For all those that consider themselves hardcore raiders from wow.

Barracudastr

Having addons and meters of every type you can have does not make you a hardcore raider.

Your basically reading directions on the screen from addons and moving.

Complaining about swtor's lack of info on boss's and stuff is silly, without all the prompts and extra crap it makes them more engaging and difficult in my book. your team has to learn and do the fight not just turn on an addon and follow the on screen prompts lol.

I hope swtors raiding/endgame hard modes does not turn into what wow was because that is not hardcore, thats kiddie raiding.

That is all.

Having addons and meters of every type you can have does not make you a hardcore raider.

Complaining about swtor's lack of info on boss's and stuff is silly, without all the prompts and extra crap it makes them more engaging and difficult in my book. your team has to learn and do the fight not just turn on an addon and follow the on screen prompts lol.

I hope swtors raiding/endgame hard modes does not turn into what wow was because that is not hardcore, thats kiddie raiding.

That is all.

addons =! hardcore

addons = help for certain things

that is all

That is all.

Couldnt disagree more, to sit there and say a guild like Nsidia have no skill is laughable at best, and if you watch there videos you will see nothing but buckets of skill oozing from all there macro's addons etc. now i understand why some people see a 1 button macro does all from rift being brainless, but to say wow's addons/macro system is fail is a joke, go watch a live stream of neilyo doing ranked arena with his few addons/macro's, the guy is a walking god when it comes to skill and no im not a wow player i stopped playing years ago, im just realistic. being able to drive a manual car doesnt mean you are a better driver then michael schumacher driving an automatic.

Edited by Ishikur

Couldnt disagree more, to sit there and say a guild like Nsidia have no skill is laughable at best, and if you watch there videos you will see nothing but buckets of skill oozing from all there macro's addons etc. now i understand why some people see a 1 button macro does all from rift being brainless, but to say wow's addons/macro system is fail is a joke, go watch a live stream of neilyo doing ranked arena with his few addons/macro's, the guy is a walking god when it comes to skill and no im not a wow player i stopped playing years ago, im just realistic. being able to drive a manual car doesnt mean you are a better driver then michael schumacher driving an automatic.

So a addon telling you where to move when to move and when to interrupt is skill?

Think you took my post out of context m8. I didn't talk about pvp at all nor did I state that people using addons aren't skilled. And I said nothing about macros lol.

I simply implied having a addon tell you how to do everything in a raid does not make it hardcore.

Edited by Barracudastr

So a addon telling you where to move when to move and when to interrupt is skill?

Think you took my post out of context m8. I didn't talk about pvp at all nor did I state that people using addons aren't skilled. And I said nothing about macros lol.

I simply implied having a addon tell you how to do everything in a raid does not make it hardcore.

Fair enough, but i never met a hardcore pve'er or watched one for that matter who doesnt use the tools that can and will make him perform better.

I was in a guild that would boot you if your isp sucked, would boot you if you made the same mistake to many times, boot you if you did not attend 90% of the raids, and i was the tank and let me tell you i got yelled at over and over and raged upon.

addons were mandatory because if your a dps and your not pulling your weight guess what, booted from the guild, heals per second sucked, booted, inactive time, booted.

we wiped on raid bosses for hours and hours and hours, people literally passed out from trying to be the 1st guild on a server to finish a raid.

and guess what it was very fun.

50DKP MINUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no i did not resort to wearing a diaper like some people did.

Edited by haluo

That is all.

Post is fallacious hyperbole. Not all mods are DBM.

I was in a guild that would boot you if your isp sucked, would boot you if you made the same mistake to many times, boot you if you did not attend 90% of the raids, and i was the tank and let me tell you i got yelled at over and over and raged upon.

addons were mandatory because if your a dps and your not pulling your weight guess what, booted from the guild, heals per second sucked, booted, inactive time, booted.

we wiped raid bosses for hours and hours and hours, people literally passed out from trying to be the 1st guild on a server to finish a raid.

i guess that is why you wiped for hours "trying" to get number 1, you being the tank, not using tools to up your game, ah i get it. lul

when raid encounters are designed under the assumption that most players are running x, y, and z addons, it's all a moot point.

I'd just like to be able to move my action bars around and maybe know who's doing the most/least dps in a group.

Fair enough, but i never met a hardcore pve'er or watched one for that matter who doesnt use the tools that can and will make him perform better.

I get dps meters and such to maximize your dps performance or healing/tanking.

What I dont get is the addons like DBM.

Think about Dragon Soul.... Not even the first week Normal mode was down 8/8 by the most casual of guilds.

Heroic is released and not even a month after its already beat.

Had they not had something like DBM do you think they would have progressed so quickly?

I am saying I hope we never see something like that in swtor that dumbs down the content to the point where you just have to follow an addons built in instructions to be successful.

I did both PvP and PvE in wow without addons, and I was pretty damn good tbh.

we wiped on raid bosses for hours and hours and hours, people literally passed out from trying to be the 1st guild on a server to finish a raid.

50DKP MINUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you describe does not sound like fun. Do you want us all to experience this kind of ridiculous elitism?

Beating the raid makes you hard core. Whether you used addons or not is irrelevant, assuming there was no automation, which there isn't in WoW.

I get dps meters and such to maximize your dps performance or healing/tanking.

What I dont get is the addons like DBM.

Think about Dragon Soul.... Not even the first week Normal mode was down 8/8 by the most casual of guilds.

Heroic is released and not even a month after its already beat.

Had they not had something like DBM do you think they would have progressed so quickly?

I am saying I hope we never see something like that in swtor that dumbs down the content to the point where you just have to follow an addons built in instructions to be successful.

Yup i agree, i hope they make content in swtor extremly hard but ya know what, they wont, welcome to casual mmo times, good old sunwell "with" all the fancy addons, now that was fun!

I did both PvP and PvE in wow without addons, and I was pretty damn good tbh.

hey if you are a skilled player you are skilled, im not taking that away from you, just ment that if you for example had used addons to up your game you would have done even better, thats all.