4 out of 6 purple missions failed

tyranusdarec

Today I had 3 Treasure Hunting (340) missions. I used them with the companions that had the highest affection. All 3 came back failed.

I then got 3 more. I used them one at a time. First two missions succeeded. Third one failed.

I am sorry but something that can be traded or bought should not have that bad of a chance for failure.

So overall, counting past missions. I have 4 succeed and 4 fail. 50% success rate. That is worse then if I just ran the Rich Yield missions...

Bioware, you might want to look at that. Odds that bad dont happen even in chaos theory.

Tyr

could be your level too, if your doing a bunch of level 49-50 missions and you and companions are only levvel 20, you can fail much more than say a level 50 would

Is this true? I'm level 19 with 255 slicing, and I rarely see a fail. I saw maybe two today with 2V-R8. But is my level really going to be a hindrance on my success rate? I've been holding onto a level 25-32 slicing quest because i wanted a good result and assumed affection was all that affected it.

I confirm i got also my first fail yesterday from 340 mission. I have maxed 400 TH, using always same companion with maxed affection (Zenith who has TH bonus).

I was shocked its possible, ive done so many 340 mission never failed one.

Edited by Divona

Anything bought or tradeable should not have any chance what so ever for failure. I can understand a min max thing depending on companion skill or affection. Like Minimum - 1 Corusca Gem and Maximum 6 Corusca Gem or whatever... But being able to fail something that I bought or traded for is wrong.

From this day forward, unless someone gives it to me for free I refuse to buy one of these again. EVER!!!!

I've experienced something similar, here is my scenario

Level 50, all of my companions are max affection

All of my professions are maxxed

Monday night before a patch, sent out 5 companions on 340 disposable missions

Logged on tuesday after patch, all 5 failed...

I've only experienced a few cases where missions failed, and it was only 1 here or there, but never 5 at the same time which leads me to believe I am either extremely unlucky or there is a bug somewhere.

Today I had 3 Treasure Hunting (340) missions. I used them with the companions that had the highest affection. All 3 came back failed.

I then got 3 more. I used them one at a time. First two missions succeeded. Third one failed.

I am sorry but something that can be traded or bought should not have that bad of a chance for failure.

So overall, counting past missions. I have 4 succeed and 4 fail. 50% success rate. That is worse then if I just ran the Rich Yield missions...

Bioware, you might want to look at that. Odds that bad dont happen even in chaos theory.

Tyr

Was the mission orange to you? Meaning, you used the item and sent your companion out on the mission before you reached 400/400 skill?

If so, then you can probably assume there will be a higher failure rate than if you were max skill.

Anything bought or tradeable should not have any chance what so ever for failure. I can understand a min max thing depending on companion skill or affection. Like Minimum - 1 Corusca Gem and Maximum 6 Corusca Gem or whatever... But being able to fail something that I bought or traded for is wrong.

From this day forward, unless someone gives it to me for free I refuse to buy one of these again. EVER!!!!

That'll show 'em!

Was the mission orange to you? Meaning, you used the item and sent your companion out on the mission before you reached 400/400 skill?

If so, then you can probably assume there will be a higher failure rate than if you were max skill.

I am maxed on all my skills. 400s across the board.

Tyr

I've experienced something similar, here is my scenario

Level 50, all of my companions are max affection

All of my professions are maxxed

Monday night before a patch, sent out 5 companions on 340 disposable missions

Logged on tuesday after patch, all 5 failed...

I've only experienced a few cases where missions failed, and it was only 1 here or there, but never 5 at the same time which leads me to believe I am either extremely unlucky or there is a bug somewhere.

I think this was same with me. I sent to mission that day evening (EU time). Next morning it showed fail. I think it could be issue Bioware did with patch. So many failed mission during patching. Only Bioware dev could investigate what really happened, beacuse i have never failed before with 400 artifice and max affection and also companion has bonus for that crew skill.

Today i did another 2 and one even critted with 2 blue lockboxes.

I guess until we have some dev respond it would be better off not to send to any rare missions prior patch.

Tyr

Never tell me the odds!!!!!