Possible to level crew skills to 400 on low level?

Painaid

Title says it. Can you level a crew skill, specifically slicing, to 400 on a low level alt? Or is there like a higher failure rate when you start doing much higher level missions? My alt is level 25 currently so I was wondering if I really needed to continue leveling him while I level slicing to 400.

Title says it. Can you level a crew skill, specifically slicing, to 400 on a low level alt? Or is there like a higher failure rate when you start doing much higher level missions? My alt is level 25 currently so I was wondering if I really needed to continue leveling him while I level slicing to 400.

U can get it to 400 at any lvl, u wont have as many companions as a lvl 50 that can do missions tho

You can indeed have a low-level alt be able to take up crew skills and max them to 400, so you can keep your alt at level 25 to do so. I don't believe you'll experience a higher failure rate strictly based on your level.

What people typically run into issues with is having few companions to send out on missions, which will slow the process. However, at 25, I'd imagine you have perhaps 3 at this point, which will more than suffice for what you're looking to accomplish.

It's definitely possible and I'm sure not all that unusual... I was right around 25 when I hit Biochem 400, not much higher with Diplomacy. Could have done it sooner if I had applied myself. No issues with it that I noticed and slicing should be the easiest one to do this with. You can do the harvesting skills like bioanalysis without just using missions - just find spots on the high level planets where you can harvest without getting killed by npcs (you'll probably still get killed by pvpers but they probably feel a little silly if they notice your level). Edited by Larkie

Pointless? Nah. Inconvenient? A little...

It will just take longer. So if you can hit 400 in two weeks with 3 companions it will take 6 weeks with one, or 4 weeks with 2. Easy enough...

I hit 400 with ONE companion in less than 2 weeks when I started... I didn't know I could send more than 1 at a time, lol. Once it's 400 it's 400... the char level doesn't matter.

Z

i have an alt lvl 16 with treasure hunting lvl 240,which helps my main for artifice

I think it's bad to not cap crew skill level on current character lvl

I can run mission lvl 33/40 and still leveling the CS.

This way is to easy :/

I am currently doing this as a level 25 Bounty Hunter. My slicing is in the 2nd highest quality lockboxes/augments, I can't remember the exact level, almost 300. The failure rate seems to be influenced on the actual missions your companions are sent on (red,yellow,green,grey) not your character's level. I group annd pvp a lot so sending out my only 2 companions doesn't effect me.

Has anyone done this?

The skills grey out as you progress based upon your level.

I know that in the low 40s, I never saw a Rich treasure hunting mission for grade 6 - they're listed as available at levels 49-50 on Torhead.

I have a level 25 with 400 slicing and bioanalysis and I am able to run grade 5 rich missions in both.