December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over clocking kills the life of the cpu just fyi, I keep it norm at 3.6 Ghz only dual core black edition AMD Phenom II, 8 gigs of 1600mhz ddr3, 6870 Xfx, 150 gig Sata. I can play all my games on ultra high including the news ones Zero lagg issues also Dec. 8 here yay for tomorrow. "Fingers Crossed".

An "always on" overclock will reduce life if the temps aren't managed well.

However, with speedstep on intel cpus my system idles at 1.6ghz until the extra computations are needed (games) :cool:

Temps are also reducing with each new gen of cpus because they are making them smaller. I believe 24 nm is the next size.

Dude my own very first personal computer was a 486 SX (!) with 4MB of ram, very first game was some Star Wars CD ROM based game that came out in 1993 or 1994. It was an AWESOME game for the time, it was amazing what you could do with 4MB ram, and my system was one of the first generation ones that came with a CD ROM lol!

Good memories.

I think my first pc was a Tandy1000 ex from radio shake..i remember trying to hook up the internet with it..:D

Edited by Insidiuss

Dude my own very first personal computer was a 486 SX (!) with 4MB of ram, very first game was some Star Wars CD ROM based game that came out in 1993 or 1994. It was an AWESOME game for the time, it was amazing what you could do with 4MB ram, and my system was one of the first generation ones that came with a CD ROM lol!

Good memories.

Was that game Rebel Assault or was it perhaps X-Wing or maybe Tie Fighter? I frakking loved Tie Fighter...

As to the system, for me I'll always remember the old 486 as it was my first experience with pulling a computer apart and tinkering. I did get one more premade system afterwards in 1996 when I first ran off to college (a MONSTER of a machine, a Pentium 166) but after that - all my own builds. Thank you old 486 for allowing me to pull you apart and learn "wow, this crap is STURDY and not made of tissue paper as I assumed!"

Decemberist rules and regulations article 456.9876 states any person who is on time for anything related to swtor universe will be promptly put into a week of isolation to ponder the reasons said person was not tardy. (receiving only 1 hot pocket per day of isolation as punishment,with sipee cup of mountain dew to wash it down)

Temps are also reducing with each new gen of cpus because they are making them smaller. I believe 24 nm is the next size.

Intel's next die size is 22 nm :)

Even though I just got my 2600k in May, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Ivy Bridge chips can do in that 22 nm die size. All signs point to beastly.