November preorders get IN here!!

Nightborder

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't read all this but looking at the NA servers all being at light to standard at this time and EU being about standard with a lot of light and a couple heavy i ask why are they letting people in so slowly?

tomorrow or today end of day there is still going to be bit rushes to get in after work hours and there is going to be nasty back logs possible after a maintenance so i don't really understand the concept.

as for spreading out the players across many servers i have never seen that work as everyone either will cluster to one and a bunch will go to a new server to get max and get bored then go back to the over populated since no one is on the other.]

in theory this is a good idea but theories never survive when the rubber hits the road.

Well it's just after dinner in Europe, so medium or light doesnt say a whole lot imo. Also they stated they were looking to see how the invites would influence the servers on the short and long span.

I want to get in as well, but I prefer to get into a stable server, instead of being locked out after I allready got in.

purchased on http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/quentyns/4af85a6f.jpg Not registered until

11.26.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

11.26.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Due to Game Stop giving me a faulty code, and taking 3 months to get me a working one:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by SuperQ

Just a bit of a rational thought here. I think they added two days for allow all of the people who pre-ordered right away extra time to play to allow for everyone else to get as close to 5 days as possible. Maybe just the little bit of an optimist that is in me.

I actually think it's less to do with the first preorder players and more to do with realizing how many preorders have come in, and extending it two days to get everyone in BY 5 days before official launch so they don't lose subscriptions from people raging that they only got in the day before launch.

I don't know about tomorrow or Friday. I would like to hope that we could get in by Friday but there were a ton of orders during November. Plus we still have all of October to go as well. I just hope we don't end up like July people where we get waves like November 1st - 6th or something to that effect. Always try to stay positive though! :D

all I can say is that regardless if servers can handle the influx, I like the idea of filtering people through.

Think about it, starting area full of people starting out you then have to wait in line to talk to quest givers, beat the mob ninjas who steal mobs so then you have to wait for re-spawn.

I wouldn't mind Average crowd but not over populated ones.

I actually think it's less to do with the first preorder players and more to do with realizing how many preorders have come in, and extending it two days to get everyone in BY 5 days before official launch so they don't lose subscriptions from people raging that they only got in the day before launch.

Well at least there are some people here who are thinking rationally as well! Although I wouldn't imagine they are going to be losing many subscriptions. People rage, then they get to play and will be fine. No harm, no foul.

I ordered after 20mins of playing the beta on 26/11, im not splashing cash on anything ive not demo tested, however much I love star wars.

I have a feeling a lot did this as there have been SOOOO many dud games out lately most are afraid to spend money without knowing what it is going to be like first.

this might have been the reason the the mass invites for the end of beta too though i can't be sure.

purchased on http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/quentyns/4af85a6f.jpg Not registered until

11.26.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

11.26.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Due to Game Stop giving me a faulty code, and taking 3 months to get me a working one:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dude, call the 1-800 number and throw an insane fit over the phone, if they hang up call back and keep throwing a fit swearing to never return and go to a competitor YOU WILL GET A GIFT CARD!

I have done this with:

Best Buy

Wal Mart

McDonalds

Burger King

Target

Gamestop

EB Games

Staples

If you throw a big enough of a rant you may even get your money back.......just make sure you don't swear/cuss at them but sound really upset/angry/saaddened by their fail of service