Make a few of the def cooldowns, passive.

MBirkhofer

Several sentinel cooldowns represent the illusion of choice.

Force camo is a choice. do I use it to engage? Do I use it to ambush? Do I use it to run away? etc.

Guarded by the force is not. It is a short cd move. and I will want to use it at 20% every single time I am at 20%. All you are doing is making me hit another button. one that currently frequently fails to even activate. which is incredibly annoying.

Make it passive. Remove the hp burn. Have it a toggle, and it automatically activates at 20%. Fixed. one more button I dont need to hit. And it never fails to activate when I want it to. (keep the cd's as is, as well as set bonus/focus talent bonus)

Rebuke. Basically the same issue. There is no situation where, I don't want rebuke active as I engage. So why again, am I having to hit this button?

Now, the question is, are we balanced on the assumption of 100% uptime in combat? we seem to be. or do we need to make it fade in power, when its 100% uptime passive.

Frankly, I would argue, let us have it all the time. but, if we don't want that, a suggestion for passive, but not 100% uptime. Make it a passive toggle. Same base effect. Instead of 6s duraction. it has 10 charges. 1 charge gives 3s of its effect. Taking damage burns a charge. 5s of not taking damage, generates a 5 charges.

Another tedious/macro button removed. Same in combat effect. lasts 30s of taking damage, while out of combat, it passively regens. This would synergize with force camo, awe very nicely.

Transcendence.

Focus spec trans. 100% up time. Again, please let me toggle this... Or rework it so, this talent gives =100/200% duraction or something instead. This one is more difficult. The spamming trans every 10s for a focus spec atm is absurd however. and needs to change right quick. having it toggle and auto trans, letting me turn it off when I want to zen or inspiration would probably be easiest. But a real design change might be in order too.

Design change on centering, zen/trans. The obvious issue here is why centering works the way it does. it was a late addition, and things like the 100% uptime on trans, clearly wasnt quite thought out. Arguably, 100% crit watchman burns as well.

using or not using centering should be more of a choice. Just like combat support cells for commandos. Centering should have a passive effect to each form. While consuming the charge, has the massive buff.

Examples would be. Shii-cho centering. +.5% move speed per charge., Ataru centering. +1% off hand acc per charge. Juyo centering +.5% healing per charge.

Edited by MBirkhofer

We just need to be able to macro keys to multiple skills depending on situations. I'd love to be able to make a button that outside 10 I Force Leap and inside 10 I Saber Throw. A button where if I'm stunned I can break out but if not it performs the Force Kick.

Once we get macros we can start to tie buttons and skills together to make us more streamlined based on our combat preferences.

We just need to be able to macro keys to multiple skills depending on situations. I'd love to be able to make a button that outside 10 I Force Leap and inside 10 I Saber Throw. A button where if I'm stunned I can break out but if not it performs the Force Kick.

Once we get macros we can start to tie buttons and skills together to make us more streamlined based on our combat preferences.

the thing is though, macros just treat the symptom. They are a bandaid on the problem. which is pointless skills/buttons. Things that never should have existed in the design phase.

If you are macroing rebuke to activate on leap and zstrike.. well, why isn't rebuke automatically activated already? folded into another skill innately.

I like that they're not passive.

I would also like macros, but for different reasons.

I would prefer that there was no ability delay and abilities happened when they were clicked, which would solve my complaint in this regard.

Yeah it's something that get's used when you're at a certain health percentage every time it's off cooldown, however, it helps differentiate the good sents from the bad ones. :p

Guarded by the force is not. It is a short cd move. and I will want to use it at 20% every single time I am at 20%. All you are doing is making me hit another button. one that currently frequently fails to even activate. which is incredibly annoying.

Disagree. I use it while running through a fire trap at 80% health. Or, I use Force Camo at 20% health and then GBTF afterwards at a separate time.

Or, I use it when I know I am being pulled into the acid trap then chain CC'd, even at 80% hp or w/e.

Rebuke. Basically the same issue. There is no situation where, I don't want rebuke active as I engage. So why again, am I having to hit this button?

Disagree emphatically on this one. I use Rebuke when I engage maybe half the time or less. You need to l2 blindside your opponents, or abuse their "aggro table" if you are getting attacked at the start of every engagement.

Centering: Wouldn't mind a re-design of it one way or another. Shrug. However, I would prefer to see how BioWare addresses changes for other classes before supporting a change or not-change to any Marauder abilities. BioWare could easily be as retarded as Trion when it comes to class balance and tweaks, or they could be as good as Cryptic.

Edit:

The real issue here is the ****** UI and/or client-server lag where the [instant, off-gcd] abilities do not actually fire when you press them. Bad game basics is bad.

Edited by EasymodeX

the thing is though, macros just treat the symptom. They are a bandaid on the problem. which is pointless skills/buttons. Things that never should have existed in the design phase.

If you are macroing rebuke to activate on leap and zstrike.. well, why isn't rebuke automatically activated already? folded into another skill innately.

First: you can't have Rebuke activate on the same button press that would activate Leap or Strike (Edit: actually depending on how their fix for the GCD works that might be possible, but right now no). Second: I'm not interested in making it so my cooldowns pop passively - part of a skill development is knowing when to activate important abilities - but there are a limited number of buttons my fingers reach and spaces on my hotbar which necessitates macro linking. Sure lots of skills are nice, especially when they do different things in different places (like Throw vs Leap) but they can't all be setup to individual key presses - hence the need for a macro system to tie buttons and skills together depending on situations.

Having things you want to activate activate themselves is not only a bad way of playing because it lowers your skill level, but automatic activation will also prevent you from using the ability when you need it. Having your cooldowns or Centering used up automatically on a basic mob before a boss is dumb. I save Centering stacks for dire needs and I hardly ever use Rebuke or Saber Ward unless taking down something I know can kill me.

Suit the ability to the situation, but let the situation dictate which ability is used. There lies the skill and masterful execution of a class.

We just need a detailed macro system to fully engage it.

Edited by Jerig

Two thoughts from my perspective as a Combat Sent.

1> Skill latency in firing...UGH...terrible needs to be fixed. Not just for defensive skills.

(Btw, does anyone get that weird hitching where you pull back your sabers to hit them with Blade Storm or Blade rush and it doesn't actually fire, it just pulls back and hangs?-- At first I thought it was when I was doubletapping the skill, but I'm still seeing it happen alot. I just want the skill to fire when I push the button, isn't that a reasonable request?)

2> Defensive skills and the GCD. Ugh UGH! Sometimes I feel like I spend more time clicking defensive buffs that last for seconds rather than actually dealing damage, PvE and PvP side. It's SO aggrivating to see my face melt to a non-dps class because I didn't take the first 3 seconds of the fight to activate defensive abilities. Note: This also interferes with our ability to build focus AND interrupt effectively. MUCH of a fight can be bogged down with these defensive skills, and interrupts, which makes doing our REAL job, dps, difficult. Good players know this and can really force us into a turtle like state where we do NOT shine.

Not to mention the delay in animation kills it.... has happened to me alot b4... I tried to Blade storm guys that are just in front of me.. while I'm in combat trance, happily thinking, Blade storm now to critc him *happy*... then slowly see my left lightsaber lift arm up........ pop he force leap into somebody else like way away from me.... *not in range* *not in range* *not in range* *not in range* !!!! :mad: And I stand there stranded waiting for my force leap to be cooldown-ed, and crippling throw is not in distance Edited by pangwl

Not to mention the delay in animation kills it.... has happened to me alot b4... I tried to Blade storm guys that are just in front of me.. while I'm in combat trance, happily thinking, Blade storm now to critc him *happy*... then slowly see my left lightsaber lift arm up........ pop he force leap into somebody else like way away from me.... *not in range* *not in range* *not in range* *not in range* !!!! :mad: And I stand there stranded waiting for my force leap to be cooldown-ed, and crippling throw is not in distance

Absolutely, frustrating but at least with a reason. The not firing I'm seeing is within range.

I don't 100% agree with the OP but let's try to be constructive here.

This class/spec has a bloat problem. I would like to see a reduction by 2 or 3 abilities to reduce the bloat/excess of the mass amount of abilities we have.

I think there is a possibility of making SOMETHING passive but always leave the toggle option.

Several sentinel cooldowns represent the illusion of choice.

Make it passive. Remove the hp burn. Have it a toggle, and it automatically activates at 20%. Fixed. one more button I dont need to hit. And it never fails to activate when I want it to. (keep the cd's as is, as well as set bonus/focus talent bonus)

While I tend to agree we have an inordinate amount of buttons to press compared to tracer missile spam, I like having the granularity to activate this on demand. I use this almost every huttball match to either carry the ball through a wall of fire that just came up (trapping pursuers on the other side and making them rage about me walking through fire) or at the last few steps to the goal line. Even if I'm at full health, I'll still hit Guarded a few steps out just to make sure I don't get insta-gibbed by an agent.

Instead of dumbing down the class, I would love to see our efforts rewarded that much more than the herp-derp-spam-lighning classes. A well played Sentinel should be untouchable in terms of DPS. As it stands now, we put out 5 times the effort just to stay competitive.

You've really hit it. It's that with incredible micromanagement we can compete (except vs the operative, which needs a nerf). It should be that with the kind of micromanagement the class demands we shine.

There needs to be a serious streamlining in abilities (the MS debuff needs to be rolled into force scream or deadly saber depending on spec).

Every spec needs a 15 percent movement speed buff. This is absolutely essential since other melee dps classes all get it - if they didn't get it we wouldn't need it, but with the lag and with all the CC it is a must.

Cloak of Pain needs to be able to have a 100 percent uptime since we are definitely balanced around it being active - with this uptime should come a tradeoff in DPS, obviously.

Every class needs to generate fury and rage at the level of annihilation. Currently, annihilation is the only spec that isn't terribly rage starved and that is an extremely frustrating way to play.

Obliterate needs to be made baseline and it needs to be 15-20 yards. With all the kbs, roots, snares, and stuns in this game, there is no reason we don't have a pounce-like ability (especially since there is no minimum range requirement for classes, some can't even be charged, and some wear better armor and can just tank you while they spam DPS in your face).

While I tend to agree we have an inordinate amount of buttons to press compared to tracer missile spam, I like having the granularity to activate this on demand. I use this almost every huttball match to either carry the ball through a wall of fire that just came up (trapping pursuers on the other side and making them rage about me walking through fire) or at the last few steps to the goal line. Even if I'm at full health, I'll still hit Guarded a few steps out just to make sure I don't get insta-gibbed by an agent.

Instead of dumbing down the class, I would love to see our efforts rewarded that much more than the herp-derp-spam-lighning classes. A well played Sentinel should be untouchable in terms of DPS. As it stands now, we put out 5 times the effort just to stay competitive.

It is rather embarassing to do so little damage when you have twice as many lightsabers as a Guardian, Sage or Shadow.

Still, for me the main limiting factor is my extreme suckage and general laziness.

why couldnt rebuke be made a 15 min group buff at half the value it is now? why couldnt Zen be part of Juyo form and work like the combat form does? hell make it a proc that has a chance to return 10% health off a Crit hit.

Zealous strike should of been a sentinal upgrade to strike imo w/ a slight damage increase but the same focus build and no GCD.

No dumb down. Just satisfaction.

BUFF OUR DANG OFFHAND SABER. It damage is crap. It makes no sense for a class with an offhand gear being focus, sheild generator or stealth. to do just as much if not more damage than a class utilizing two weapons to deal out DPS. Its like they purposly cut down the damage so other classes to be viable as us in hat degree. When really it kills us cuz thats the only thing we can do. Even hybrids. We can only deal damage. The stat in our offhand weapon can even exceed or mainhand and guess what Mian hand still does more damage easily. Its a big gimp in my eyes.

Give us another gap closer. Long range classes should have two of them while we have one. Give us force pull back.

Longer Force Camo. It would make it easier to not be seen till we get into range and set our selves up for success. Also cut down our CD times for breakers. We have to stay skillful and mobile.

Passive activation of abilities like guarded by the force is not a good idea. Guarded by The force is one of the most powerful abilities in the game in terms of its utility and protection offered. By having it passively activate it completely negates it as a strategic tool and would end up always being on CD when a strategic situation arises or would end up being wasted.

Making Rebuke passive with 100% uptime like you suggest would be absurdly OP. If it was 100% uptime I would argue the Damage reduction should be reduced to 5% to keep things balanced and fair.

Transcendance is one of the most powerful group utility abilities in the game and you want to make it 100% uptime? If anything I think they should give it a 15-30 second CD

All of these abilities are designed quite well and should not be touched. Making these abilities passive would make the Sentinel the most OP class in the game

I would love to have some macro's but this is something that I hope they never allow. This reduces the games complexity and gives an unfair advantage to people who do not understand how to create complex macros.

I would love to have some macro's but this is something that I hope they never allow. This reduces the games complexity and gives an unfair advantage to people who do not understand how to create complex macros.

Not at all - to both points.

Reduced Complexity Due to Macros: Complexity is generated by having situations where unique events are dealt with unique interventions. Force Kick is an intervention toward someone setting up an ability. Resolute is an intervention toward you being stunned. I have both on my hotbar but one is tied to a keystroke and the other I have to activate with a mouse click. If I wanted to I could use both with the mouse and spend less time looking at the events unfolding on the battlefield. I want to be able to watch the screen more so a macro making both available on a single key press the result of which is dictated by my status doesn't reduce the complexity because I still have these abilities that need to be used - ease of use is all that has changed. If you want to claim that 'ease of use' reduces complexity then I would counter with the suggestion that you remove all abilities from your hotbar and play using the abilities menu because that would be as far from 'ease of use' you could get. If you would say that making the same button do two things is removing the uniqueness of the intervention then I would counter by saying you should make it so when you want to click with the mouse on a button you have to use a different mouse button for each spot because that would ensure a unique element for every one of your abilities. Reducing the number of abilities we have would reduce complexity - not making the use of those abilities streamlined.

Unfair Advantage Due to Lack of Understanding Complex Macros: Advantage over another player due to macros could only be accomplished by allowing those macros to achieve something the other player could not. I use Force Leap to enter combat and when in combat I use Saber Throw because I'm too close to my foe. I have both on my hotbar but one is tied to a keystroke and the other I have to activate with a mouse click. If I wanted to I could use both with the mouse but that again means I'd spend less time watching the screen. When I write a macro that makes these abilities available on a single stroke of the key I'm not engaging in anything the other can't already do. In fact when multiple people design these sorts of macros and they are posted online they are refined and fixed and available to all. If you would say that despite the fact they are available to all using them against people who don't use them is still unfair then we've entered into argument ad absurdum because unless you're fighting your own class you will be fighting against people who have things you do not and your point about macros becomes moot.

Now where is my macro system?