Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

11 days of game time then farewell

DarthPeterNorth

I have an I7 2600k Geforce 560gtx TI

some loading screen can take up to 15-20 second, in most game loading screen usual take 2-3 second. Idk if 15-20 second for you is considered fast(i think its slow)

Man I have i5 2500k @ 3.8, 8GB DDR3, and Dual GTX470s... NOT TO MENTION I have this game on 2 HyperX SSDs in Raid 0 I got from my school (910mb/s read speed............................)

Corellia... Right now... ~40 second load screen.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Be fair. Even WoW has failed since WoW.

No, it really hasn't. Yeah, subscriber numbers have come down a little bit, but that's expected with a 7 year-old MMO. People can only play a game for so long before it loses its appeal. They can blame the expansions and the changes WoW made all they want, but the reality is that WoW has only gotten better over the years. It's their impression of it that has gotten worse simply because they've played it too long.

yes 11 days left and im gone to, mostly cause i dont pay to play a BETA.

will come back once the major "gamebreaking" issues are adressed.

but for now cya in a galaxy far far away ....:p

Hmmm, should I point something out to you. Nah you might figure it out.

Sorry I normally just read these threads and LMAO. It's the same in all MMO's someone is gonna complain about something and threaten to quit or nerd rage in PvP and quit (usually comes back).

The load time in this game is not bad at all.

I run this on a LAPTOP at max settings and FPS, Lag, and Loadtime are 0 issues for me. Does the game have some issues to iron out? Yup it does. Is it a good game? Yup it is and it should only get better as time goes by.

Core i5 Sandy Bridge

6 GB Ram

standard 7200rpm HDD

GT540m 2GB

Edited by Derfburger

I love the game. I just can't stand the loading times for Alderaan, Tatooine and even the Imperial Fleet. I can run other MMORPG with superior graphics without loadings (FF14, Age of Conan).

Hopefully this will be addressed but as an ex-Everquest 2 player i think that the problem will never be addressed since its in the game core engine. Or maybe in some months ill save to buy a i7 2600 with a geforce 590gtx.

No you can't have my stuff, i can return to the game in a while. Have fun guys.

You're going to quit a game you *love* over a loading time. On some of its areas.

I wish this was just trolling.... What are these people thinking? We live in a generation of the spoiled rotten.

Those noobs as you called them are running WOW just fine.

Wow isn't as demanding because it looks like crap in comparison to SWTOR.

"Why should they spend one extra minute trying to make this stupid client work."

You're right, you shouldn't play out of spite. That's ludicrous.. How about, don't then? No one cares if you play or not.

Edited by Boundd

No, it really hasn't. Yeah, subscriber numbers have come down a little bit, but that's expected with a 7 year-old MMO. People can only play a game for so long before it loses its appeal. They can blame the expansions and the changes WoW made all they want, but the reality is that WoW has only gotten better over the years. It's their impression of it that has gotten worse simply because they've played it too long.

The game sucked when dungeons stopped being dungeons and started being octagonal boss hubs. Everything turned into a series of corridors with loot pinatas at the end of each one. They served no logical purpose. They were just there to be the big mean skulking thing that dropped your BiS neckpiece.

No, it wasn't time that made WoW lose its appeal. It was Blizzard's boring approach to dungeon design. It got bad.

I love the game. I just can't stand the loading times for Alderaan, Tatooine and even the Imperial Fleet. I can run other MMORPG with superior graphics without loadings (FF14, Age of Conan).

Hopefully this will be addressed but as an ex-Everquest 2 player i think that the problem will never be addressed since its in the game core engine. Or maybe in some months ill save to buy a i7 2600 with a geforce 590gtx.

No you can't have my stuff, i can return to the game in a while. Have fun guys.

SLI 580 GTX > 590 and I still get graphical lag.

I haev an i7 as well, and great cooling.

Wow isn't as demanding because it looks like crap in comparison to SWTOR.

"Why should they spend one extra minute trying to make this stupid client work."

You're right, you shouldn't play out of spite. That's ludicrous.. How about, don't then? No one cares if you play or not.

WoW's graphics are MUCH better than SW:TOR, especially its character models since it actually has high-res textures.

The way I see it, it's 11 days until the forums can finally get serious discussion threads on the front page, rather than filled with garbage-laden diatribes of people who are dissatisfied and literally can't WAIT to quit.

Here's a protip: If you don't like the game, quit logging in. Quit visiting the forums. Quit depressing yourselves.

Man I have i5 2500k @ 3.8, 8GB DDR3, and Dual GTX470s... NOT TO MENTION I have this game on 2 HyperX SSDs in Raid 0 I got from my school (910mb/s read speed............................)

Corellia... Right now... ~40 second load screen.

Clean cache, defragment HD and remove 80% of start programs.

On my iMac base model I get loading times under 20 sec no matter where I go.

People are such noobs when it comes to basic computer management. I see those posts and laugh because thechnically you're insulting nobody else but yourself lol.

Loving this forums

Edited by LordSatoh