Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gamespot gives you an 8

Crogga

A little harsh maybe imo. I am never expected it to be completely 'innovative' but the voice acting is definately up there.

Completely agree with the empty world issue though. (never seeing anyone). As well as the corridor levels.) Places like Taris I actually like though.

I don't think they mention it, but other critics have been critical of the terrible lfg mechanism. (which i really think is affected by above)

I want to at least feel like I'm in an MMO or have a way to escape the "soloness" through the flashpoints that isn't a pain in the butt.

Imho if any game needed a dungeon finder this one does. Flame away fanbois.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, when you review an MMO you should not consider things like oh well it just launched let's give it 8/10 instead of 3/10. You should be objective from the very beginning.

That's why the real score should be 3-4/10, by anyone who is NOT paid to give high ratings and who are not total idiots.

I see your point. The thing is that now I'm level 50 I see players all over the place. Ilum, Vaiken station, Belsavis, Tatooine and Dromand Kaas (passed there this morning and saw maybe 40 players in Kaas city...a 1st for me).

While levelling up I remember thinking it was a bit empty but tbh in the last 36hrs it's been chock full imo.

The thing is, when you review an MMO you should not consider things like oh well it just launched let's give it 8/10 instead of 3/10. You should be objective from the very beginning.

That's why the real score should be 3-4/10, by anyone who is NOT paid to give high ratings and who are not total idiots.

So anyone who doesn't agree with your score of 3-4/10 is a total idiot?

I'd give it a 9/10 personally. Call me an idiot :p

I see your point. The thing is that now I'm level 50 I see players all over the place. Ilum, Vaiken station, Belsavis, Tatooine and Dromand Kaas (passed there this morning and saw maybe 40 players in Kaas city...a 1st for me).

While levelling up I remember thinking it was a bit empty but tbh in the last 36hrs it's been chock full imo.

woah 40 players, I can count that many hanging out in SW around the AH.

I think 7.5-8/10 is dead on. Its a good game, still has some bugs, and will likely really grow into itself with some time and a few content updates. I would imagine the devs would agree with this, and so far most review sites seem to think this as well. (except for MSNBC, who gave it game of the year, I think that should have went to Skyrim)

Most people who complain are usually complaining that its not enough like WoW or doesn't have all of WoW's features, like the LFG stuff, or mods etc. Judged on its own, and taking into consideration what its trying to do and is doing now, is in my opinion, where the current crop of 8's are coming from.

All I have to say about Gamespot is Kane and Lynch.

:rolleyes:

Im waiting for the GiantBomb review, they are literally the ONLY gaming review site in the entire world that is not payed off and owned by a coorporate entity, and they are by far the best reviewers/game site out there in terms of quality content aswell. After the Kane and Lynch distaster the crew from Gamespot left to make giantBomb, and they deserve peoples support, stop using sold out garbage sites like gamespot and go support GiantBomb people!

I hate how 8 is considered harsh these days. Anything less than awesome is crap, or what?

I give the game a 6, but I consider 5 to be the line where a game is too boring to be worth wasting time on. What's the point of a 10.0 point scale, if you only use 7-10? 1-6 is reserved for various levels of too broken to even play?

Edited by Vihazur

I think an 8 is generous, it should get a 7.5.

Its an ok game doesnt really do a whole lot of innovating, and has a lot of bugs that made it thru beta to launch.

Fix the bugs and I give it an 8.5.

People on gamespot are nerdraging because it got a lower score than WAR, but in all honesty I had more fun pvping and leveling in WAR than in this game. If WAR had actually had more tiers like the first two, non exploitable keeps and a better loot system it probably would have been solid and still going strong.

Edited by oflow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.