How many subscriptions still around in 6 months?

Magnusmaximus

This game is another Warhammer in the making. The writing is all over the wall.

The Star Wars IP is going to keep it up longer though. It's the crutch that will allow the game to limp longer before falling.

I'd love for this game to be good, I really would, I just really doubt they can turn it around fast enough.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Star Wars IP is going to keep it up longer though. It's the crutch that will allow the game to limp longer before falling.

I'd love for this game to be good, I really would, I just really doubt they can turn it around fast enough.

I do not think people are going to be as forgiving this time around. Too many gamers were hurt by Warhammer and I am not sure they'll put up with the same crap again. There might be some that give Bioware a chance, but I think a vast majority will cancel and just wait until D3 comes out this Feb or wait for GW2.

Edited by AirshipGirl

BW and the SW IP have Until February to impress people. I say that because that's when the game's first big challenge will hit in Diablo 3. I'm fairly certain that a bunch of people will stop playing Sw to play Diablo, the question is will they come back.

I do not think people are going to be as forgiving this time around. Too many gamers were hurt by Warhammer and I am not sure they'll put up with the same crap again. There might be some that give Bioware a chance, but I think a vast majority will cancel and just wait until D3 comes out this Feb or wait for GW2.

Fair point, but I think the casual market isn't that logical, didn't play those games, are new to MMO's entirely, or (like I previously mentioned) caught up in the IP.

I'm genuinely curious to see how this plays out; should be interesting to watch, even if I'm not playing in a month (undecided right now).

You took the words right out of my mouth. I WANT this game to be good, I would love to see it do well. But no matter what, I think at its core its a rather bland MMO with few features and with so many other choices out there it will be hard to keep people.

edit: On the note of wanting the game to be good. I think there is a lot of people that have been wanting to see this game live for a LONG time now, and with that I think they will want it to be good so badly they will put up with some crap for awhile. But I think that will fade shortly if something isn't done.

Edited by Godjinrai

Fair point, but I think the casual market isn't that logical, didn't play those games, are new to MMO's entirely, or (like I previously mentioned) caught up in the IP.

I'm genuinely curious to see how this plays out; should be interesting to watch, even if I'm not playing in a month (undecided right now).

True, true, it will definitely be interesting to watch how this one plays out.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I WANT this game to be good, I would love to see it do well. But no matter what, I think at its core its a rather bland MMO with few features and with so many other choices out there it will be hard to keep people.

edit: On the note of wanting the game to be good. I think there is a lot of people that have been wanting to see this game live for a LONG time now, and with that I think they will want it to be good so badly they will put up with some crap for awhile. But I think that will fade shortly if something isn't done.

Agreed. I think most of the people who are defending the game to the hilt are the ones who are still barely leveled and enjoying the leveling, which is fine and well; the game has great voice acting, but once that shine wears off they're going to be in the same boat we are.

The sky is falling! Bioware's Star Wars MMO has failed to give people with no lives a sense of greater meaning!

No, people just expected a better game. This game is not even an MMO. It is a single player game with the option to play with others. It is not worth the $15 a month they are asking.

It will become Free To play especialy in europe.

They dont have normal costummer support

The servers are a mess, unbalenced in faction and dominated by native chat.

The maintenace time's are ridiculous in the EU

And worst of all BW doesnt show any sign of caring for these problems.

D3 really why waste money on that game

D2 was fantasitc but d3 is total crap have to be online and they have Real money AH basicly making the game leagal gold selling...

Rift

March 2011 - Rift launches, sells 1 million copies

August 2011 - Rift opens free week in what was rumoured to be an attempt to boost dwindling subscriptions

December 2011 - Trion announces that in 2012, Rift will be F2P

Now - Trion has suspiciously never stated actual subscription numbers, but instead chose to "boast" that they took (a measily) 600k subscribers of WoW's then 12 million

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-06-08/rift_has_cost_50m_sold_1m_units_and_taken_6000000_players

_from_wow.shtml

hmm seem you are wrong on that one

" Speaking with Eurogamer, Scott Hartsman confirmed that Trion has "absolutely no plans whatsoever" to transition RIFT to a F2P model. He cited strong business and a growing game as reasons why the company is happy where it's at. "

I'm guessing around 1-3 million in 6 months. They are bringing pandas to wow... Pandas... It's as if blizzard is saying: "Hey, we need more kids to play this game! Let's bring pandas in, loose all the subscribers that are 20+ (and that actually grew up to some of the star wars movie being released) and let them play SWTOR instead. More money this way!"

I'm guessing around 1-3 million in 6 months. They are bringing pandas to wow... Pandas... It's as if blizzard is saying: "Hey, we need more kids to play this game! Let's bring pandas in, loose all the subscribers that are 20+ (and that actually grew up to some of the star wars movie being released) and let them play SWTOR instead. More money this way!"

Blizz only has 1,5 - 2 mil paying subs left atm quess numbers will be droping faster when the panda's arive.