You mean this isn't WoW...

surpy

What were you expecting? It's an MMORPG. WoW was/is one of the biggest influences on the genre, radical changes in the foundation of genre wont happen. If you don't like to play things that remind of WoW, maybe you should be looking around for a different genre?

World of warcraft hasn't patented UI interface or chat channels or the way auctioning works etc. Any other mmo can do it.

If there was a police HQ in one state that found that another HQ was more efficient due to so and so reasons, the sensible thing to do would be to replicate it not be all "screw them we do it our own way even though its no where near as efficient and they are doing it right"

MMORPG's arent an art form, its not going to be plagurising WoW, WoW set a standard and swtor by comparison is 0 inches between a face and a plam.

this is a dumb comparison, they are in the same genre of games they are both mmo's....that's like saying halo and call of duty are copies of one another because they are both first person and have similar controls....

I always hate when people compare Halo to COD.

It is a shame this MMO'd cost so much money that game dev's aren't willing to risk major changes from the proven model. Such a shame.

Ultima Online is about the only MMO I can think of that is completely different. It has some major defects, but game dev's could still learn a thing or two from it.

What were you expecting? It's an MMORPG. WoW was/is one of the biggest influences on the genre, radical changes in the foundation of genre wont happen. If you don't like to play things that remind of WoW, maybe you should be looking around for a different genre?

At least you admit that this game is a wow clone.

any mmo > swtor

I don't play it, but EVE seems to be different and I know that (as mentioned in previous post) that UO is.

*shrug* I never got into WoW, but this really reminds me of LotR Online. That was fun, but got grind heavy. Actually it has a lot of features that need to be introducted in SWTOR like voice chat, group finding, housing, etc...

Then what have I been playing this whole time????

Please ask yourself this question before you complain about something on the forums.

lol awesome post OP

The fact that 90% of the following posts missed your point is equally hilarious! :D