December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are stress testing the Forums.. since we cant stress test the game servers yet, and we want to set a SWTOR forum pst record before the monitors catch us and make us do a page 2!

Problem is, is they are not stress testing the game. (That happened last month.)

What they are doing is minimizing the bottleneck effect that happens when there a lot of people waiting to enter a limited size space. (Starter zones)

Think of it like a popular new restaurant on opening day. There is hundreds of people waiting to get inside the new restaurant and eat but the building's max occupancy is 64. You gotta wait for those already inside to finish eating and leave before you can get a seat inside. (Like the starter zones)

(But maybe you like standing around with a few hundred other people on the same kill x amount of a specific mobs waiting for respawns.)

Problem is,

Think of it like a popular new restaurant on opening day. There is hundreds of people waiting to get inside the new restaurant and eat but the building's max occupancy is 64. You gotta wait for those already inside to finish eating and leave before you can get a seat inside. (Like the starter zones)

Problem is, everyone has already paid for their meal and people are hungry!

Looks like we have a shot of getting in on friday since they said tomorrow should get up to the last week of nov preorders. Wewt!

I was wondering if there is going to be a decemberist guild in a west cost server mainly in a pvp one? If one isn't designated I wouldn't mind starting one out.

I'd be interested.

Problem is, is they are not stress testing the game. (That happened last month.)

What they are doing is minimizing the bottleneck effect that happens when there a lot of people waiting to enter a limited size space. (Starter zones)

(But maybe you like standing around with a few hundred other people on the same kill x amount of a specific mobs waiting for respawns.)

I know, Ive posted that on the QQ threads a few times... I was just making a joke :D this is the fun thread, and we are *mostly* patiently waiting for our turn at the grinder :)

In all seriousness, I must say that out of all of the threads I have looked over this one seams to be the most mature and "fun". Probably because all the Decemberists such as myself all have lives outside the game world. The only reason you would wait till December to pre-order is either A: You wanted to see how beta testing went and for more info or B: You where to busy with REAL LIFE and forgot to pre-order. I fall into the latter of the two hehe. Quite simply, us Decemberists have experienced real life lessons and due to this, we don't troll and flame like a seriously cross Dug (I'm talking to you July pre-orderers).

A for me.

I didn't even know there was an EGA until a few days ago and I wasn't expecting to start playing before the 27th-29th due to international shipping so getting a couple days early is more then welcome.

Aha! I found the rate button! When you write a reply, in the second 'box' it says "Additional Options". Below that is a 'Rate Thread' button! Every good DecemberCrew and Decemberist should rate us up! Eventually!

Ill do that later...

I still think its pretty lame that tomorrow will only go up to end of November. I mean come on...it's only December 15th now...there's no reason they cant just let the remainder of us in later at night after the first waves in the morning. Edited by bzarra

I still think its pretty lame that tomorrow will only go up to end of November. I mean come on...it's only December 15th now...there's no reason they cant just let the remainder of us in tomorrow night after the first waves in the morning.

The servers are powered by tears. It's safer for the environment.

I still think its pretty lame that tomorrow will only go up to end of November. I mean come on...it's only December 15th now...there's no reason they cant just let the remainder of us in tomorrow night after the first waves in the morning.

No sadness allowed here! We're the DecemberCrew. We're too cool to sigh! We rock like... rock music? I'll think of a better example... later.

So just put your hands up and party till we get in!