. However, the best ball carriers are Inquisitors/Consulars because they get their little sprint and their CCs.

I've been smoked by some powertechs, they are DEFINITELY fine with gear. Sorcs are a bit strong, maybe tone down the lightning so it has a travel time like sages. Ops just make people rage because let's face it getting ganked by a stealth class is frustrating, next time don't wander away from the group if you can't beat one.

I've been smoked by some powertechs, they are DEFINITELY fine with gear. Sorcs are a bit strong, maybe tone down the lightning so it has a travel time like sages. Ops just make people rage because let's face it getting ganked by a stealth class is frustrating, next time don't wander away from the group if you can't beat one.

My biggest gripe with Sorcs is simply how much sturdier they are than my Marauder or even my Mercenary.

That blasted shield of theirs, combined with their CC and escape abilities, make Sorcs the most frustrating class to try and bring down.

I play a tank powertech, and I honestly have no issues in pvp. I don't get the 2.5k hits, but I do solid sustained and aoe, and take a lot to die. Plus, grappling people into acid pools then stunning them in it is a good way to giggle in Huttball. You'd be hard pressed to not see me with 6+ medals a game, and in the top 3 for damage overall, plus a solid amount of protection. Do I think I'm OP? Eh, not really. Perhaps I haven't played against enough 50's to really know the full ins-and-outs of the pvp for this game, but I haven't seen any real "issues" with fighting other classes. But then again, I'm a tank...I should take less damage.

Equal amount? Pretty much 95% of the threads are abou Sorcs and OPs. As they should be.

What an odd thing, that when paper is the most popular class and therefore most both played and encountered by most, most complaints are about both them and their counters. Surely no one could have foreseen such a complex causality.

I'm reminded of a quote..

Meeting a friend in the corridor, Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951) said: "Tell me, why do people always say that it was natural for men to assume that the sun went around the earth rather than the earth was rotating?"

His friend said: "Well, obviously, because it just looks as if the sun is going around the earth."

To which the philosopher replied: "Well, what would it look like if it had looked as if the earth were rotating?"

So one must wonder, what would it look like on these forums if it looked as if classes were balanced and sorcs/sages were just the most popular class?

So one must wonder, what would it look like on these forums if it looked as if classes were balanced and sorcs/sages were just the most popular class?

If they were the most popular class but balanced, more bad players would be playing them, and less players would be playing all the other classes, resulting in a decrease of complaints.

Edited by EternalFinality

speaking of ops...what is that move that are using they knocks me down and continues to destroy me, its like 4x 4000 damage...that move is crazy

It's called.

"I don't know how to pop a defensive cooldown to survive the initial attack"

Seriously, I play an Assassin, one of the squishier classes and yes Ops catch me off guard some times and destroy me but most of the time if they knock me down, I pop Force Shroud while getting up and immediately turn on them and destroy them.

Edited by Rehsals