The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thinkiing of making an female alt. Is it a problem?

Embrosil

Hello, after I got my smuggler to lvl 50, I am thinking of trying the other side and roll an imperial agent. And to make it even different, I would like to roll a female one. I know there are no same sex romances, so I will just skip flirting. But would not there be a problem with other players? Like treating me like a woman?

It's easy. The female IA is voiced by Jo Wyatt. It doesn't get any better than this. Do it. Now.

/foregoing all that male vs. female toon banter that crops up every time.

Edited by Muesliac

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a male Marauder and a female Bounty Hunter.

The Bounty Hunter has never had a problem joining a group.

Coincidence, sure. But it is nice :)

Merc brings good reliable CC, good long-range dps where you avoid the vast majority of annoying mob AEs, ability to spot heal in a pinch.

Powertech brings tanking unless you are in a delusional dps spec.

Marauder brings no reliable CC, adequate dps when you are not dodging annoying ground AE which is what every second elite and almost all champions bring and you provide no capability to spot heal and generally lack utility.

I think that is the reason why you get tumbleweeds blowing through general chat when you ask to group. :p

I know there are no same sex romances, so I will just skip flirting. But would not there be a problem with other players? Like treating me like a woman?
Why skip flirting and therefore skipping some very manipulating, basic and fun agent conversation options?

Because you cannot image your female avatar flirting with a male? You feel akward when she actually kisses someone?

Nah, just enjoy the show, think of it as an interactive movie (though some would like to see something else ;) ) and don't think about it. And the best part: Since this is a role-playing game - just play the role :)

Ah... Welcome to the internet, where the men are boys, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents (j/k)

Edited by Aiwan

I usually roll female toons in MMOs (because seriously, if I'm going to be staring a butt all day long...), though in this one I do regret it a bit - my male Sith warrior has such a fun dynamic with Vette.

Seriously, nobody has ever flirted with me, and I sort of assume that 90% of female toons are played by other dudes. If someone does something, just say "hey, I'm a dude, knock it off". Not a big deal.

Edit: I just realized that you're probably only asking this because you're one of the weirdos that hits on girls in MMOs. Knock it off.

Edited by eskachig

There's basically two types of players in this respect.

First: the avatar player.

This player sees the character as a representation of himself. He/she likes to think of themselves being in the adventure/story.

Second: the charlie's angels player.

This player directs or steers his/her characters. They send them out on missions, like the tv series charlie's angels. Characters can be of any gender, can be a mixed group.

Personally I am the second group. And I prefer female characters (I am a guy) because they are nicer to look at. Plain and simple.

In part this is also because I haven't really seen a game yet that succesfully implemented male characters. Either they look too bulky, too muscular, too clean shaven. Somehow they seem less realistic in their detail. Just look at beards and how horribly they are usually are glued onto characters' faces.

For me, men should be men. Not these poster boys they usually do. I find it interesting that SW has some unexpected body shapes, but they too aren't really realistic.

So I'll stick to female kick *** characters. It is a fantasy game after all :)

I go squarely into the first one. I don't feel comfortable playing the opposite sex in story games, and especially MMOs, so all my char have the same gender.

Also agree that the male models are always so strange. Way too muscular or unnatural looking. I prefer watching a female model, even though I'm straight.

Edit: even though I've never had a bad grouping experience, I keep being whistled to and have met people flirting and doing me favors just because my avatar is female. And I play on a, supposedly more mature, RP server. Even in this game it's unlikely you'll reach 50 without having a "gender-related" experience.

Edited by PantheraMorag

Hello, I just got to 50, and I am thinking of trying the other side, to make life different, I would like to be a female and pretend to be a woman. I am not into same sex romances, so I will skip flirting with same sex. Will men treat me like a woman if they think I am woman, will that cause any problems if they find out I am actually pretending...?

Imagine if this was an online help center, and you wrote the above. Just because this world is run through your keyboard doesn't make it any less real in terms of social norms. If you are a man, but look like a woman, obviously men you encounter will react as if you are a woman. Men like women... if you are into pretending to be one, then get your freak on, you go girl!

Edited by Gilbara

From my experience female toons get tea bagged more so if you don't like that stay away.:p

Hmm well, what I did was made the most beautiful woman I could imagine, red hair (its my thing) a 2 figure with ample assets and pretty eyes and everything. And you know what, it was pretty weird and not all its cracked up to be.

What would happen and this is weird to admit I know but even though it was a toon, it was still arousing. And well, I would stare at this video game girls butt and ***** and stuff and feel kind of tight all the time playing her. Maybe I have a latex/leather fetish I wasn't aware of lol.

The graphics are so much more sensual and curvaceous then WoW's character models. I play a female main on WoW and don't feel much for her, she's cute and stuff but I actually got pretty hot for my SWTOR character. That disturbed me a lot so I deleted her.

I do play female toons but I made them funny and different, a blue 4 sized BH with attitude problems and a fat Jedi Twi'lek.

Also consider if you play a super sexy toon and want to show off the game to family or friends you may get embarrassed LOL. Who knows? :p

So play whatever you are comfortable with. Personally I like choosing gender to what I imagine is an interesting character choice and go from there. Or sometimes I just like cliche'. So yes I have a tall male Trooper. He's my ****** android and if you don't like it, stick it! :p

What would happen and this is weird to admit I know but even though it was a toon, it was still arousing. And well, I would stare at this video game girls butt and ***** and stuff and feel kind of tight all the time playing her. Maybe I have a latex/leather fetish I wasn't aware of lol.

The graphics are so much more sensual and curvaceous then WoW's character models. I play a female main on WoW and don't feel much for her, she's cute and stuff but I actually got pretty hot for my SWTOR character. That disturbed me a lot so I deleted her.

That's hot.

oh i made my main aayla secura because i love her i don't really care what will others think, and jedi knight voice actor is Ashe from ff12, it ain't getting better than that, so i'm sticking with my aayla lore till the end

I have a 50 male toon and a 45 female toon. I enjoy the female toon more because of the following:

• Nice Azz
  • Nice face
  • Nice Body
  • Would rather look at a female azz all day than a man's.
  • You get free **** from lonely nerds.
  • If you make them smaller than the rest of the average players it's very satisfying when you're tiny female toon destroys the large weak azz force user. :D
  • Removing their clothes to /getdown or /dance makes it all worth it.
  • If only Mako would dance...sigh.

to qoute my friend... "if i'm going to be staring at something for hours on end it better atleast be appealing."

I'm not evasive about the question if I'm a male... most people pick it up from how I talk anyways. or just don't care.

some occured moments occur still though... easy enough to set straight.