dead planets everyhwere but server capacity limited.

thanatas

Hi there im curious about the dead (empty ) planets everywhere even on full servers.

Did you design the world too big ? how can this be avoided. i feel like playing single player in some areas there are about like only 10 people.

is there a way to increase server capacity ? i dont understand how most servers got queue but have so much dead area

wait a few weeks when most have reached 50...then ALL planets will be dead..and those who reroll will probably be less than the ones started the game..so get used to it..

Wow I never thought of this... Jeez the planets really will be dead then!!

I wonder about this issue as well. There's either too few players or too many servers. I'm on a "heavy" server, and Nar Shaddaa usually has about 30 people on it.

Another thing I wonder about: I happened to create my characters on an "unofficial" Australian server (WHOOPS). When/if Oceanic servers come on line, 90% of the people on my server are gone. Then, will I be stuck with toons on a desolate wasteland, in which I've "invested" hundreds of hours? As the younglings say (do they still?), "that would be gay."

:wea_03: Lightsaber!

That's what happens when you design servers with a max of around 2,000 concurrent users. Probably half of those are now on the republic/sith fleets, doing flashpoints, or doing PvP. Spread 1,000 people across 2 factions across all the worlds available and you soon spread them pretty thin. Add in no global communications etc... gets even worse.

I agree... was a problem from the start i guess. I have to say, I enjoyed leveling with quests and flashpoints but basically never encountered any imp in the contested territories. And it was really funny to be almost all the time alone with npcs.... Didnt really feel like an MMO at all.

As for flashpoints, its difficult to find people, and its time consuming as well. But its not impossible. I am not in favor or against LFG tools. In a sense, it could be part of the community experience to look for people to play with. At least it also gives a chance to chat a little with people before engaging with them in 30 min or more quests.

I thought it was because the game is new and bla bla bla. But then, when I finally decided, ok i'm ready to try pvp in battlegrounds.... Lets see how the combat experience is in this MMO. Well, I cant really find any reason to justify in any way the developpers. First, every level combat together. Why? And wont take for good any "the game is new" answer. I think this is a game design issue, which should have been solved before launch. And second, access to the battlegrounds is a bit confusing, and I dont understand if you can actually choose where to fight. For now, I have basically been appointed randomly to battlegrounds.

there is also the character instancing so some people may be there but in a diferent planetary instance.

not seen any dead ones yet myself, but im on a busy server

Just because people are in diffrent instance dosnt mean they dosnt show up when you check whos in zone, the number in the upper left corner is correct, it see the people for all instances of that zone.

Honestly I love Swtor, But I seriously have to question theyr servers capacity, from what I see it can't possibly be more then 3k concurrent users tops.

That's what happens when you design servers with a max of around 2,000 concurrent users. Probably half of those are now on the republic/sith fleets, doing flashpoints, or doing PvP. Spread 1,000 people across 2 factions across all the worlds available and you soon spread them pretty thin. Add in no global communications etc... gets even worse.

Server CAP is around 4000 players currently. I counted myself last night on a full server without waiting time. Got 3500 players but i do not know a way how to properly count the lvl 50 players as a "who 50" only gives you 100 players at max. So the numbers added up on both sides where 3524 players with only 100 lvl 50 for each side counted. So i would assume at least 3800 to 3900 players as both sides (imp/rep) had more than 100 lvl 50 online.

You say that as if it's not true of any MMO (excluding obvious exceptions, like EVE). Go roll a new character on WoW and you'll be doing most of the content solo without seeing a soul.

Not to mention 1.5k concurrent users is par the course for a server on any game.

That said, I'm always seeing people. Don't know what you guys are doing to always be by yourself.

It's a shame that the planets do seem so quiet and I presume it's due to the phasing on servers.

It has more the feel of a game where the majority are already at max and it's just quiet because less people are levelling alts. So when that time does come it's going to be mega dead. Or maybe later they'll stop phasing so much.

I'm on juyo and there are people all over the place.

At least 1-2 people trying to get the same mobs we are for quests. 150+ people in the fleet at any one time. It's been like that since a couple days after official release and increasing.