Tracer Missile and Grav Round might need to be looked at

Enfuri

Has anyone here even played Arsenal in a warzone? Go spam tracer missile and see how long it takes until you get curb stomped. As OP posts more it only consolidates the fact that he is QQing.

A 3 sec CD on Tracer missile would make it useless and would ruin the classes ability to do any DPS.

What people also fail to realize is that Arsenal may have a high damage ability, but we are also missing a lot of key abilities that other classes have in PvP. Hell I'd like a jetpack boost getaway, or perhaps a dedicated interrupt. But the fact of the matter is I don't, so I'll sit back and have my Tracer missiles thank you very much.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow had terrible unbalanced pvp and went through cycles of buffing/debuffing people to extreme amounts. Just because something is in game and exploitable doesnt mean its balanced. Now if you take an arcane mage and give them paladin armor thats pretty much what we are seeing right now with tracer/grav.

yes, yes arsenal merc is a mage in a pally suit

except they have...

no roots

no interrupts

one 4 sec slow

no shatter

no block

no cold snap

sheep on a minute CD

edit: mercs are a lot closer to ele shammy which is/was one of the least viable specs outside of hurrdurr bloodlust blow up someone comps

what do you think is more productive btw?

(1)you wait for the devs change the game

(2)you buckle up and learn to pvp

Edited by JillSandwitch

Considering the class the OP is talking (commando/mercenary) about is the ONLY class in the game to not get an interrupt, they need something to make up for it. That's right, out of 8 advanced classes they are the ONLY class to not get an interrupt...

The problem with the OP though is that the move doesn't do as much as he claims.

I feel that it needs some sort of change.

Arsenal / Gunnery is supposed to make you feel like a glass cannon. How bout increase the damage on tracer missle / grav round but also make it apply the debuff to yourself at a reduced duration. So the more you use it the more likely you are to be a glass cannon, but if you use it moderately the glass cannon effect isn't nearly as heavy.

Hey I got some advice, use your interrupt and shockingly they cant spam it anymore. It is quite amazing how that works.

its amazing how many times the interrupt ability has to wait for previous skill to finish before "interrupting" and miss that important window.

Considering the class the OP is talking (commando/mercenary) about is the ONLY class in the game to not get an interrupt, they need something to make up for it. That's right, out of 8 advanced classes they are the ONLY class to not get an interrupt...

The problem with the OP though is that the move doesn't do as much as he claims.

i agree that they should get an interrupt. but others in the thread have already confirmed that they can hit up to 3k on tracer missile crits and i've been hit by crits for that much. So i know it can do that much damage.

well i decided that i was tired of being a turret class and i went pyrotech and jesus christ, this spec owns, i do even more overall damage than i ever did as arsenal and the burst is still crazy high (thermal detonator, power shot, rail shot, detonator explodes at the same time 10k+ damage burst with crits). The only downside is losing 1 knockback and having to pay a lot more attention to heat buildup, but other than that im enjoying this spec so much more than arsenal and doing even better (400k+ dmg every game).

so should a setup move hit for 3k when everyone elses setup moves hit for 1k-1.5k?

Mual the assassins setup move and usually opener hits for around 2k. 3k on a crit ( or 6k with buffs).

Hidden Strike the operatives opener hits for around 2-3k. 4-5k on a crit ( or 7k with buffs)

Snipe the snipers opener hits for around 3k. 4k on a crit (or 6k with buffs)

Death Field with recklessness Some Sorcs open up with this can hit targets in an AoE for 3k ( guild mate of mine got it to hit for 5k with buffs)

Force Lighting with Crits can be channeled for around 3k ( same guild mate was able to channel it for 2k a tick with buffs)

So to answer your question

Yes, a setup move, especially setup moves that are Easy to interrupt, should be able to hit for 3k.

You're failing to grasp the concept that spamming grav/tracer is NOT a DPS gain vs using a rotation revolving around Heatseeker, rail shot, and unload.

If you let a commando or Merc sit in the back and randomly cast..YOU DESERVE to die.

an interrupt

CC

KB

Force Leap

Force pull

if no on your team is smart enough to notice a turrent in the back

ALONE ( because no merc is going to cast in the middle of an ongoing skirmish)

Casting missiles..

The entire team, deserves what ever damage is dished out to them.

lol, I'm a sentinel in full Champ gear and i get hit for 5k by tracer spam, normally i can keep one locked out, but seeing how when im at 100% resolve and still get stunned 3 more times beyond that(every one says its working as intended) it's not always possible to keep em locked out, and 5 or 6 casts = death Edited by HollowVamp

Maybe if LoS actually worked I wouldn't have a problem with the one-button wonder class.

But sadly I can get behind a pillar halfway through his cast and still get hit with the TM/HS missile combo at 30 ms latency and crit for half my health.

Buff LoS imo.

Maybe if LoS actually worked I wouldn't have a problem with the one-button wonder class.

But sadly I can get behind a pillar halfway through his cast and still get hit with the TM/HS missile combo at 30 ms latency and crit for half my health.

Buff LoS imo.

Speaking as a trooper, Grav Round has always failed for me when someone leaves my LoS.

Are you guys serious?

Interrupt? At least half of them will not even hit thanks to the delay.

LoS? Delay is too high to effectively LoS it and even if you do it you are the one locked down, because there are no ways to reach the ranged player easily 9 times out of 10...

Typical position is right behind the fire pit, while it is a nice position I would probably use myself it still makes them pretty much untouchable.

Charge? Knockback into deadzone

Any other opener will leave you suspectible to that aswell and then we still have the problem, that those tracers go well beyond 3k and reach up to 5k if you use good buff stacking, which will take out champion geared players in 3 gcd's.

This is no big news probably all classes can take each other out in 3 gcd's by now when they stack like madness the difference is the range and armor, while maintaining strong cc's.

You aren't a fragile sniper yet you get the same dps, tell me why should you be allowed to have the armor advantage and guess what the sniper is mobile 'as a house' aswell.

Best thing I read here was the glass cannon comment. You mean the tankglass cannon?

Literally the whole firepit section is an unwinnable scenario for melees against tracer spam, which I guess you think is okay?

I don't even need to open up on him there because all what awaits me is stun/knockback which I cannot even correctly counter with positioning, thanks to the movement allocation delay.

Give up your AoE knockback, then you can have tracer missile and btw, I win literally every 1on1 vs tracer spammers as assassin, but I outskill those on our server.

Given equal skill there is no way the tracer missile spammer would lose on any current map.

I've read every post on this thread and i've come to these conclusions:

1. The numbers people are throwing up are either from random encounters or from heresay.

2. People got owned by a BH and they can't take it that they were so poor at their class they got beat by a 1 button spam moron.

I'm a lvl 38 Merc, on BG's I have to get the expertise buff and target a light armored toon to get my 2.5k damage in 1 hit medal.

The number you are throwing up are for merc's who have expertise PvP gear. Get over yourselves and l2p.

The damage output isn't spread out among the abilities of the class. A lot of the buttons you push are mostly for managing heat more so than actually hitting the button for a bigger damage number. When your filler button is doing all your damage you need to spread the numbers around to more buttons. The overall damage is fine, and on the other end of the coin if you interrupt Tracer Missile (Grav Round) then that player is going to be doing some sad sad damage.

Are you guys serious?

Interrupt? At least half of them will not even hit thanks to the delay.

LoS? Delay is too high to effectively LoS it and even if you do it you are the one locked down, because there are no ways to reach the ranged player easily 9 times out of 10...

Typical position is right behind the fire pit, while it is a nice position I would probably use myself it still makes them pretty much untouchable.

Charge? Knockback into deadzone

Any other opener will leave you suspectible to that aswell and then we still have the problem, that those tracers go well beyond 3k and reach up to 5k if you use good buff stacking, which will take out champion geared players in 3 gcd's.

This is no big news probably all classes can take each other out in 3 gcd's by now when they stack like madness the difference is the range and armor, while maintaining strong cc's.

You aren't a fragile sniper yet you get the same dps, tell me why should you be allowed to have the armor advantage and guess what the sniper is mobile 'as a house' aswell.

Best thing I read here was the glass cannon comment. You mean the tankglass cannon?

Literally the whole firepit section is an unwinnable scenario for melees against tracer spam, which I guess you think is okay?

I don't even need to open up on him there because all what awaits me is stun/knockback which I cannot even correctly counter with positioning, thanks to the movement allocation delay.

Give up your AoE knockback, then you can have tracer missile and btw, I win literally every 1on1 vs tracer spammers as assassin, but I outskill those on our server.

Given equal skill there is no way the tracer missile spammer would lose on any current map.

OMG a class that can through careful map positioning and use of defensive cool downs defeat you on one of your classes but not all of them. Nerf them, the guys with the biggest guns in the game don't deserve damage comparable to every other class, they should just play healer or **** of the game.

Get your scoundrels/operatives to target the mandos = instagib.

No class is meant god mode all the others and Commando clearly is not doing that.

Reliable 2.5k crits my ***. I play a commando trooper and there is no way to do reliable 2.5k crits with grav round unless you have a **** ton of gear and then in that case don't QQ cuz he has more gear than you.

This, did a test on this yesterday, have half my gear is PvP gear. Most times my grav round would only hit for aroun 700 to 1000 with a few times around 2-2.5 k.

I feel that it needs some sort of change.

Arsenal / Gunnery is supposed to make you feel like a glass cannon. How bout increase the damage on tracer missle / grav round but also make it apply the debuff to yourself at a reduced duration. So the more you use it the more likely you are to be a glass cannon, but if you use it moderately the glass cannon effect isn't nearly as heavy.

What!?

Buff LoS imo.

totally agree

All this trooper/bh "use los" bull***t is bull***t. Los does not work with tracer missiles, they get me even if i run on force speed behind a corner. Tracer missiles just follow me.

I've read every post on this thread and i've come to these conclusions:

1. The numbers people are throwing up are either from random encounters or from heresay.

2. People got owned by a BH and they can't take it that they were so poor at their class they got beat by a 1 button spam moron.

I'm a lvl 38 Merc, on BG's I have to get the expertise buff and target a light armored toon to get my 2.5k damage in 1 hit medal.

The number you are throwing up are for merc's who have expertise PvP gear. Get over yourselves and l2p.

Uh of course the numbers we are throwing up are for people in expertise gear. Most of us commenting are 50 in expertise gear.

I even rerolled a merc and got it to 50 to prove how stupidly overpowered it is. I usually get double the next top damage in warzones. Its overpowered, you are only defending it cos you want to play an overpowered class.

BH and Troopers specced into these trees are like a 600 horspower V8 with a .5 gallon fuel tank.

They hit hard , but if a fight goes longer than 30 seconds, they run out of gas quickly.

HEAT/Ammo management is brutal, if you arent judicious with your cooldowns you blow through 100 heat in 5 seconds and are stuck spamming normal attack.

Tracer and grav just happen to be moderatly efficient on heat useage and also trigger procs so they do get used a lot as an essential part of the sub-class, but no more or less than any other classes basic attacks are.

Why its balanced...

• Cant spam tracer and grav round while moving, making you vulnerable to melee and useless in moving fights. No real ability to fight while moving from other skills either.
  • Cast timer is slowed by any and every attack pushing the cast time beyond 2 seconds or interrupting it completely... meaning DPS is dramatically cut if the Trooper or BH is being shot at
  • HEAT means attacks cant be sustained indefinitely, and grav/tracer isnt enough to spike damage against a competant target

Anyones whos played BH/Troop knows Maraders and Sentinels will rip your face off, as will OP's and Scoundrels and assassins/shadows.

Basically... they only kill when you leave them to spew damage, the minute you start shooting back or healing, or if the fight lasts longer than 30 seconds, their DPS goes to sh** due to the interrupt factor.

Edited by blackadda

^

I second that.

Once where left alone its like fish in a barrel, but if not than where squished real quick. So for yall saying its OP yall must be high. I could understand if we could run around and shoot tracer missle than yeah that could be a little ridiculous being its our strongest attack building up to a few other attacks BH have, but since we cant. I dont see it OP at all including the fact that we get steamed roll by every class. All you gotta do is stop and say hey! A bounty hunter! Easy kill. Bam bam bam. Dead.