MMO gamers...

Sniper-Agent

Are MMO gamers the single worst aspect of gaming culture?

What with all the ************, crying and raging it's little wonder that online gamers get a bad rep.

Also, What's with the whole "I like x MMO and therefore wish doom and failure onto all other MMO's on the market"?

If you enjoy SWTOR why do you feel the need to insult WoW?

If you enjoy WoW why do you feel the need to insult SWTOR?

I don't know, but you're right. There's this whole weird internet culture of people who like to go places and sling mud at whatever they find there.

There's a part of me that wonders why they'd spend their time on something so completely worthless, and another part that finds the way they feed off each other sort of interesting in the same way I find the way animals socialize interesting. I don't get it, but if you don't get too emotionally involved in it, it's sort of fascinating.

A lot of people have a superiority need. They need to feel superior.

Internet forums are a nice, nearly consequence-free medium for jack*****ery of all ilk.

It's the perfect combination.

Edited by Degarmo

No.

You can ask that of pretty much any group and have some people agree, because they see "those people" as being the bottom of the barrel. And those people that agree will typically be the loudest about it.

PC gamers will look down on console gamers.

Console gamers will look down on PC gamers.

360, PS3 and Wii gamers will all happily slam each other.

PVE-focused players will badmouth PVPers.

PVPers will put down PVEers.

Non-RPers will put down RPers.

FPS fans, RTS fans, MMO fans, Adventure game fans, etc. will all point fingers at each other as being the "lowest rung" of gaming genres.

So what can you do about it? Simple. Learn to realize that they're all people, some are going to be great, others are going to be twits. Ignore the ones that are twits, have fun with the ones you have fun with, and let everyone else just do whatever floats their boat (barring cheating/exploiting/being a general d-bag) because it really doesn't affect you that they like something different.

FPS players are by far the worst. It's cute how they pretend they're actually gamers.

I know you are a troll and all but never the less...

If you play games and enjoy doing so for whatever your reasons, you are ACTUALLY a gamer. I think for me what grinds my gears is how so many people feel that only they and those who game like them are "true" gamers and everyone else is somehow below them.

I get it your self esteem sucks and you need something to make you feel good about yourself but seriously it's really pathetic.

I know you are a troll and all but never the less...

If you play games and enjoy doing so for whatever your reasons, you are ACTUALLY a gamer. I think for me what grinds my gears is how so many people feel that only they and those who game like them are "true" gamers and everyone else is somehow below them.

I get it your self esteem sucks and you need something to make you feel good about yourself but seriously it's really pathetic.

You're kinda wrong, look at the definition

plural gam·ers

a person who plays games; especially : a person who regularly plays computer or video games

In my book about 50-75% of COD players are not 'gamers' just because they can play an FPS that requires no skill what-so-ever does not make them a gamer.

You're kinda wrong, look at the definition

plural gam·ers

a person who plays games; especially : a person who regularly plays computer or video games

In my book about 50-75% of COD players are not 'gamers' just because they can play an FPS that requires no skill what-so-ever does not make them a gamer.

But by your own definition that you provided I am right: a person who regularly plays computer or video games

Since COD is a video game and these people regularly play it, that makes them a gamer by the definition you provided.

But by your own definition that you provided I am right: a person who regularly plays computer or video games

Since COD is a video game and these people regularly play it, that makes them a gamer by the definition you provided.

the key letter here is S..... gameS they basically play one game and then move onto the next COD, i can probably tell here that you are a COD fanboy, so i know i will not get through to you but its worth a try

What with all the ************, crying and raging it's little wonder that online gamers get a bad rep.

Also, What's with the whole "I like x MMO and therefore wish doom and failure onto all other MMO's on the market"?

If you enjoy SWTOR why do you feel the need to insult WoW?

If you enjoy WoW why do you feel the need to insult SWTOR?

So you are the worst aspect of gaming culture since your playing an MMO now?

Your logic is flawed.....

/thread.......

They make 360 FPS gamers look nice. True story.

I've come to notice this being an FPS gamer myself. Coming to this game and being like oh hey look, the people i played mlg with/against in halo are on swtor now. The saddest thing is that Im generally better than the people that are complaining. And I've never pvp'd competitively in an mmo before this.

the key letter here is S..... gameS they basically play one game and then move onto the next COD, i can probably tell here that you are a COD fanboy, so i know i will not get through to you but its worth a try

Yea, you shouldn't assume. Especially because at the beginning of this thread (my first post in here) I agreed that 360 FPS gamers are a****les. I have played CoD but I don't play it on any sort of basis. However the fact that you started calling me a fanboy means you realize I am right and are getting defensive. :rolleyes:

So you are the worst aspect of gaming culture since your playing an MMO now?

Your logic is flawed.....

/thread.......

Heh, irony.

When talking about any group in general terms, a single exception does not disprove the point.

Your logic is flawed.

(And doubly flawed by your closing line.)

Yea, you shouldn't assume. Especially because at the beginning of this thread (my first post in here) I agreed that 360 FPS gamers are a****les. I have played CoD but I don't play it on any sort of basis. However the fact that you started calling me a fanboy means you realize I am right and are getting defensive. :rolleyes:

I love the fact you are avoiding the first part of my post and that you assume that i took notice of who wrote what. well i dont, i look at posts if i dont like what is being said then i will reply, simple as. if it is the other way round, i will feel urged to congratulate said person on said post

Heh, irony.

When talking about any group in general terms, a single exception does not disprove the point.

Your logic is flawed.

(And doubly flawed by your closing line.)

A logical truth is a statement which is true in all possible circumstances. A single exception disproves a logical truth.

I would recommend Aristotle's Organon, but I think you need to go back to high school (or go to high school).

:wea_03: Lightsaber!

I love the fact you are avoiding the first part of my post and that you assume that i took notice of who wrote what. well i dont, i look at posts if i dont like what is being said then i will reply, simple as. if it is the other way round, i will feel urged to congratulate said person on said post

Ok let me just say that you once again proved my point:

You say the key is gameS plural, more than one. But then you go on to say that they go from one call of duty game to the next. That is the very definition of multiple games. There have been, I think 9 call of duty games. That's plural. Not to mention that it's not just CoD players. Halo players are even worse, yet they are the same "type" that you say are not gamers because they don't play multiple games. But as I just said those types of people play Halo AND the entire CoD series.

I am sorry if it somehow bothers you to think that these people share the title of gamer with you, but they do.

Edited by Vesperascit