Bioware, you lost touch.

lcizzle

LMAO, I don't think you get the point. IF the roll out was in a random order people would be less upset. Fact is no-one EVER told people it would be a first come first serve for early access based on preorders. In fact BW MUST have known this was their plan weeks ago but didn't let anyone know. So people were pre-ordering this month with no clue they were going to get less for the same money than people who had already preordered.

Wrong. That the access was related to how early you registered the code (no when you preordered) was well known even before the preorder started, that's why so many people preordered on the 21st of July or just a little after

The fact that people don't read properly is another problem....

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pvp gear gives only around 10-15% in pvp stats, but they also get 50% more hp and way more damage just from gear than a fresh 50.

Yep, in one of Taugrim's streams he was level 16 and went against an IA who was 50. He barely dented him even though the IA was at like 10% left.

Maybe they did the MMO community a great service with this.... perhaps we should learn to have fun in a game and to be competitive in real life and not mix-up those two. Or be mad about a game, depends what an individual prefers.

All these first this, first that, competitive in this and that etc.... seem to me like a sick WoW mentality. Thank you Bioware for making competitiveness and all those world-firsts completely irrelevant. I love you.

Hint: SWTOR is a story-driven game.

Well.... I am not in yet, but waiting is not a big deal. "My names" were almost always taken... which helped me to come up with much better names instead.

The only thing I think is silly is the fact that most servers right now have hardly anyone on them yet Millions of people are waiting to play. I wont cancel if I dont get in today or tomorrow or whenever they let me in. But again I think its dumb to have so many servers with a *light* population and so many others wanting to play.

We will get in when we do. Till then go about life and do what you would be doing any other day. :D

Wrong. That the access was related to how early you registered the code (no when you preordered) was well known even before the preorder started, that's why so many people preordered on the 21st of July or just a little after

The fact that people don't read properly is another problem....

So, if you went to a shop's website and preordered the game it told you that early game access would be first come first serve? Oh wait, no it didn't.

Before you say "well people should have checked the forums/FAQs/BW website/Whatever", it's stupuid to expect people to have to go digging around like that to find out what they are buying. You seriously wouldn't get away with it with anything else, ever.

No offense to you Bioware, you have a good game and all but you lost touch already. You have no idea what an MMO is. 90% of what an MMO is you are killing just so you can have a few days of easy work.

1. The race to first. You killed this for everyone except a select few and to some people this is all the game is to them. They race to max level and then they quit.

2. What happens during early access when something breaks? You stop inviting people to fix it and then a few days later you gotta burst in tons of people and it breaks again or take the chance that a group of people that pre-ordered don't get to play early? If at any point something breaks and someone doesn't get to play early. They will walk and go play something else. You know this right? Not sure why you would risk years of work and millions and millions of dollars for a few days of hectic work. Some of us are coming from WoW to play this. Everyone is already clueless and thinks this is a WoW clone. We didn't get in the initial day so we are playing WoW and waiting. At some point they will stop waiting or think "its just a WoW clone anyway, might as well just play WoW". The initial opening days, the mad rush of people. This kind of thing makes an MMO for some people. But Bioware wants a few days of easy work instead of letting people play the game.

3. PVP headstart. You are giving a select group a massive PVP headstart. It will be so fun starting the game vs people at max level with PVP gear. Sure PVP gear gives only 10%-15% bonus but that's massive when people don't know how to play the game.

4. PVE Race. Same as the above. It's not much of a race when some people are crossing the finish lane just as others start.

4. PVP Warzone exploit. Never would have happened if you didn't under sell the early game access just so you could have a few days of easy work. Your servers will break regardless of pampering the servers in the first few days. So just let the people play and stop being a bunch of scruffy nerf herders. You are so worried about having a few days of less work and problems that you forgot what makes an MMO an MMO.

5. The lifeless world. All the game streams are making your game look like crap right now. "Where are all the players, is this game dead already?". With the population the way it is right now we rarely see other players running by. It makes it look like no one is playing and your game flopped already. Why? Just so you can have a few days of easy work? Let me clue you into something, "YOUR **** WILL BREAK NO MATTER WHAT!!!" you can invite everyone 1 x 1 every day and still "YOUR **** WILL BREAK". It's just how it goes.

If I were you, I would try to get everyone 5 days minimum. I think you are too worried about "lets have the best launch ever!!!". What does this get you? a successful launch to you is a failure to many. If any group gets less than 5 days they will feel robbed. You're launching an MMO we aren't. You need to cater to us. If this was pre-wow people would put up with stuff like this easily. In a post-wow world you get one try and people leave and right now you aren't making a good first impression.

-"Hey bro, did you get to play SWTOR this week? I heard it was the best launch ever."

-"Nah, I didn't get in."

-"You pre-ordered right"

-"Yeah, but they had some invite system and I didn't get to play early"

-"Wow **** that i'm not buying that ****, lets play some WoW BGs"

-"Yeah, it's just a WoW clone anyway, so might as well play WoW"

1. The game isn't a race. Its like they invented a game of golf and you are seeing how quickly you can play a round. If this makes people realize how they are supposed to play and enjoy the game best then this is a benefit not a fault.

2. They let people in slowly to prevent something breaking. Launch is an exceptional situation. By releasing in waves they eliminate some of the problems. I can't see how something going wrong is better or worse by a phased release.

3. True. A valid point at last, but I suspect that PvP wasn't their priority. In any case, I think being the gankee instead of the ganker for once might make you realize why nobody likes you very much. Perhaps you should man up and try and level the way the rest of us do.

4. I couldn't decipher the logic in this point. I don't see how they would have discovered the bug sooner.

5. Only true if you are a high levl already and not playing the game as it is intended to be played (see point 1). The game is instanced and most worlds have multiple instances of the starter zones running. I'm not sure one day of lifelessness is going to make somebody's opinion. Better a bit of lifelessness than endless spawn camping.

Having read the plan, the intent seems to be, barring any unforseen mishaps, to get everyone in before the week-end; so 4+ days for everyone. My view will change radically if I cant get on my chosen server because it is full up, but that eventuality aside, I am OK with how this has been handled.

This game is fairly different to WoW. At this point they are more like WoW vanilla and will have an opportiunity to develop th game differently to WoW from here on. If they can avoid some of the mistakes WoW has made, they stand a chance of keeping the MMO veterans that have mostly left that game.

On the whole, while I understand your impatience in not getting started (I share that), I think you are really struggling to find a legitimate reason for your angst.

Edited by SwiftyA

So, if you went to a shop's website and preordered the game it told you that early game access would be first come first serve? Oh wait, no it didn't.

Before you say "well people should have checked the forums/FAQs/BW website/Whatever", it's stupuid to expect people to have to go digging around like that to find out what they are buying. You seriously wouldn't get away with it with anything else, ever.

You are not buying early access. nough said.

1. The game isn't a race. Its like they invented a game of golf and you are seeing how quickly you can play a round. If this makes people realize how they are supposed to play and enjoy the game best then this is a benefit not a fault.

My thoughts exactly. If this help people get rid of the idea of competition about who did what earlier in a game, the better.

You are not buying early access. nough said.

So what were you buying for a fiver? It wasn't a deposit because it's apparently non-refundable if you use the early access code.... so that would make it you paying for the pre-order code and recieving a voucher for money off the boxed game as a seperate purchase. So what HAVE people paid for, exaclty?

For BW this is an MMO, their MMO. What 'counts' elsewhere is largely irrelevant here. :cool:

Let me tell you why your logic is completely flawed. As with most games, promotion mainly comes from the fanbase saying how awesome this game is. No denying, it's true. *******s marketing campaign, but the best game ever? People will play because they HEARD it was great.

Now, you have 2 camps. 1 says its *********** great and cozy in game, and the second camp (which is almost 90% rofl) is complaining.

Dont you think that's bad marketing, in all honesty?

I'll play! Why on earth would they care about people who won't sub long term? If they buy the box, play to 50 and then quit EA/Bioware doesn't realize any significant profit from them so why should they cater to them?

But...this hasn't happened. So...er...yeah.

Yeah, this seems to be a legitimate complaint. However, it will all be worked out in a few weeks when more folks hit 50 and are geared. So, it will be a hassle for a short term.

So again, if people are RACING to the endgame, those folks are likely not long term subscribers... your logic is deeply flawed.

Well again, this makes no sense. The exploit still would have happened because not everyone PvPs. It just would have happened less frequently and perhaps on fewer servers.

I dunno, I guess I would expect it to look a little sparse at first. I could counter by saying that if the game looked crowded and laggy, I wouldn't play until things calmed down and were less crowded. This is a matter of opinion...so...yeah.

Sure, this might happen with some folks. However, there are plenty of quite vocal people here who despise WoW with a passion (a whole other issue really) so this is kind of speculative thinking that might apply to some, but will certainly not apply to others.

How did I do? Do I get a cookie!? :D

/cookie

No offense to you Bioware, you have a good game and all but you lost touch already. You have no idea what an MMO is. 90% of what an MMO is you are killing just so you can have a few days of easy work.

1. The race to first. You killed this for everyone except a select few and to some people this is all the game is to them. They race to max level and then they quit.

2. What happens during early access when something breaks? You stop inviting people to fix it and then a few days later you gotta burst in tons of people and it breaks again or take the chance that a group of people that pre-ordered don't get to play early? If at any point something breaks and someone doesn't get to play early. They will walk and go play something else. You know this right? Not sure why you would risk years of work and millions and millions of dollars for a few days of hectic work. Some of us are coming from WoW to play this. Everyone is already clueless and thinks this is a WoW clone. We didn't get in the initial day so we are playing WoW and waiting. At some point they will stop waiting or think "its just a WoW clone anyway, might as well just play WoW". The initial opening days, the mad rush of people. This kind of thing makes an MMO for some people. But Bioware wants a few days of easy work instead of letting people play the game.

3. PVP headstart. You are giving a select group a massive PVP headstart. It will be so fun starting the game vs people at max level with PVP gear. Sure PVP gear gives only 10%-15% bonus but that's massive when people don't know how to play the game.

4. PVE Race. Same as the above. It's not much of a race when some people are crossing the finish lane just as others start.

4. PVP Warzone exploit. Never would have happened if you didn't under sell the early game access just so you could have a few days of easy work. Your servers will break regardless of pampering the servers in the first few days. So just let the people play and stop being a bunch of scruffy nerf herders. You are so worried about having a few days of less work and problems that you forgot what makes an MMO an MMO.

5. The lifeless world. All the game streams are making your game look like crap right now. "Where are all the players, is this game dead already?". With the population the way it is right now we rarely see other players running by. It makes it look like no one is playing and your game flopped already. Why? Just so you can have a few days of easy work? Let me clue you into something, "YOUR **** WILL BREAK NO MATTER WHAT!!!" you can invite everyone 1 x 1 every day and still "YOUR **** WILL BREAK". It's just how it goes.

If I were you, I would try to get everyone 5 days minimum. I think you are too worried about "lets have the best launch ever!!!". What does this get you? a successful launch to you is a failure to many. If any group gets less than 5 days they will feel robbed. You're launching an MMO we aren't. You need to cater to us. If this was pre-wow people would put up with stuff like this easily. In a post-wow world you get one try and people leave and right now you aren't making a good first impression.

-"Hey bro, did you get to play SWTOR this week? I heard it was the best launch ever."

-"Nah, I didn't get in."

-"You pre-ordered right"

They don't or won't accept how much of a compete failur this launch is, their is a handful of fan boys trying to justify what they are doing, but end of the day its a complete FARSE.

I have bad news for you. There is NO ACHIEVEMENT to race to first......so no one really knows, you are first....

/end thread.

Look, in REAL life, when you want to buy something, you usually read what it is about and that would have brought you to the news about the staggered EGA.

If you want to buy a car, you look up opinions, try teh car etc.

or you just walk to a car dealer and just buy the first you see and like?

That is of course REAL LIFE, something that will bite you in the *** when you grow up if you don't sort out your priorities

Edited by mutharex

These are things you think the majority of players care about? Racing to be first?

You're out of touch.

I don't think that's fair.... a LOT of people in MMOs are interested in how fast they are progressing compared to other people. Never been a big deal to me but i'd say a really significant minority think it's a big deal.

It's a large enough number of people that pretty much all MMOs cater to them in an effort to get them to pay to play their games. Hence all the content that involves mind numbing grinding for hours on end to get a modest upgrade to your toon.

If you were right, and it was hardly anyone and those people's opinions didn't matter then why would all those developers put effort into entertaining those people?

Going a step further, if you were right then why have a bunch of MMOs seen a MASSIVE loss of accounts when they haven't got end game content out fast enough? If only a vocal minority raced through the game and all those majority of people you claim to speak for are merrily wandering through the game slowly but surely then where are all those subs going.........

i agree with the op.

BW is so concerned about a perfect launch that they ruined the "new mmo" feel that you get when you see players zerging everywhere.

To many this launch is a failure, yeah your servers are stabe for now, but everything else is ruined.

IF the roll out was in a random order people would be less upset. Fact is no-one EVER told people it would be a first come first serve for early access based on preorders. In fact BW MUST have known this was their plan weeks ago but didn't let anyone know. So people were pre-ordering this month with no clue they were going to get less for the same money than people who had already preordered.

Totally false. It was stated DAY ONE early access was going to be based on when you entered your code. They didn't come up with the "up to 5 days" part until later, but it was ALWAYS known it was going to be first come, first serve.

-"Nah, I didn't get in."

-"You pre-ordered right"

OP you have to be the biggest *** alive