Rate SWTOR out of 10.

Papazooki

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.5/10 levelling - more enjoyable than WoW for levelling anyway (I say this as a veteran from Vanilla too, who still plays)

Endgame no idea yet - been taking my sweet time and also playing alts (note: alt-levelling is NOT fun when I'm seeing the exact same content over and over - excepting class quests - at least there WoW had a few more areas to level in than 2 or 3 making it seem more replayable. That being said, I still rate levelling high, but alt levelling would be more like 6/10)

There's only one reason you don't think it feels like an MMO. Get in a guild your happy with and make friends. Honestly the game is much better then. BUT the guild interface does need work.

I'm in a guild. Half of us are quitting.

My rating: 4/10.

6.5/10

I'd say that's the fairest review I could give it.

While the game has a lot of features and tries to push the envelope in terms of story-based content progression with voice overs, there are some things just holding it back; a lot of the features are extremely shallow (character and item customization, guild features, travel, etc.) and the story presentation all but encourages single-player progression. At times I feel like this game wants to be an MMO, but doesn't want to put the effort in to go that far.

This is a game with more promise than substance. Out of the gate for an MMO, that's expected. But I thought this game was supposed to break the mold?

At the end of the day, I was just expecting more for my money and to not have to wait months and months for content that really should have been there to begin with.

The people who boot up TOR for the first time a few months from now are getting a much, much, much better value for their money than we are today.

Edited by Dezzi

8/10, though I'm giving that score on the assumption that new patches will general fix more problems than they create (which is what 1.1 did, honestly; it fixed more problems than it created, it's just that one of the problems it created was GIGANTIC).

If this improvement doesn't turn into a general improvement trend, I'm going to be highly disappointed.

Customer Service: -1 / 10

PvP: -1 / 10

PvE: 7 / 10 (Too much bugged T_T)

I love this game in general, i give it a 9 / 10 in general therms, but this failure on patch 1.1 is unacceptable.

Math checks out.

7/10 while leveling.

I enjoyed the worlds and the story archs on each planet, as well as the class quests for knights and consulars. While SWTOR is not the only game to have a story (that's what is in those neat little paragraphs most people skip over), the developers did go out of their way to make little bits of the story memorable.

1/10 at end game.

Carbon copy of World of Warcraft, Rift, AION, etc. Another uninspired and lazily designed loot treadmill. I expected much, much more from the company that made Baldurs Gate II, KOTOR, etc. Many of us left all of those other games because we're done with grinding content (dailies, raids, PVP, etc.) for the old and overdone gear based progression system. What the hell makes BioWare think we'd want to do the same thing we could do in those games here?

Edited by BadgeredMushroom

7/10 Leveling

It was pretty fun going through my class quest. After awhile, it started to get tedious on normal quests.

8/10 End-game Content

I think the end game content is pretty straight foward, but what can I say? I'm in a guild that raids 3 times a week, so its easier and more fun to play with people you know.

7/10 Overall

Game is in its earliest stages so expect some bugs here and there. So are just annoying some I can live with temporarily and some I don't even recognize. Expect the game to get better as more time progresses.

4/10

Aside from the voice acting in swtor, there is absolutely nothing different about swtor as compared to any other MMO. If the game really costed 100 million dollars or more to make, then this is my breakdown of the costs.

80 Million: Buy the rights to copy WoW 1:1.

19 Million: Voice acting

1 Million: Programming etc.

It HAD a lot of potential.... but in order for Bioware to make swtor a good game, they need to first delete everything they have and start over again with at least 1 trillion dollars, cause 100 million didn't bring much.

7.5 or 8 out of 10

Pros: The story is interesting, I enjoy the look of the game, I'm looking forward to trying out each class/personality, I can play with my husband

Cons: I would still have preferred KOTOR 3 over an MMO. I hate monthly fees and I like to my mod games.