Just think if they would have made this game SWG-2

Mookz

Just think about that... if they went with the proven pre-NGE SWG model and made it new and improved. Hell, they could have put the SAME EXACT classes in the game and it would have been amazing, just updated the graphics.

Why does no one make a game like SWG?! FUUUUUU

It wouldn't be a good story-driven game. SWG was all about COMMUNITY. Story lacked and sucked not to mention that it's not even close to be considered canon.

Yes there was something special but SWTOR is KOTOR. It's dumb to think they would go for a sandbox style.

Edited by Idunhavaname

Just think about that... if they went with the proven pre-NGE SWG model and made it new and improved. Hell, they could have put the SAME EXACT classes in the game and it would have been amazing, just updated the graphics.

I gotta say i would be quite displeased if they did that. I didn't like SWG. I played it because my friends played it but it was a lot less fun than SWTOR is for me.

Edit:

Because SoE would ruin it.

That's another thing....SOE is just terrible.

Edited by Vesperascit

It wouldn't be a good story-driven game. SWG was all about COMMUNITY. Story lacked and sucked not to mention that it's not even close to be considered canon.

Yes there was something special but SWTOR is KOTOR. It's dumb to think they would go for a sandbox style.

I didn't mean make SWTOR a sandbox, I meant scrap this mess.

Possibly because, according to compiled data, SWG never managed more than 300k concurrent subscriptions? I'm happy to be told otherwise if someone can find compiled data elsewhere.

That we as individuals found a game to be the greatest thing since sliced bread does not mean the rest of the planet must agree.

I didn't mean make SWTOR a sandbox, I meant scrap this mess.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific about 'this mess' if you don't mean a sandbox.

Sure, and then it would have....bombed and tanked exactly like pre-NGE SWG did.

Huh. Imagine that.

I doubt KOTOR is particularly canon either. They pretend technology and aesthetics have stayed the same for thousands of years. This was done simply because Lucas forced them to use a time period far before anything Lucas himself would write about. But to capitalize on the IP they didn't want to shake up things very much visually.

BUT THIS GAME WAS JUST RELEASED

please respond

Edited by Mookz

Sandbox style rocked. This game with it's emphasis on Sith instead of empire is twisted and demented. The kind of stuff the Sith makes you do to attain dark side points should be show cased in the TV show Criminal Minds. That whole not canon argument is crazy. And, what's up with the creepy English accents for everyone that is Sith. That's reason enough to be forced to play republic.

sandbox mmos were good back then, today they are not successful anymore because of wow. you allways need someoen to take you at your hand now days.

anythign like SWG would horribly fail.

Eve is the only remnant of this system, and only because its so complex could it hold its 350k subcribers

I doubt KOTOR is particularly canon either. They pretend technology and aesthetics have stayed the same for thousands of years. This was done simply because Lucas forced them to use a time period far before anything Lucas himself would write about. But to capitalize on the IP they didn't want to shake up things very much visually.

Technology did change. Notice how ships in KOTOR era are MUCH smaller and less powerful. Bacta also replaced Kolto, new models are created.

What happened is just like Mass Effect, technology plateaued. You really can't do much after you hit galactic civilization but try to bend space and time more (which you can alredy do),move to another galaxy, or try to acess a parallel universe.

What they did in KOTOR canon is they only picked the major events that happened with the character but leave alot of it unexplained so they don't dismiss character choices as canon.

Which mess? SWG is a sandbox game. I love SWG but literally it only had was community to be specific player created cities. The story itself wasn't that good even the intro.
This.

Keep in mind that it was estimated that SWG had less than active 25000 subs even before they announced the closure. At the peak the numbers were only around 250,000.

SWTOR has 350,000 concurrent players according to Bioware, with maybe 2 million subs by now.

I would like to see elements from SWG in this game, mainly those that drive community.

This.

Keep in mind that it was estimated that SWG had less than active 25000 subs even before they announced the closure. At the peak the numbers were only around 250,000.

SWTOR has 350,000 concurrent players according to Bioware, with maybe 2 million subs by now.

I would like to see elements from SWG in this game, mainly those that drive community.

It's ok, on the 19th SWTOR will be down to 250k where it belongs.

I would have to disagree. I love SWG and wish it was still going, but an upgrade would not make for a truly great game.

However, if you were to combine SWTOR with many of the SWG systems, you would have an EPIC game for sure.

1) Actual voice chat in the game so you can communicate with group members even in PUGS

2) The crafting system was superior to any crafting system in any game so far.

3) In game housing

4) True space combat and building your OWN ship

5) PvP means something

6) Better trade market and player vendors

7) Player content/ Player cities

8) The mapping system was phenomenal. I loved being able to create my own waypoints.

The truth is that no MMO will ever be our own personal "perfect" MMO. You have to take it as it is and either enjoy it or find something else.

I only stinks that this is the ONLY Star Wars MMO available.

It's ok, on the 19th SWTOR will be down to 250k where it belongs.
Lern2Read

Assuming you are right.

SWTOR - 250k concurrent players

vs.

SWG - 250k subscribers....

SWTOR is outdoing SWG at it's peak on subscriber numbers by about 8:1 and that's just in the first month or so.

SWTOR shifted 2million units in the 4 weeks. SWG shift 1million units in the first 4 years...

Should add that I was a loyal SWG subscriber for 7 years. Loved the game, but let's not try and paint it as something it was not.

Lern2Read

Assuming you are right.

SWTOR - 250k concurrent players

vs.

SWG - 250k subscribers....

SWTOR is outdoing SWG at it's peak on subscriber numbers by about 8:1 and that's just in the first month or so.

SWTOR shifted 2million units in the 4 weeks. SWG shift 1million units in the first 4 years...

Should add that I was a loyal SWG subscriber for 7 years. Loved the game, but let's not try and paint it as something it was not.

the only people who didnt play swg were morans who couldnt understand advanced concepts of the game

I would have to disagree. I love SWG and wish it was still going, but an upgrade would not make for a truly great game.

However, if you were to combine SWTOR with many of the SWG systems, you would have an EPIC game for sure.

1) Actual voice chat in the game so you can communicate with group members even in PUGS

2) The crafting system was superior to any crafting system in any game so far.

3) In game housing

4) True space combat and building your OWN ship

5) PvP means something

6) Better trade market and player vendors

7) Player content/ Player cities

8) The mapping system was phenomenal. I loved being able to create my own waypoints.

The truth is that no MMO will ever be our own personal "perfect" MMO. You have to take it as it is and either enjoy it or find something else.

I only stinks that this is the ONLY Star Wars MMO available.

These are all things I would like to see in the future and I do feel hopeful that at least some of this stuff is already in development.

I didn't like the use of software-based Star Wars Galaxies bots to grind away and gain XP automatically. Player did let the computer to kill the same animals and monsters for experience points.

I prefer SWTOR.

A moran is a catch-22, so in this regard, madam: you're post fails.

Moran (Maasai) or Il-murran, warriors among the Maasai of Kenya

Moran (surname), Irish surname (and list of people with that name)

Morán, Spanish surname

Moran (Syriac), Syriac title for Jesus Christ

Baron Moran, British peerage title

Moran, a female Irish Quidditch player in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Moran Dam, a proposed dam on the Fraser River at Moran, British Columbia, Canada

MORAN, an acronym for Multi-Operator Radio Access Network

Also, it would be "your post fails". "You are post fails" is not right.

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.