Biochem or cybertech?

Vaspyre

I have a level 40 merc on ven zallow, all of my rl friends are on shii cho so I'm making a commando there. Went with armstech on my merc which is maxed. both cybertech and bio sound great. I have heard rumors of unlimited use bombs with cybertech which may prove useful in many situations on top of the mods. But with bio I can make all kinds of stims, medpacks and the like. Tough choice.

I have a level 40 merc on ven zallow, all of my rl friends are on shii cho so I'm making a commando there. Went with armstech on my merc which is maxed. both cybertech and bio sound great. I have heard rumors of unlimited use bombs with cybertech which may prove useful in many situations on top of the mods. But with bio I can make all kinds of stims, medpacks and the like. Tough choice.

Biochem if you plan on PvPing.

I'm all about pvp which is why I dont want to goto a pve server but I find myself in warzones mostly. How are the cybertech bombs tho?

Honestly, I don't know much about Cybertech, but I've never seen anyone using bombs in all my time of PvPing. So I can't help there.

I went cybertech. I'm happy with my choice because of the sweet ship upgrades, ear pieces and being able to keep my orange gear top notch. I'm also able to keep my guild geared up as well.

However: Biochem is by far the best crew skill. Consumables are absurdly powerful right now and I have to believe that they will be nerfed in the near future.

Edit: Oh yeah, I have yet to make a bomb as cybertech. Unless you have an absurd amount of leftover mats (which I never do), I can't see it being worth it since each recipe only makes 1 bomb.

Edited by Picklefinger

I went cybertech. I'm happy with my choice because of the sweet ship upgrades, ear pieces and being able to keep my orange gear top notch. I'm also able to keep my guild geared up as well.

However: Biochem is by far the best crew skill. Consumables are absurdly powerful right now and I have to believe that they will be nerfed in the near future.

Edit: Oh yeah, I have yet to make a bomb as cybertech. Unless you have an absurd amount of leftover mats (which I never do), I can't see it being worth it since each recipe only makes 1 bomb.

last tier makes a reusable one *grin* good for pve; pvp meh

Reusable bombs that can crit and stun or snare or root... so good. Cybertech is definitely the way to go for leveling. Biochem will give you a reusable medkit for roughly 8k healing, a great stim that lasts through death and adrenals which makes you a pretty rough target to fight in PvP.

So pick your fancy.

Biochem hands down.

The grenades cd on the epic ones is to high, you get plenty of damage abilities already.

Bio gives you what you lack, some decent instant healing, main stat buffs and 15 sec stims with insane bonuses and a managable 3 min cd.

Besides, Implants sell really well on the GTN. At least on my server.

I went cyber mainly due to the fact I forsee a major nerf coming toward the bio side, didn't want to get hooked on those stims and go through withdrawel later :)

EDIT

Biochem hands down.

The grenades cd on the epic ones is to high, you get plenty of damage abilities already.

Bio gives you what you lack, some decent instant healing, main stat buffs and 15 sec stims with insane bonuses and a managable 3 min cd.

Besides, Implants sell really well on the GTN. At least on my server.

and as far as the nades it's not the dmg thats great about em it's the stuns that on some mobs are more effective than class stuns rupts. With a good cycle it's extremely rewarding.

EDIT EDIT and as far as another self heal ability if I need a 4th self heal then obviously I'm stealing too much aggro from the tank

Edited by BMBender