This game is an amateur adventure in MMORPGs

Dravinian

The list of things wrong with this game is so long, so complex, so game-breaking, that I think that the game can only be described as amateur.

From running along and getting stuck on blades of grass, to the terrible delay in using abilities, this game reminds me of the 90s when we were playing on 56k modems on 128bit machines with 200mb of RAM and thinking our systems were awesome.

I thought we had moved on from this sort of rubbish, I thought that games like WoW and Rift had moved the goalposts so that future developers had to try harder.

Not rehash the same problems of 20 years ago and expect the players to accept it.

Is it really just simply a matter of slapping the Star Wars logo on something mediocre at best and making a profit?

I won't go into the individual problems, we all know them, them appear in PvE and PvP, and I am sure if I listed them someone will only argue that it either doesn't exist or when shown that Bioware already accept that it exists that since it will be fixed soon that somehow justifies the fact that it is exists now.

I expected better from Bioware and I expect better from an MMORPG in 2012.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The list of things wrong with this game is so long, so complex, so game-breaking, that I think that the game can only be described as amateur.

From running along and getting stuck on blades of grass, to the terrible delay in using abilities, this game reminds me of the 90s when we were playing on 56k modems on 128bit machines with 200mb of RAM and thinking our systems were awesome.

I thought we had moved on from this sort of rubbish, I thought that games like WoW and Rift had moved the goalposts so that future developers had to try harder.

Not rehash the same problems of 20 years ago and expect the players to accept it.

Is it really just simply a matter of slapping the Star Wars logo on something mediocre at best and making a profit?

I won't go into the individual problems, we all know them, them appear in PvE and PvP, and I am sure if I listed them someone will only argue that it either doesn't exist or when shown that Bioware already accept that it exists that since it will be fixed soon that somehow justifies the fact that it is exists now.

just go back to wow.

The game hasn't even been out a month yet, jesus christ...do you really think they aren't going to fix all these bugs and minor details that where left out at launch? Be patient...

It isn't about just bugs. It is about the entire game. the mechanics, the graphical interface, the lack of macros.

These aren't bugs, these are by design.

The game is amateur and I thought we had moved on.

This game in comparison to any other MMORPG that charges for subscription is sub-standard.

And i think we all know it. Just some of us are unable to accept it.

just go back to wow.

Just get over yourself. Not all players are from WoW, or have played WoW.

Someone not agreeing with your opinions does not automatically label them as some inferior people coming or having played some other game. You labeling them as such, on the other had, does show you as inferior to intelligent people.

I like the fact that you just expressed the exact same thing that I stated in the first post.

Bioware has accepted that the delay is a problem they are working on.

I expect this sort of attitude from people, the denial that there is a problem, I don't understand it myself, I tend to accept what is the reality rather than pretend otherwise, whether I like a genre or not.

I also note that this is usually a very vocal minority on message boards that defend something they are involved in regardless of any facts to the contrary.

The truth is that this game is not up to the standard of MMORPGs of the quality that demands a £45 price tag and a monthly subscription.

We all know it. You only need to look at the level of complaints to understand that.

While yes, you can point to any MMORPG board and say...but they are complaining, they are usually all complaining about the same general issues....bugs, which are to be expected, and class imbalance as perceived by the player base.

Look at the message boards for this game and what you see is a variety of complaints about a variety of problems all of which do not deserve a place in an MMORPG in 2012.

If you get stuck behind a blade of grass, hit /bug and give them a good description of what happened.

Ability delay: they've already addressed it, thanks to people voicing their dissatisfaction with what they perceived as a problem.

WoW and others have years, nearly a decade, of polish, bug fixes, tweaks, expansions, etc. No new MMO can launch with all that even 2 year old MMOs have (imho).

I'm enjoying the game, solo and in groups, too much to let some glitches end my fun. I think what you're doing is expecting perfection in a version 1.0 (or 0.995). That's an unreasonable expectation.

You mean the 90's the Area in which the majority of games where tottaly awesome depite the lack of technology...

I dislike macros. In Rift, my whole playstyle was basically "mash 1 as fast as possible and if this happens, start mashing 2. If someone targets you, mash 3 a few times then go back to 1".

I consolidated an entire character into 3 buttons, give or take some CDs.

Agred, seems to be what he is looking for. :D

The usual reply from fanboi's that don't like to see the game they are investing their time in being called out for the poor quality it is.

I am not that bothered, I am surprised no one has posted..so stop playing.

That is the other usual reply.

What is sad is that while the vocal minority on here pretend there are no issues, the larger majority of people just unsub and stop playing.

You can look at the War game forums and any of a dozen other failed MMORPGs that had the same thing.

People make valid complaints on the message board, get flamed by Fanbois and girls and then they unsub because they see no response from the developers addressing the vast array of very real problems in the game.

The game then dies a slow and horrible death until it becomes free to play.

All the while the fanbois on the forum continue to flame anyone that brings up the problems with the game and the developers bury their heads in the sand and let the vocal minority defend the game.

I expect in a year this game will die, just like many before it, because it doesn't have the quality that a game of this level should have.

Still I will be back when it is free to play.

I dislike macros. In Rift, my whole playstyle was basically "mash 1 as fast as possible and if this happens, start mashing 2. If someone targets you, mash 3 a few times then go back to 1".

I consolidated an entire character into 3 buttons, give or take some CDs.

Nobody forced you to use makros. I never did and I didn't miss it.

It isn't about just bugs. It is about the entire game. the mechanics, the graphical interface, the lack of macros.

These aren't bugs, these are by design.

The game is amateur and I thought we had moved on.

This game in comparison to any other MMORPG that charges for subscription is sub-standard.

And i think we all know it. Just some of us are unable to accept it.

Love all these people who claim to speak for all. Speak for yourself please.

You mean the 90's the Area in which the majority of games where tottaly awesome depite the lack of technology...

While some games were awesome, they had many issues in them that have been corrected with the advancement of technology.

My complaint is that this game has all the advanced technology at their disposal, but still apparently is unable to get past the problems that plagued the games of the 90s.

Though I do agree there were some awesome games back then.

Just get over yourself. Not all players are from WoW, or have played WoW.Someone not agreeing with your opinions does not automatically label them as some inferior people coming or having played some other game. You labeling them as such, on the other had, does show you as inferior to intelligent people.

if someone comes up and advocates everything that is in wow, that player is a wow player. it doesnt matter whether s/he comes from everquest. all those principles are now embodied in wow.

so, they should 'go back to wow' where they have ALL the things they demand.

simple. inferior ? no. self centered and harmful ? yes. their demands require everyone to be subjected to their gameplay to be satisfied.

so, they should just go back to wow, where everything they have is already present. if they havent played wow, that's all the better for them !

hey news flash we dont care if you like this game, we care if "we" like this game.

if you dont like this game then quiet and play somthing else.

Yes but your ego tells you this post is designed for you.

So your complaint is that I am being egotistical for posting my opinion, while expressing your own egotistical nature by thinking that the post is directed to you.

Seems a bit hypocritical don't you think, well no, you probably don't because that would require a level of thought that I suspect you are incapable of.

Yes but your ego tells you this post is designed for you.

So your complaint is that I am being egotistical for posting my opinion, while expressing your own egotistical nature by thinking that the post is directed to you.

Seems a bit hypocritical don't you think, well no, you probably don't because that would require a level of thought that I suspect you are incapable of.

If this post isn't directed at anyone in this thread or anyone who can read it... Then who is it for? Bioware?

If so.

Lmfao.

Trolling is bad, mkay?

if someone comes up and advocates everything that is in wow, that player is a wow player. it doesnt matter whether s/he comes from everquest. all those principles are now embodied in wow.

so, they should 'go back to wow' where they have ALL the things they demand.

simple. inferior ? no. self centered and harmful ? yes. their demands require everyone to be subjected to their gameplay to be satisfied.

so, they should just go back to wow, where everything they have is already present. if they havent played wow, that's all the better for them !

Macros have been a part of MMORPGs for years, /assist is a macro and is essential in raiding, as are Macros such as /raid Target %t first!!

You don't need a macro to use an ability, or do anything other than to assist in general game play.

The failure to include them is an oversight that makes the game unwieldy and frankly a bit sad.

Macros date all the way back to Everquest and have been included in any MMORPG of any merit ever since, because having to type in every single command manually is cumbersome and slows down game play.

Also drags you out of "immersion" which seems to be the justification for making 4 people run for 10 minutes across a map to get into a dungeon together.