gtrunks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We are talking about Star Wars here!!!

This is not some asian big b00bs hot chicks mmo grinder. It is Star Wars!!!!

If the game goes F2P it means: turnover < expenditure

And the only way to try save it is the F2P model. Have all the people who dont wanna pay to play come in and try get the old customers back. Next you rip off by putting items in a cash shop which "are not needed" but actually are if you dont want the guy next door laugh about your crappy gear.

It makes not difference what the IP is... if you'd bothered to read my post you'd understanding that. GW2 and Titan are not "asian big ***** hot chick grinders."

I don't think it will go F2P, but I don't think it will be hugely successful either. I think after the first year they will be around 1 million subscribers. I think the majority of the WoW crowd is going to be turned off by all the instancing and having to go through a story every time they level up a character. I personally like those things so I will be sticking with the game for the foreseeable future. BioWare really has to roll out a lot of updates quickly. Not everyone likes to roll alts so they are going to have to keep the single character people happy and I don't see the game doing that for very long as it is now.

Because, as you well know, it doesn't exist.

This is also a claim, but it is more likely, as people who refuse to provide evidence have a strong known correlation to people who do not have sufficient evidence ;)

i.e. im trying to destroy the poster by asking him to show evidence for his claim. when he can't, he loses.

wow at launch was anything but alive either. things stood still etc as well. Doing quests in wow at the first 6 months was the same as it is now. sure they had some animals scurry around and a few NPC walked, but that was it. Clicking those NPC just gave you a sound emote nothing more.

So whats the big deal, they have other things to fix and eventually we will get a easthetic update that adds a more "alive" feel. It took wow nearly to launch of TBC to feel alive anyway.

this game has been out only about 30days.... and all we can do now is say.. OMG its going to be free to play

Fun facts

1. No major patches have been released yet to give more content.

2. The bugs and glitches in the game have not been fixed.

3. There is no way they are going to add an expansion in the future? (Yes they will)

guys you really don't understand how mmos work if your going to crap on the game after a short period of time..

Did you see what happened to skyrim on the ps3? How long those playstation people had to wait to get a fix. and it still isn't corrected.

Look at how many games that on release date have so many problems... Its because your asking too much from the developer. You want a perfect game from day 1 and I'm sorry but that isn't going to happen

This will not be another dc universe .. you heard it here first

If you haven't played any other mmo in 3 years it means you haven't played those "big name" mmos that went f2p, Age of Conan, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, DC Universe Online, and so you have no idea why those mmos went f2p. You have no idea what their gameplay was like. I'll give you a hint, they weren't great. TOR's a lot better then any of them and you'd know that if you'd actually played any of those games.

Out of all the "This game will go free to play, derp" posts I wouldn't rate yours very high. At least other people making these posts have experienced f2p mmos for themselves and know what f2p really means. You're basing all your assumptions about the future on this game on something you've only read about and have no experience in.

If you haven't played any other mmo in 3 years it means you haven't played those "big name" mmos that went f2p, Age of Conan, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, DC Universe Online, and so you have no idea why those mmos went f2p. You have no idea what their gameplay was like. I'll give you a hint, they weren't great. TOR's a lot better then any of them and you'd know that if you'd actually played any of those games.

Out of all the "This game will go free to play, derp" posts I wouldn't rate yours very high. At least other people making these posts have experienced f2p mmos for themselves and know what f2p really means. You're basing all your assumptions about the future on this game on something you've only read about and have no experience in.

this ^

wow at launch was anything but alive either. things stood still etc as well. Doing quests in wow at the first 6 months was the same as it is now. sure they had some animals scurry around and a few NPC walked, but that was it. Clicking those NPC just gave you a sound emote nothing more.

So whats the big deal, they have other things to fix and eventually we will get a easthetic update that adds a more "alive" feel. It took wow nearly to launch of TBC to feel alive anyway.

Dude how hard is it to create a responsive UI, especially in this day and age? WoW never had the UI issues this game has and it came out 7 years ago. How do you release with it this bad?! It's completely inexcusable, especially because many of the mmos that failed after WoW had the same unresponsive UIs. Having a responsive UI should have been a high priority.

I'm a Star Wars fan, Love the game. But from the way it looks it'll drop below the 500k mark come Feb and beyond

I'll believe it when I see it... which means I probably won't ever believe it.

The queue on my server keeps going UP not down... this tends to lend to the fact that the game is becoming more and more popular.

Edited by Fardreamer

The queue on my server keeps going UP not down... this tends to lend to the fact that the game is becoming more and more popular.

Because this game is just full of epicness!

this game has been out only about 30days.... and all we can do now is say.. OMG its going to be free to play

Fun facts

1. No major patches have been released yet to give more content.

2. The bugs and glitches in the game have not been fixed.

3. There is no way they are going to add an expansion in the future? (Yes they will)

guys you really don't understand how mmos work if your going to crap on the game after a short period of time..

Did you see what happened to skyrim on the ps3? How long those playstation people had to wait to get a fix. and it still isn't corrected.

Look at how many games that on release date have so many problems... Its because your asking too much from the developer. You want a perfect game from day 1 and I'm sorry but that isn't going to happen

This will not be another dc universe .. you heard it here first

sorry, but the evidence we were looking for was... Numbers.

Thank you for playing, however.

Evidence to predict an mmorpg's failure simply cannot exist 3 weeks after launch. You will need to look at subscriptions now, subscriptions in 90 days, and subscriptions in 180 days. before you can hope to begin to establish a linear correlation between time and player activity. we do know that the critical value we are looking to hit is <500,000 as this is the number EA has announced is their lowest number to achieve profit while supporting the game in a p2p model, however, we have no clue which way the numbers are going to go. you can ASSUME that they will go down, but you have no evidence to back up that assumption.

Again, We can never say. But I am a Seven year Alpha WoW vet and I love both games.

But when Diablo 3 and MoP come out(Bad or Not) Millions will go play those and it'll be another Shiruken star in this games back.

That's just a fact. Every WoW expansion always pulls back a few million for a couple months then they leave again.

if TOR will go free to play, its going to be similar model to DDO and LOTRO (which btw, still offer subscription model that allows for full access in addition to their "buy quest packs as you go and only quest packs you wish to buy" model )

and it will go free to play for the same reason as DDO and LOTRO. more profitable model that at the same time allows for more access to more people.

F2P model is popular for a reason. it allows for fantastic flexibility while luring people in with cheap upgrades that end up costing them 3 times as much per month then if they just paid a flat monthly fee