Blizzard strikes back!

JediSanta

Blizzard REALLY needs to get D3 out Feb 1. I would snatch that up like it's pure gold and never look back. I really hope they can squeeze it out and save us.

You need another game to "save you"? Might want to go outside and get some sun.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems just as most subs are getting set to expire, this gets leaked http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/07/best-buy-thinks-diablo-3-is-coming-out-on-february-1-2012/

Blizzard getting set to release D3 on Feb 1.

SWTOR is doomed.

This article has been updated to state that Best Buy made the date up. I suggest requesting this post gets removed since it is falsified information.

Says it all http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/03/the-old-republic-drops-30-spots/

Star Wars: The Old Republic drops 30 spots on the UK sales charts

January 3, 2012 | Sebastian HaleyAdd a CommentinShare.

Electronic Arts and BioWare’s long-awaited, big budget Star Wars: The Old Republic has seen an unprecedented drop down the UK sales charts. According to Chart-Track, the licensed massively multiplayer online game plummeted from 10th position all the way to 38th during the week ending on December 31.

The steep decline is not a good sign for the momentous MMO, largely accepted to be one of the most expensive games ever made. Released on December 20, The Old Republic quickly reached one million registered users globally. Leading up to its release, the game was expected to either be the first real threat to Blizzard Entertainment’s monopoly over the MMO space, or a massive failure a la most other titles in the genre, including Sony Online Entertainment’s oft-troubled Star Wars: Galaxies, whose servers were recently taken offline

Seems just as most subs are getting set to expire, this gets leaked http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/07/best-buy-thinks-diablo-3-is-coming-out-on-february-1-2012/

SWTOR is doomed.

as others have said that is incorrect it is not being released then. Probalby won't be released for another year.

I do find it funny how people think this could be real.

Do you really think Blizz wouldn't make a big deal about the release date of one of their prime IPs? No announcement of a collectors edition or a countdown clock?

Blizzard REALLY needs to get D3 out Feb 1. I would snatch that up like it's pure gold and never look back. I really hope they can squeeze it out and save us.

Yeah, yeah, and after a few hours it's all "omg, why do I have to be online ALL THA TIME? My router just reset and now I have lost two hours of progress!!! This game sucks!! I am gonna leave!!" again.

Mark my words.

Electronic Arts and BioWare’s long-awaited, big budget Star Wars: The Old Republic has seen an unprecedented drop down the UK sales charts. According to Chart-Track, the licensed massively multiplayer online game plummeted from 10th position all the way to 38th during the week ending on December 31.

The steep decline is not a good sign for the momentous MMO, largely accepted to be one of the most expensive games ever made. Released on December 20, The Old Republic quickly reached one million registered users globally. Leading up to its release, the game was expected to either be the first real threat to Blizzard Entertainment’s monopoly over the MMO space, or a massive failure a la most other titles in the genre, including Sony Online Entertainment’s oft-troubled Star Wars: Galaxies, whose servers were recently taken offline

And who is Venture Beat? Hold on, going to make a blog real quick to make up statistics about games.

BRB

That's interesting.

And I think it is no good news for SW:TOR.

If the sales decline and the subscribers wont subscribe yeah... the servers will be more empty than they are now.

Won't matter. Playing a game is taking time from another game, no matter the genre. Mark my words, this game is well done and over. Even without D3 coming out, people are leaving SWTOR in droves.

I don't think that many people will leave, nobody to my knowledge in my guild that came over from WoW is quitting now, or after the first month. You will always lose people after the first month. A lot of people (myself included) buy every new mmo, expecting that feeling of your virgin mmo. To me that was Lineage 1, to some that was EQ1, or maybe WoW. That feeling of being a part of a world so to speak, for the 1st time. Every mmo, or Diablo 3's, that come out will lose a lot of players after the initial hype.

Won't matter. Playing a game is taking time from another game, no matter the genre. Mark my words, this game is well done and over. Even without D3 coming out, people are leaving SWTOR in droves.

My server population is currently "Very heavy" and its 8:15 Am on MONDAY. So are several others.

/Fail thread

No it does not, it says "SALES" Were bad....not "SUBSCRIPTIONS" being canned! Learn to read? +Sigh+ People....

Game is pretty much unplayable I don't see it lasting more than 3 months people are raging in /1 general 24-7 about this bug or that bug they're thousands of them.....Their are more bugs in the Live version of this game than their were in the 4 Beta builds I tested...and that's FAIL Edited by Gorloff

SWTOR is doomed.

Holy cow this must mean every single game is doomed after that one, then that one, then that one...

AND THEN THAT OTHER ONE>>> OMG NOOOESSS

*shrug* Diablo 3 won't put that big a dent in TOR I think. I'd be more worried about major WoW patches and, yes, even the MoP expansion. Not to mention GW2.

It's too early to tell for sure IMO.

It's was the announcement of the MoP expansion that pretty much killed WoW for me. Pandas? ya no thanks, last time I checked I'm not a 16 year old asian female.

Nice try. D3 is not an MMO. It's one of those games I play for fun when I'm bored like StarCraft.

We play MMO's for the social value. We play games like D3 and Starcraft for the pure fun.

MMO's are fun because it contains the elements of social and gaming fun combined into one which keeps you coming back.

Different games and plus D3 no monthly fee so i play whenever I'm bored.

I am worried about D3 because it seems they haven't been testing it all that much. If they are using the same blind/deaf/dumb friends and family testers that tested Cataclysm then it is likely going to be horrid.