Rate SWTOR out of 10.

Papazooki

I can't rate games as I can't put games like this in the same scale as crap like Call of Duty or other games that has a maximum playtime of 5-15 hours.

Compared to a game like CoD this is a 10/10 and CoD would be around 3/10, because it is just not even close to the value you actually get from SWTOR. I can't give the game a rating right now as I have not played it enough, but if I had to give it a rating now I would give it a 8/10 because of the lies that where showed upon me during marketing and advertising for this game.

Trailers and screenshots on the website are lies, they do not show how the game as it is. The graphics shown is much better than it really is in the game and the armor design for Jedi Knight is also not as show on screenshots and trailers as all armors have their hood up. The game is great, it has the only real story driven quest system in a MMO and the combat and grouping is perfect for me and my friends. But this is also the first game in a long time where I feel I did not really get the product that has been advertised.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Stephens response: 1/10

They evidently lied about highres textures being ingame via their advertisment.

In my country this falls under deceptive advertisement and can be sued successfully.

EA recently already got sued here successfully over originspying and ea not informing customers of it, so i am quite positive.

Well technically the high "high" resolution textures (these are not the medium res textures you are looking for) are in game, it's just they are only used during the story cut scenes.

For the rest of the game you have to choose between High and low versions. So no, there is no case here, just it seems the usual "sense of entitlement" issues that people seem to have these days.

As for the topic:

EGA: 9/10

2 weeks in: 8/10

Today: 5/10 - Timing of maintenance for patches becoming extremely frustrating.

6/10

I would've given it a 9/10 while playing it for the first ~30 hours.

Unfortunately, more and more issues are beginning to crystallize themselves. I don't want to start a discussion over, there are already several threads concerning these problems so you might know what issues I mean.

Edited by Quorthun

After Stephens response: 1/10

They evidently lied about highres textures being ingame via their advertisment.

In my country this falls under deceptive advertisement and can be sued successfully.

EA recently already got sued here successfully over originspying and ea not informing customers of it, so i am quite positive.

^

This

I don't see how you could ever rate it above an 8.

For an MMO, I would rate it probably a 6.5/10.

As a single player game, I would probably rate it as an 8/10.

They have done some cool stuff, but honestly, there isn't enough content there for me. I play a lot and it just will not hold my attention long enough. It needs a longer progression curve, people should not be skipping planets because they have out leveled them by 6+ levels. It also needs difficulty. I haven't had any parts of the game that I felt like I was struggling through. It feels more like reading a book than actually challenging yourself with the gameplay, which I despise. This is a game! I want to be challenged!

I really enjoy the story and questing, and I honestly think it has had a very interesting effect on general chat (people don't spam it 24/7 with garbage), and overall game flow. Though, once I finish the story, there isn't going to be anything left to do except participate in the same dungeons I have already run, the same 3 PvP matches over and over again, a couple raids and an Open World PvP zone where people don't PvP. All in all, that won't take more than a few weeks to complete.

Slowing character progression down would have spared them more time to get stuff ironed out, as well as held the player base for a longer period of time. Overall, the SWTOR business model is just bad and a failure. Why have a fast progression curve focusing so much on end game and even reachable during the free month of play ... only to have next to no end game to experience? You spent 5+ years developing the leveling content, why not have players spend more time in these areas leveling up and experiencing ALL OF IT? 95% of your world is completely useless at 50, what a waste of time.

The sad part is, you can basically copy and paste this review for every game released in the past 10 years. Or at least in the last 6-7.

Edited by Vidrak

So far it seems the consensus would be between 5-7 out of 10 which is fair for this game.

Those who putting 1s 2s or 3s out of 10 lol you guys don't know how to rate games. So i can't even take those seriously.

Based on my own stats, I have to say there is a lot of potential, but we do not rate potential... we rate the present

So 7 out of 10 right now.

1. Questing: 5/10

2. Storyline: 9/10

3. Graphics: 5/10

4. Sound: 9.5/10

5. PvP: 4/10

6. PvE: 3/10

7. UI: 2/10

8. Product readiness: 1/10

9. Customer Service: 3/10

Total score: 4.6

1. Questing 6.5/10

2. Storyline 8/10

3. Graphics 5/10

4. Sound 7/10

5. PvP 1/10

6. Pve 7/10

7. UI 3/10

8. Product Readiness (lol)1/10

9. Customer Service (ultra lol) 0/10

8/10

Looses a point for the pending bug (killed my first main)

Looses annother point for making my computer run flat out on minimum settings, though granted this isnt entirly BWs fault.

Possibly down to 7 if you include the currently incompleteable codex entries all over the place, but I know Im 1) Obsessive Completion Disorder and 2) Gonna get the in a patch or two's time.

10 out of 10!!! Yeah there are a few kinks, but this is still launch time! The game isn't even a month old yet! I feel like Bioware needs some encouragement with all the whiny WoW-fappers tolling around the forums these days. Great game Bioware!! Keep improving on the kinks here and there and it will be a masterpiece for the ages.

1. Questing 4/10 (pretty much all quests look quite the same especially the instanced ones are horrible)

2. Storyline 8/10

3. Graphics 6/10 (need a new pc i have 8800gts 320mb, core2duo e6750, winxp)

4. Environment/Planets/Maps 2/10 Planets feel like cityroads. (in SWG for example planets where better and felt like real planets)

5. Sound 7/10

6. PvP - to much lag to play it

7. Pve - still need to do operations

8. UI 6/10

9. Product Readiness 1/10

10. Customer Service 4/10

11. Potential of the game 9/10

12. Alignment/companion affection 1/10 (you take sentences to farm these points not because u like them, seriously most horrible system ever)

Edited by Rigota

7.5 / 10

In it's current state, it's a very good game, not a great one.

I do have fun playing it, and while there are some things I'd like to see fixed/changed I believe these will come in time. In the meantime, there are no gamebreakers for me.

1. Questing 6.5/10

2. Storyline 8/10

3. Graphics 5/10

4. Sound 7/10

5. PvP 1/10

6. Pve 7/10

7. UI 3/10

8. Product Readiness (lol)1/10

9. Customer Service (ultra lol) 0/10

I like this scale, added an extra one for overall.

1. Questing 8/10

2. Storyline 10/10

3. Graphics 8/10 (Based on MMOs and not single player)

4. Sound 8/10

5. PvP 5/10

6. Pve 7/10

7. UI 3/10

8. Product Readiness 4/10

9. Customer Service 1/10

10. Overall 7/10 (fun game, needs a lot of work for player retention though)

I thought the last 2 were funny too, but I was generous on the readiness because they were more prepared than a lot of other MMOs a launch.

1. Questing 8/10

2. Storyline 9/10 (Best in MMO genre)

3. Graphics 8/10 (I really like the chars)

4. Sound 5/10 (lacks music)

5. PvP 6/10

6. Pve 8/10

7. UI 7/10

8. Product Readiness 6/10

9. Customer Service -/10 (never had the need to use it)

10. Overall 8/10

Story 10/10

Quests 5/10

Crafting 2/10 [easy...too easy]

PVP 1/10 [Very, very limited at present]

Exploration 0/10 [Jumping puzzles...can't stand jumping puzzles when Jedi can't jump]

Space 2/10 [can we turn off that darn droid already?]

RPG 0/10

MMO 5/10

MMORPG 3/10 [there's a puzzle for you]

Player community 1/10 [every game appear the same whiners and epeeners]

Overall enjoyment 10/10 [For now. Playing every class and everything works perfectly]

Overall what I had expected 5/10

Comparasion to other games:

SW:Tor 5/10

Other games 1/10

[if you have read this far, go back to playing...] :rolleyes: