What do you think is going on over at the Bioware offices?

Zolaz

I imagine that a lot of the employees are feeling pretty ashamed about the kind of fan base that is following this game and the entitlement behavior that they seem to display in regards to it. I can see the water cooler conversation already...

"We should've never made this game. It was a mistake. We thought that the WoW nerds were bad, but they've only been like that for maybe ten years tops! These people have been Star Wars nerds for their entire lives! We've opened Pandora's Box!"

::drops cup of water and flees the building::

Quoted for truth

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that a lot of the employees are feeling pretty ashamed about the kind of fan base that is following this game and the entitlement behavior that they seem to display in regards to it. I can see the water cooler conversation already...

"We should've never made this game. It was a mistake. We thought that the WoW nerds were bad, but they've only been like that for maybe ten years tops! These people have been Star Wars nerds for their entire lives! We've opened Pandora's Box!"

::drops cup of water and flees the building::

It has nothing to do with their fan base. Any group of people anywhere in the world would act the same way if they were getting the short end of the stick in a situation like this.

It has nothing to do with their fan base. Any group of people anywhere in the world would act the same way if they were getting the short end of the stick in a situation like this.

I feel your pain. They'll be coming for the younglings next. Oh, the injustice! :rolleyes:

Even after reading all of the QQ, I don't see how you are getting the short end of the stick. You were promised UP TO five days of early access. You are getting up to 7 days of access. You know they are going in the order that the pre-orders were registered.

I will be happy with whatever time I get, as will my three kids who are playing. We all registered at different times, so they will be waiting until their time in line is finally at hand.

The entitlement mentality makes me sick at times. Their launch plan makes sense, reduces technical issues and provides a way for them to improve the quality of the individual experience for those that enter the game. There is no award for server first 50, so un-twist your britches and wait in line like the rest of us.

Probably ignore the complaints and do about 4 waves today.

At this hour the lights are probably out and the employees recovering from however they partied last night.

Hey now, sometimes you just got to get a little bit funky

Edited by Liberate

Even after reading all of the QQ, I don't see how you are getting the short end of the stick. You were promised UP TO five days of early access. You are getting up to 7 days of access. You know they are going in the order that the pre-orders were registered.

I will be happy with whatever time I get, as will my three kids who are playing. We all registered at different times, so they will be waiting until their time in line is finally at hand.

The entitlement mentality makes me sick at times. Their launch plan makes sense, reduces technical issues and provides a way for them to improve the quality of the individual experience for those that enter the game. There is no award for server first 50, so un-twist your britches and wait in line like the rest of us.

Your playing swtor with your kids? AWESOME. If I had kids that what I'd do :D

They mostly complain because names will be "stolen", nolifes will be 50 and they won't, their friends won't wait for them etc. Oh, and for the pleasure of complaining. It's human, after all, and these minor issues are in fact annoying, but also part of the game ^^

The fiasco is still to be proven. There's no "fiasco" a mere day after the starting point when things go just too slowly for people. The 20th, teeth will clenches on an hypothetical "big bad players rush" that would make... what, the whole game crash down in flames ? In a month, nobody will ever think of all of it anymore. In half a year, people may recall the "little messy, but overall smooth launch". Next MMO could use the same system next year. Be optimistic, pals :D

Maybe nursing the odd hangover after having congratulated themselves on such a wonderful successful launch of EGA

+1

That was the first thought I had when I read that the waves would start at 8 CST today.

One of the sad things is that there really doesn't seem to be that much excitement coming out of Bioware. I've seen couple other MMO launches and one could really tell that the entire staff of the company was giddy over the launch. They didn't care if they hadn't slept in two days or if everyone in the office smelled like bantha poodoo. They were finally able to share their baby with the world and they weren't going to take a break until the launch was complete.

Here it just seems like it's another day at the Bioware office. I mean really, it's supposed to be some sort of achievement that someone worked from 4:30 to 20:51? Please, my father-in-law (and a lot of other people) pulls 16-hour shifts several times a week with normal 8-hour days in between.

There are 2 types of people on these forums. There are those that say "Yeah! I get to play before release, that's so awesome!" and there are those that say "What?! Everyone else is going to have a head start on me? What a load of crap." I happen to be in the latter category.

While I can understand and even envy the casual attitude that a lot of people have towards a situation like this, I am not casual. Nothing hurts me more, or makes me more sour than when someone else gets an unfair advantage on me.

One of the sad things is that there really doesn't seem to be that much excitement coming out of Bioware. I've seen couple other MMO launches and one could really tell that the entire staff of the company was giddy over the launch. They didn't care if they hadn't slept in two days or if everyone in the office smelled like bantha poodoo. They were finally able to share their baby with the world and they weren't going to take a break until the launch was complete.

Here it just seems like it's another day at the Bioware office. I mean really, it's supposed to be some sort of achievement that someone worked from 4:30 to 20:51? Please, my father-in-law (and a lot of other people) pulls 16-hour shifts several times a week with normal 8-hour days in between.

Slow and steady wins the race ...

One of the sad things is that there really doesn't seem to be that much excitement coming out of Bioware.

It's a big company releasing a big game. They're not excited to share it, they're doing what is expected from a professional company : staying serious to do the job. So what's wrong if the plannings go right enough for them to sleep ? They'll have all the time to party after the 20th :p