So I married my companion

LoL-K-Noob

I dont know what else a gamer can want. Marriage with an npc already sounds wierd. Do you want to have kids or something with the virtual ai?

@above, if you have multiple romance options open, such as vette and janersa for the sith warrior, w.e her name is, you get confronted by both and are forced to choose, one loses affection in the process and you are locked from romancing them.

Sounds like natural relationship progression to me...

That aside.. be nice for further dialogue. Maybe conversations about upcoming or current missions. Maybe some hints of jealousy along the way. Anything really - it is afterall resembling a 'movie' with cut scenes and conversation or any ongoing TV show or something.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what else a gamer can want. Marriage with an npc already sounds wierd. Do you want to have kids or something with the virtual ai?

@above, if you have multiple romance options open, such as vette and janersa for the sith warrior, w.e her name is, you get confronted by both and are forced to choose, one loses affection in the process and you are locked from romancing them.

Thats strange, both vette and jaesa are at 10k, im done with my story missions, and yet this never happened to me, did I do something wrong?

Edited by Darkened_Might

Now wait 9 months, then you will unlock the true secret companion...Your son/daughter. He or she will then be availble for all your alt's on that said server through the legacy system. Edited by Noxside

Now wait 9 months, then you will unlock the true secret companion...Your son/daughter. He or she will then be availble for all your alt's on that said server through the legacy system.

That would be AWESOME! Jedi could try and keep them away from evil Sith who want to corrupt them, all sorts of really messed-up, soap-opera plot twists (yes Luke, I really am your uncle's best-friend's former college roommate- ) the opportunities would be endless, and the legacy system might even develop a real purpose also

Big thumbs (???) up on this one :)

That would be AWESOME! Jedi could try and keep them away from evil Sith who want to corrupt them, all sorts of really messed-up, soap-opera plot twists (yes Luke, I really am your uncle's best-friend's former college roommate- ) the opportunities would be endless, and the legacy system might even develop a real purpose also

especially the 15 euro times 9 while waiting for stuff..

The fact that nothing happens when you marry your companion doesn't surprise me. Not that I'm complaining, though. This is the sort of thing I expect will be added upon in an expansion. So, once I finally marry Corso, I will focus my attention on gaining affection with my other companions in the meantime.

I think BioWare needs to add something to do at max affection level. Unlock a whole line of story, perhaps? Well, that is something worth doing for the future, I suppose.

May be when there are proper guild housing/base, max affection companion can help unlocking certain features.

Edited by The_Old_One

Since you are in love and married, the stork can bring the little companion babies now.

There will be a lot of mixed race baby joining the rank very soon... There will be nappy vendors opening for business.

I think the characters should allow to have kids: who else to carry the legacy name into the future, like the Skywalkers and Solos. But I suppose there is no rush to implent the baby boom system yet. May be something for the future major update.

Edited by The_Old_One

In other RPGs, including some Bioware ones with nearly identical dialogue/romance systems, once you had achieved relationship status with someone, you could entertain them in your captains quarters, have them dance for you, etc whenever you wanted. So the precedent is there for something more, even from the same developers.

Or you can get a real life relationship???

*Not an insult or a troll, but seriously, is that what we have come to. DSemanding virtual sex with what amounts to a cartoon character???

Well, the amount of grind and effort you put into getting sexy times from MMO npc's are still far less then what you have to go through to actally get a real girl in bed... It's only slightly easier when you have alcohol as your ally (read, roofies). This is to hoping that females will one day be obsolete when it comes to sex!

Just saying...

Oh hell, why not. LOL My one companion is asking me if I want to make little apprentices with him after we got married. Little evil me's.... so much potential. *evil laugh*

The sign on the back of my ship didn't say "Just Married" ... it said "Did it for the XP"...

...and who needs divorce when you have a lightsaber.

Now what??? Thats it? She max affection 10k.

Tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you a sammich.

Other than that nothing, the affection was pointless anyways considering crafts are junk

But that pretty much sums up swtors end game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.