[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

Except the current in game ending was also leaked a couple of days before launch.

That's because the ENTIRE GAME was leaked prior to release. It was up for DL on TPB before the game actually launched lol.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will definitely keep playing. Leveling in this game is so much fun, the class story lines are like a great book you can't put down. I haven't reached end game yet, but that will develop over time like other MMOs. I am enjoying the game immensely and will continue to subscribe. If you have an issue with the game and the end game, you probably shouldn't get into a brand new game that hasn't developed completely and evolved. Give it time and it will get even better. Look at patch 1.2, tons of stuff that will make the game play that much better. I am stoked. One thing I will not subscribe to anymore is WoW, that's thanks to SWTOR. :D

After playing ME 3 (worst ending in gaming history) I've seriously lost all faith in BW and that they know what their customers actually want and that they're going to implement it... so, probably cancelling and never bothering with BW again, only thing that could keep me is my guild which I really like cause the people are great... but srsly feeling bad about giving BW any more of my money, so incredibly dissapointed by them, it's like the writers all got aids and cancer at the same time and everyone they loved, too just before they wrote the ending... Idk how they could've thought it was a good idea and pretty much shows where SWTOR might be going... story just gets worse and they simply don't care about anything and think they're right, even though polls in their own forums show them they're terrbily wrong.

But as I said, might stay for the guild, I'd rather leave and be done with BW, not buying anything made by them ever again.

I will end my subscription in May when Tera comes out. This game has a few good ideas but not enough to keep me here. I'd say I had more problems than fun. Honestly I feel somewhat cheated by Bioware after playing Tera.

That game is BEAUTIFUL and runs so well, no lag at all. My computer isn't the fastest one in the world, I built it a couple of years ago but I usually don't experience much lag in MMO's Star Wars on the other hand was ALL lag, but Tera was smart and used the Unreal 3engine.

I think Star Wars really fixed the issue of mission grinding, you're part of each and every mission when you have to make a choice and listen to them. I really enjoyed the Trooper story line, the Consular story line wasn't bad but couldn't relate for obvious reasons. I only played a Guardian for 30 levels then rolled a Shadow to 50. I liked the ship designs and some of the speeders, and my favorite part was opening and closing my light saber :D

The issues the game has seriously outweighed anything else redeeming. The graphics in this game are so poor and performance made it painful to play every day. It looks to me that all resources were put into missions/voice acting and the "we'll fix everything else later" attitude went into the rest of the game. Maybe I’ll take a look at it in a year or two, but Bioware made it easy for me to make the decision to leave.

I would love to continue playing the game but I find that the current design and plan for future content is adding more hard work for the developers/programmers with increasing overhead costs while 'continuing' subscriptions are falling. I do not beleive those new subscriptions coming to the game will continue to offset falling subscriptions for long.

Now I could go on and on and on about choices for content etc that will likely fall on deaf ears. After all several basic choices on starting races do not fulfil the canon.

Choices on Starting species could have been in my mind far better. The fact that any new player race to be introduced requires a voice actor for reams and reams of quests makes it a huge endeavour to implement a new race. That in itself I feel reduced the likely hood of adding new races such as Kel Dor, Rodian, Ithurian (though the latter in comparison to the amount of moddeling and equipment models and graphics changed for every non human race is a massive endeavour too).

So legacy allowing races to be played in other classes dont actually contribute much at all, as youve already played that race to 50, why play it again?

This lack of forethought on a design model theyre still trying to complete along with crafting changes and many other features still coming in 1.2, 1.3 1.4 1.5 etc although have some nice little features, are just that. Nice little features that have very little impact on the current game design.

I understand they have A LOT of UNFINISHED content they intended to put into release and are still working on implementing that. However they should look deeply into rethinking some of their designs before implementing any more.

Think subjectively, be open minded, instead of falling into the same disaster of another 'Raph K' "Im doing it my way because I know best" attitude.

I love starwars, Im a massive SW geek having owned all of the RPG content from WEG and WOTC etc, the LUCAS Books and reprints of such books and still own my star wars toys from back in the 80's. Seeing another SWG re-hash is dissapointing to me. Its looking like its taking more time to fix its core design that in a year or two theyre just going to rewrite the whole game and eject all the nice features of it because its grossly expensive and time consuming.

My KOTOR games no longer work since i changed to an i5 from a Core 2, but thankfully I still have the RPG, and can turn my online game time to my other love, fantasy and move to Guild Wars 2 that has a more balanced pvp ranking system.

Ill keep on playing until I see a significant step in the right direction or something else worth playing comes out first. Im not impressed by the wishy washy 1.2 trailer.

New races - ok old ones that you have to have previously played to 50...

Or buy them - if you were fortunate to have chosen a particular craft to have made multi millions. Unfortunately Ive struggled to make 2 million on my 30 days played.

Crafting - Augment slots - Yay going to make the money that other crafts have benefitted from the last 3 months, what am I to spend it on? Playing another character?

New Pvp Sets?

They look, interesting, and Smugglers having benefitted from the coolest hat in the game now get the worst, YAY! But Itemisation on them.... some of the set bonuses only favour 3 of the 6 talent trees available to each class, The accuracy itemisation on pvp gear is worthless. Should have has basic mods and have the enhancement mod with the More expertise to make it worthless in PVE while improving it in PVP.

Some of the 24 enhancements are identical to the 25 enhancements Such as 'Battle'.

There are better ways to balance things...are they relying on one monkey to provide all of the pvp know how instead of a team?

New Warzone, I hear its very much another Civil War, id much prefer an Alterac Valley. Where is capture the flag?

Ranked PVP - well erm 8 man pvp teams against 4 man and a 4 pug? Wrong, that would be broken. Ranked pvp is for full 8 man pre made or your gonna lose badly. Especially with certain classes eclipsing others in some Warzones. Extricate, Force Speed and Force Shroud, make just two classes amzing in warziones. Force sprint immunu to Tech and Force through fire after being extricateing up, is very very difficult to beat in hutball. Same two classes can jump the gap before bridges are activated in voidstar, and an Assassin capable of killing many from stealth in 1v1 makes holding a cap difficult too.

I play an Assassin, I know what I can and cannot do. And what I achieve regularly.

Pre mades will become necessary and exclusivley to cherry pick certain classes.

Some specs are broken. Deception is ineffectual in PVP, Darkness has much more survivability allowing a huge increase in actually winning a 1v1 situation. Madness - lots of numbers but is just fluffed damage that wont actually kill anyone, the dots last too long doing too little damage. You can dot several people and come out with 500k damage at the end of the match without actually killing anyone from dot damage. Thats 2 broken trees inmho as an Assassin, My only other character is a Bounty hunter level 46 with 3 days played and yet to have spent a skill point as I have not even chosen an advanced class. No need to, I still get higher damage than higher level classes who have an advanced class in pvp.....

New Flashpoint -

Erm the Operations are so easy and with the design of normal modedesigned for Pugging leaves Flashpoints as a ...wste of time. People play them once or twice and never go back. You can gain better equipment faster by just pvping or Operations.

Guild Banks-

Well thats just a feature that all Guild orientated games have. Took its time coming in. Hope it has all the features we expect from playing other games.

I could go on and on into more depth but thats my 37p

It depends on my free character transfers or server merges.

There were 20 people on the Republic Fleet at 5:00pm on Bondar Crystal. That's not a massive multiplayer game. That's like a game of Counter Strike I could host on my OWN computer.

If they charge for character transfers, I won't do it (because my guild wouldn't do it). I'll quit.

If the server pop stays the same or declines even more without any aid from EA, I'll quit.

I'll resubscribe for sure. this game is a blast. when i played wow it felt like i was rushing the tedious leveling for the inevitable tedious end game. with swtor I'm actually enjoying the leveling a lot. plus, when you can use a light saber things are 10x better. it's science.

I will if there will be less rude people that do flashpoints... I got removed from the group in the middle of a flashpont 3 times because each time the leader would do it for "fun"...

If I were in that situation, I would have whispered the other 2 people in the group, have all three of us drop, reform, find replacement.

I was in two betas and the early game access. I have three characters and they're all at 40. I spend >80% of my time playing alone, with IRL friends, or with my guild.

I don't know what end-game is like, but if it sucks, then I'll just make Republic characters, play them up to 50, and then quit. I'll start again if end-game becomes fun. This does of course assume that I DON'T enjoy end-game.

I don't understand why everyone rushes.

EDIT: I would like to say that my main disappointment is the server sizes. It's lonely. ~20 per planet? Ouch.

Edited by zeekaran

I'm not one of the l33tz0r hardcore raiders, or a PvPer, which seems to be the bulk of people saying they'll unsubscribe. I'm having a blast playing the game as it was intended (a story-driven MMO) and will definitely resub, as will all the friends playing I know.

• 5 years later...