Ummmm. Who's bright idea was it to make us self root ourselves to use abilities?

DarkSaberMaster

The issue is that people want the mobility that WoW offered them. You should be able to move and cast EVERYTHING which is instant cast without stopping and without it not triggering instantly. And I can't blame them.

Play a mage. your rotation is arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, and even with stacked haste, your still sitting still for 1 second or more.

The issue is that people want the mobility that WoW offered them. You should be able to move and cast EVERYTHING which is instant cast without stopping and without it not triggering instantly. And I can't blame them.

Umm, unless I am missing something every instant cast ability can be used on the move. Ones with a cast or channel time require sitting still, just like WoW. ZOMG.

The OP is likely in reference to Telekinetic Throw.

The 10 meter range makes it more of a hinderance than a help in PvP. In PvE, you'll get more DPS out of other abilities. I don't like the thought of having a useless ability, but it's not the end of the world to shelf one ability after picking your AC. My Operative shelves his Snipe ability, which shares the same issues as Telekinetic Throw (cast time, and only usable from cover.)

Tanks will use TK Throw when they spec high enough in the tanking tree. That's about the extent of it's use for the Shadow.

I always wanted TK Throw (all the Shadow ranged attacks actually, but that's another argument) to have 20 meters of range. Not only does it make sense for the base Consular class to have some long-ish range abilities (to get the feel for what a Sage might play like before choosing that AC) but also because the self-root in PvP is a hard pill to swallow when you have to work to gain the 10 meter range in the first place, only to lose it during a 3 second channel. But that's the Shadow in a nutshell. It can't decide whether to be a ranged class, or a melee class.

-Macheath.

My main is a sage and Telekenetic throw isnt that bad for a castable (My only castable).

You do realise it is an uncleansable snare that does damage too. It has its uses for kiting beyond its damage.

You are in the Shadow forums. Shadows only get a 10m range on that ability. Ergo, it is not useful for the reasons you've described.

Personally, it's just a skill I rarely use, and that's fine. Plenty of other things to take up skill bar spots.