Never seen attention to detail quite like this

Ikonik

Has any one ever stopped and just looked at the environs surrounding you? I'm so taken aback at exactly how finely detailed this world is. It's huge. It's realized. It's so damn detailed. This game is the Skyrim of MMO's in terms of sheer size and detail.

I just wanted to get this out there. Take a break from your grind to 50 and just soak in your surroundings. hey are absolutely incredible. Now, if only I could see ONE Republic in my travels!

Loving the game.

It would be so much better if the mobs moved though :p

The mobs do move. There have been roaming mobs on every single planet I have been on from Korriban to Hoth. I don't know why people keep saying this.

If all the mobs moved all the time, that would suck, because you could never stop to do something else in a spot, because in less than a minute you would be dead by a roamer.

Now roaming uber-bosses, like the Leviathan in WoW and the Giants in EQ, would be cool, but having every single mob in the game always moving would be retared, and would also cause the requirements for the game to go through the roof, crippling an MMO's subscription base, because people wouldn't be able to play it.

Edited by Maeleena

It would be so much better if the mobs moved though :p

I don't get it. I see them move all the time. Having conversations or fiddling with weapons. On their hands and knees looking at something on the ground. Patrolling. Are we playing the same game?

Has any one ever stopped and just looked at the environs surrounding you? I'm so taken aback at exactly how finely detailed this world is. It's huge. It's realized. It's so damn detailed. This game is the Skyrim of MMO's in terms of sheer size and detail.

I just wanted to get this out there. Take a break from your grind to 50 and just soak in your surroundings. hey are absolutely incredible. Now, if only I could see ONE Republic in my travels!

Loving the game.

i TAKE IT YOUVE NEVER PLAYED RIFT.

Sorry I'm too busy turning off Pull Cable every 30 seconds on corso/4X to appreciate the view.

That harpoon

I wonder who's idea was it to give a range char a skill to pull the enemy towards it just so it can fire a riffle at it at point blank range.

Edited by maximusedward

i TAKE IT YOUVE NEVER PLAYED RIFT.

Are you really going to compare Rift to this game? Tatooine blows Shimmersand away. Hoth blows Iron Pike Peak out of the water. Sure, Ember Isle is cool and has some nice eye candy, but it's small compared to any SWTOR planet.

Bottom line: Rift's map is TINY compared to SWTOR's. Graphics wise I would put the two close together, but I like the environment of SWTOR better and prefer the planets over any zone in Rift.

That said, Rift does run much smoother. BW has work to do in this regard.

That harpoon

I wonder who's idea was it to give a range char a skill to pull the enemy towards it just so it can fire a riffle at it at point blank range.

T7 had the same skill in Beta and they changed it to the jump into combat he has now.

I agree it makes little sense for a range guy to pull like that. I can only assume it is there for the more range based Smuggler has some way to pull things off themselves.

I really wish they would fix that bug though it can be so annoying.

That harpoon

And then he uses flamethrower at point blank and you realize ... yeah thats what its for ...

Loving the game.

finally someone who opens his eyes :D

i think the same..its wonderfull ...but all the level rusher ignore this...

I love the environments, only thing they're missing IMO is some kind of day/night cycle (where appropriate).

I've even caught some NPC chat... with VOICEOVERS... one of the big things I loved about CoH was the random chitchat you'd catch from the NPC's (or the mobs!) and the voiceover portion just makes it better.

Except... when it gets delayed... and you overhear the convo when you've already left the area...

The environments are so damn amazing that's true. The static feel they have totally destroys them though. It lacks "ambiance" I think the word is, but yeah the environments are nice eye candy.

I agree. The scenery is often quite nice: big canyons, sweeping plains, etc. But it all seems like a painting without any ambiance. There aren't squirrels or rabbits or deer (or the SW equivalents) running around making it seem more immersive. The best I saw was a big flying manta ray looking creature going overhead on Belsalvis (though it bugged mid flight :rolleyes: ).

I hope there are plans to eventually add in things like weather, day/night cycles (doesn't have to be set to real world times), critters, more sound effects (bugs buzzing, birds chirping), etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.