(R.I.G) Trying to bring common courtesy and friendliness back to gaming

Saani

It's been a while, so I thought I would give this post a little bump.

We're all actively playing in-game now, and there's always someone related to the RIG online, so feel free to look us up on the Juyo server!

Alternatively, head over to the site (in my sig) and check us out there! :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not on Juyo, and I am only speaking for myself, as an individual, but I love this idea. :)

I prefer MMORPGs to other videogames (yes, even gorgeous ones like Skyrim - though I do indulge in them occasionally) -because- of the social aspect. So being promoting a friendly and courteous community is important to me. Even in pvp, treating the opponents with respect (i.e. not camping, spam emoting, etc.) makes sense, as for pvp and RPPVP to even happen in the first place, there has to be people interested in participating on both sides. Making the MMO a pleasant experience for all enhances your own enjoyment of the game, in the end, in my opinion.

I was talking about this yesterday. I was ragged on by the people in chat (I am Sith side, happened on Tattooine) It was disturbing how many people were being total a-holes and when I raised the issue, they said that we were Sith, we were there to be bad and to man up.

I was like, okay, so I'm gonna be a complete jerk now, and when I go in flashpoints with you guys, i'm rolling on all pieces of gear because my companions can use it. They're like, It's not the same. We're gonna report you and you'll get banned. I said, for what? Playing the game? The game allows me to roll on the item and my companions can use it.

It's crazy how people think in this game. On one hand, while they will do everything they can to get ahead while questing, they expect full compliance, courtesy, etc in Flashpoints. Like somehow the etiquette extends to one but not the other. They throw away their "Sith" attitude when it doesn't suit them. It's fallacy. If they have a certain logic with how to act, then that should extend to every part of the game, including groups and loot rolls. Otherwise they're just full of crap and they're doing it to harass others because they can.

i am just speechless with happiness that other minded people exist in this game. people in my guild play likewise and it is refreshing that others exist out there. i have met a few but also alot of selfish children too. we laugh and try to educate them but most simply dont care and franky say this. i believe in karma so what goes around comes around, both the good and the bad.

I totally love this. How can one get involved in this?

All you need to do is follow the "R.I.G Liaison" link in my sig which will take you to the main RIG page. All the information you need is there. Should you need any further info, don't be afraid to ask me here, or any of the RIG admins/mods on the main boards :)

Edited by Saani

+1...

More games than this need people banding together to try and bring the fun, and kidnheartedness back to games. Been in MMO's since the last expansion of UO, and untill SWTOR, it's been all about elitist idiots and ******s ruining what little pleasure I can get out of a game with their attitudes. SWTOR and its community have been a welcome breath of fresh air, and It's good to see people like this banding together to keep the goodness going. :p

I couldn't have said this better myself. This game is supposed to be fun NOT stressful or frustrating because of drama and attitudes. This is a great idea!

More games than this need people banding together to try and bring the fun, and kidnheartedness back to games. Been in MMO's since the last expansion of UO, and untill SWTOR, it's been all about elitist idiots and ******s ruining what little pleasure I can get out of a game with their attitudes. SWTOR and its community have been a welcome breath of fresh air, and It's good to see people like this banding together to keep the goodness going.
Edited by barragon

i play like this also but have seen a lack of courtesy from many others as a healer i try and stop and heal someone whose in battle or buff them where/when i can but do others respond in kind? rarely, there are some i admit yes..but majority..no..shame really

Hi guys,

Just to answer a few questions, we're not completely based in any one area or faction. The RIG is primarily about the style of play and the community, rather than the location.

Saying that though, I can tell you that a lot of our players and guilds are based on the Juyo server (EST) which is a PVE server. That's not to say that we don't have players based on EU servers, or on PVP / RP servers. We do in fact have people all over the place!

If there is a specific playstyle that you like to stick with, then I'm sure the RIG has someone you can talk to about it :)

Any further questions, please feel free to ask - or alternatively, head over to the site! The link is in my sig :)