Class Balances. Only reply if you are 50 and atleast 450 expertise.

hieroo

It's been an agreement with most of my server that assassins/shadows are a bit on the weak side. It's hard to justify forcing us to use our tank tree and play as a tanky disruptor, and not give us the option to play an actual assassin (since they have no initial burst and sub-par sustained).

This is so misinforming that I almost cried irl, shadows have huge burst, either you lack the gear or you have the wrong spec, I can kill any class within 5 seconds with my 2 min cds.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how can u say pvp is balanced, classes sure, maybe one or to mildly op with biochem but 50s in low lvl warzones doest scream balanced or fair not to mention the fact there is no skill required in a lvl 50 full pimped out with pvp gear in taking down others. while i can get hit quite easily in pvp wot u expect everyone hitting you with marbles?. pvp ull die, no two ways about it, sure ul get big hits now and again i got crited for 9k from a lightning spec sorc but big deal it happens in pvp.

if u ddont like the big hits from other classes role one, if u dont wanna roll that class dont complain, every class has its strenghts and weaknesses in pve and pvp. u cant have tanks hitting like dps's u cant have dps taking gamage like a tank or tanks healing like a healer. they all have there strenghts and in pvp u have to play the role u want, otherwise with nerf u gonna have tanks top of the damage and so on.

will it would be nice for some classes to have a very minor nerf on some skills but alot of people forget the potions u can get from the pvp vendor jsut inside the start to increase expertise for 15 secs or healing medpacks stims and wot not. people just have to accept some classes are better than others at there roles and thats not a design flaw its the ksill of the player behind the keyboard and mouse

Am I the only sniPer replying here? 52 valor.

Without my biochem I suck. Mediocre dps, mediocre medals. Mainly busy running away. But i profit more than other classes from the biochem. With those cooldowns up, and general awareness i usually manage to get away from ops and assasins.

And all those who complain about ops have no tactical and general awareness. If your trinket is on cd and you get caught away from your friends you made a mistake and deserve to die.

Best balance i have seen so far.

What seems a bit strong are some duos. Like an assasin bh healer duo. But we may need additional time to figure out how to handle duos or even trios. The community is still busy working on 1v1

Edited by beyou

Not really. After shield is down and aoe push goes on cooldown they take a lot of damage and have to heal and their only instant cast is not that strong so they have to pull off a cast which can be interrupted.

Umm, you do realize that you yourself pointed out what most people complain about... you play the only class that can nearly always escape certain death with little effort, nearly.

My only complaint balancing wise aside from mistakes on cooldowns (agent verses smuggler 30 second disparity on mez cooldowns, instant stun verses self root stun, etc) which I suspect are simply that, MISTAKES that will be rectified, is that the sorc purple lightning (force lightning) ignores LOS rules that all other classes have to adhere too... including their mirror the sage with the tele push or rock swarm (not sure which is the mirror but both can be LOS'd).

Oh, and for those melee saying that all ranged are OP or whatever, I have to say this is really a case of L2P, I get tore up if a melee can get on me and stay on me (which good ones can). I prefer you all leave me alone to damage you from afar though! :cool:

So if you are melee.... listen close.... /waves hand.... these aren't the snipers you are looking for....

Edited by Kazzuk

Almost in the fact of the operative, I do not mind getting back stabbed for 4-5k or even getting stunned after it. QUOTE]

I fully agree I have been jumped by these guys even if there fully gear they do not 3 shot my BH. I think the issuse with ops is they shred people who are under gear.

Once you get some exp they are not that bad.

Maybe gunslingers and scoundrels its really hard to tell until you find a quality player to represent it and test. I dont know what your talking about snipers in my guild are dropping 100k+ more dps than others but they need to cuz they are easy to kill and line of sight.

That scares the hell out of me.

I'll just leave it at that.

Almost in the fact of the operative, I do not mind getting back stabbed for 4-5k or even getting stunned after it. QUOTE]

I fully agree I have been jumped by these guys even if there fully gear they do not 3 shot my BH. I think the issuse with ops is they shred people who are under gear.

Once you get some exp they are not that bad.

You need to help a brother out then. People are trying to crucify operatives because they don't understand this fact.

Fact is, gear matters. My only concern is how they perform in full expertise gear.

I'd like to hear some feedback from those concealment specs.

How balanced is it for them, if they are fully geared?

Perhaps they do need a boost at level 50 then or something.

Edited by Ahebish

Valor 55 here. Full Centurion/champ gear. From what I have seen there are two factors. The first is gear, the second is whether you took Biochem. If you are geared and biochem, you win. Class matters little.

For those wondering why expertise matters vs Ops if it is only 10% damage reduction, you have to remember that expertise gear has a ton more endurance on it than your quest greens and blues. If you go walking into a huttball with 11K buffed XP, you are going to think everyone is overpowered. My personal baseline for someone who is actually there as a participant and not just there to get farmed is 15k health buffed. A single 6k crit doesn't matter much to someone with 16k health... especially when you know the opponent just blew what they had and can easily be dot kited after that.