Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

N00b Awards!

UmbraMortis

Hey ya, I guess I won The N00b Award in this game.. I have a lvl 21 BH and until now i thought my Companion can only wear gear that has thier names on it, ie " Mako's fighter Boots" I was wondering why she never put put alot of dmg or healed any good.. :p i Went and spent all day upgrading her and finally did beat an Gold Elite and had her healing.. Didnt have a scratch on me! :D

Anyone else had any type of experince that can top mines?

My wife played her first charactor from 1-10 without ever visiting a trainer or useing anything beyond her first level abilities. According to her she didnt die and was very careful picking her battles..She was playing bounty hunter.

I accidentally purchased an 8k mount at level 11 because I thought ctlr-right click would show your character riding it.

I bought an orange chest armor from the GTN intending to fill it with mods and give it to Jorgan, then I realised only players can wear orange armors that have "trooper" (for example) as requirement even if the companion is indeed of that class.

Edited by Chomag

I didn't figure out that orange gear had a multiplier for armor/weapons values until about level 40. So an armoring piece that had 80 armor rating, I wrongfully believed would only give 80 armor when slotted into orange gear. I didn't realize there was a multiplier for that kind of thing until after I'd already dumped a couple hundred thousand credits on replacing various blues and purples as I leveled up.

I accidentally purchased an 8k mount at level 11 because I thought ctlr-right click would show your character riding it.

I bought an orange chest armor from the GTN intending to fill it with mods and give it to Jorgan, then I realised only players can wear orange armors that have "trooper" (for example) as requirement even if the companion is indeed of that class.

Hmm that's strange, I've equiped Kaliyo with all the pvp gear at 20. There were two pieces of orange gear as well.

I struggled for like 20 levels with my inventory before finding out that I could craft with items in my bank >.<

Same here :) when the tutorial came up when you first get to the crewskill vendors I ofcourse just closed it right away ;) hehe

I once bought, at the time, a very expensive blaster for that annoying droid to help me on some quests, turned out he couldnt use it, bought the lvl2 speeder before I saw how much PT2 cost and realized I was short around 100k :p

Used 100 fleet commandation on an epic box, It gave me a pair of epic lvl50 boots with cunning, and I'm an Sin and was lvl 30ish at the time :p

And last on my mind is doing the "looking how stuff would look in me" thing and buying it instead :p

I didn't figure out that orange gear had a multiplier for armor/weapons values until about level 40. So an armoring piece that had 80 armor rating, I wrongfully believed would only give 80 armor when slotted into orange gear. I didn't realize there was a multiplier for that kind of thing until after I'd already dumped a couple hundred thousand credits on replacing various blues and purples as I leveled up.

Ok........I'm level 25 & did not know this hahaha!!! Does it say where or how much the multiplier is? As my chest piece still says 36 armour after changing mods etc !!! Thanks ;)

I struggled for like 20 levels with my inventory before finding out that I could craft with items in my bank >.<

Hahahaha, yea same. I mean it wasn't bad, but finally I just threw my biochem stuff in the cargo hold for later. Then I wanted to see if I could use it on the ship and I could..so I tried it out in the world. I jumped for joy!

Thanks for informing me of this, 2 lvl 23's with inventory full of crafting items xD theres probably a lot more stupid stuff I do without knowing, its hard coming and playing this game without playing WoW or a game of sorts. :p

This, but to level 30 or so.

Needless to say, I was pretty happy about the newly opened inventory space.

First day playing the game: I thought you had to keep clicking the reverse engineering button after using it once to use it again.

So when I thought I was reverse engineering my old, crappy lightsaber. I actually equipped it, then proceeded to RE my Sith Warrior's ancient lightsaber (an orange item you get at the end of Korriban) With my pre-order stone inside.

I'm a lot more cautious when it comes to RE things now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.