The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where does the auto generated for sale price come from?

Chiricahua

When you place an item for sale on the kiosk. Is it the same as the face value if you sold it to a vendor, or it the last price sold for that identical item?

On another note, does anyone else think that the deposit amount is a little steep?

I am pretty sure it is not vendor price. I don't think it's the last item sold price either. Not sure where they got the numbers from.

I don't think the deposit amount is too steep. I mean you get it back when you sell the item and it is based on the length of time you want to list an item.

Deposits are set as follows:

6hrs: 5%

12hrs: 10%

1 day: 13%

2 day: 15%

When you place an item for sale on the kiosk. Is it the same as the face value if you sold it to a vendor, or it the last price sold for that identical item?

On another note, does anyone else think that the deposit amount is a little steep?

I can tell you for sure that it is NOT the same price as if you would sell it to a vendor. Vendors are cheapasses and will give you next to nothing for items.

I always just figured that whatever price it appears on the AH, that is the face value of said item that BW has auto assigned on it based on the stats of said item.

Sometimes its too expensive, sometimes its too cheap.

I usually research the item Im selling, and see what they're going for.

If its crafted material, say crystals, they are usually way under price. They want me to sell an advance Yellow Critical Crystal for a lvl 17 for 200 creds or something close.

That is NOT going to happen. It costs almost almost 1k or 1500 even just to get the materials to make the crystal!

In my experience vendors buy equipment off you for about 10% of the automatic price that the GTN sticks on it. I quickly realised to be very selective as to which equipment i should use as to not bind stuff to myself unnecessarily, otherwise i would only be able to sell it to a vendor when i have no use for it and get totally ripped off.

Deposit is there t kdep someone from attempting to buy up thousands of items and resell them to fix pricew. To do this they would have to pay out a growing investment that soon deters this behavior.

Ok, that makes some sense. I wonder though...for the typical average player, shouldn't there be some penalty for items that don't sell, as well. I mean, if I post an item, pay the deposit, but it doesn't sell...shouldn't the GTN take 10% (for example) of that deposit as a penalty? "Penalty" is the wrong word of course...I mean simply, the cost-of-doing-business.

Edited by photoheathen

I feel that far too many things cost way too much, GTN deposit being one of them. Everything that costs credits in the game seriously needs to be looked into and balanced out. Especially the cost for removing mods in gear, 3-5k a pop at level 25 is painfully expensive for a casual player. It is almost as though this game was designed specifically for the power player that plays 20 hours a day (yeah, I over emphasize this last sentence a bit, but still.. I played for 3 hours last night and only made 8,000 credits - which was eaten up by removing two mods = no will to play). Edited by Zebular

Good question.

On a rank 16 blue armor mod it suggest like 4700. But on the same rank might mod it suggest 1700. They require the exact same materials to make and have the exact same required level.

The whole GTN ui needs reworked...but we all already know that.

I feel that far too many things cost way too much, GTN deposit being one of them. Everything that costs credits in the game seriously needs to be looked into and balanced out. Especially the cost for removing mods in gear, 3-5k a pop at level 25 is painfully expensive for a casual player. It is almost as though this game was designed specifically for the power player that plays 20 hours a day.

The prices on things really aren't unreasonable. The problem is that you're thinking of credits as being individually much more valuable than they are because we're being forced to deal with large numbers.

It's tough to figure out values because the economy isn't even a month old right now, but thinking of a credit as being worth 1 copper in other RPGs really helps put things in perspective. That is, 1,000 credits would equal one gold coin. 100 would equal 1 silver. Paying 48g for riding training a mount doesn't sound nearly so ominous as paying 48,000 credits for a speeder and pilot license, does it?

Good question.

On a rank 16 blue armor mod it suggest like 4700. But on the same rank might mod it suggest 1700. They require the exact same materials to make and have the exact same required level.

The whole GTN ui needs reworked...but we all already know that.

An armoring plays a very different role on gear as it actually raises the item level, as does a hilt or barrel. It's easy to understand why they'd be more expensive than a mod, color crystal, enhancement, or augment.

So far it looks like nobody really know were the auto-generated price comes from. Is it auto calculated somehow based on availability/demand?

For sure it is not vendor price as I had items listed that sold at 23k which is something a vendor will not give for an item.

Would be nice to know although ....