So I just got to 50.. and now....

Drekko

Kind of lost motivation to grind all the dailies every day and pvp to gear up

I loved the story and everything and leveling up was great.. But now Ive kind of lost a bit of motivation to gear up

I didnt expect this, I was all for gearing/flashpoints/raiding. But now I feel I just cant be bothered..

Maybe all those years raiding in wow has shattered my tolerance of the endgame patience you need for an MMO

Might try just make an alt and leveling another character or something

Just wondering if there has been anyone else out there that feels like this? Like they were really energized into the game, now once the've hit 50 their motivation to put all that hard work into gearing has plateaued

New game, being 50 at the beginning sucks.

This game is more about the leveling experience with less thought on end game content and shows dramatically. Flashpoints / raids way too easy and Ilum sucks. It could change in the future and most likely will.

I guess you just have to wait it out. I usually do my pvp dailies then jump on an alt or log.

Edited by FuzzyMuffins

yeah and considersing all the "super hard endgame" stuff has already been beaten by a few guilds makes me wonder if the game is going to have the replay value of "the other game i shall not name"

two weeks into the game and everything has been cleared

yeah and considersing all the "super hard endgame" stuff has already been beaten by a few guilds makes me wonder if the game is going to have the replay value of "the other game i shall not name"

Why do you care about OTHER people? The PVE content is so good yet you don't even want to try because someone else did it. Ridiculous

No I'm 50 and I'm loving it. You're thinking too hard or never really enjoyed MMO's.

Well its definently not the 2nd thing you said ;)

As I said I played wow for soo long, at least 5 - 6 years

That hints I enjoy mmos lol

Everything is a handful of flash points/operations. The game is new, content will be added.

i saved a TON of content for my jedi to go back through when i'm done leveling. (THINK: Bonus Series Missions) not to mention i really wanna see what they do with the legacy system.

also PVP will be something i do on a regular basis as well. raids i may get in on to. in fact i got this long list of crap i wanna do when i'm 50 and by that time more content should have rolled in.

hell on tantooine i haven't even revealed half the map lol

Edited by chrisftw

I loved the story and everything and leveling up was great.. But now Ive kind of lost a bit of motivation to gear up

I didnt expect this, I was all for gearing/flashpoints/raiding. But now I feel I just cant be bothered..

Maybe all those years raiding in wow has shattered my tolerance of the endgame patience you need for an MMO

Just wondering if there has been anyone else out there that feels like this? Like they were really energized into the game, now once the've hit 50 their motivation to put all that hard work into gearing has plateaued

Pretty much exactly what happened to me. I got to 50 within the hour I was back on Hutta leveling again lol. I'm seriously burnt out on raiding and all that goes along with it, it's just super pointless. And the gear grind is a carrot I can do without, it's what killed Rift for me. I have enough fun leveling up in SWTOR that I'm going back through and will again and probably again after that. I haven't even touched the Republic side of things yet.

Why do you care about OTHER people? The PVE content is so good yet you don't even want to try because someone else did it. Ridiculous

That's not the point, the point is if someone is a hardcore raider it is all about competition. If Guilds clear the end game content in 1 - 2 weeks, motivation is lost and most raiders move on to other games only returning to clear the raid every wed. the PvE content.. Leveling is real good, the end game content is just too easy. Unless your or have been a hardcore raider you do not understand.

HUH??? your reading wayyy to much into my post dude. Did I say I was not going to level up to 50?? no, did i say I was not going to try end game raidiing, no.

I simply said, all the endgame content has already been beat withing 2 weeks of the launch by a few guilds, which worries me that the replay value of this game may not be there.

just calm down dude, seriously please, anger is the path of the darkside.

HUH??? your reading wayyy to much into my post dude. Did I say I was not going to level up to 50?? no, did i say I was not going to try end game raidiing, no.

I simply said, all the endgame content has already been beat withing 2 weeks of the launch by a few guilds, which worries me that the replay value of this game may not be there.

just calm down dude, seriously please, anger is the path of the darkside.

It's still an idiotic conclusion, no offense. All of the nightmare content hasn't been cleared. Killing normal endgame content 2 weeks of launch is standard.

I'm just tired of all of the moaning on these forums over the most ridiculous things. You played WoW for so many years yet you're compelled to make a post about an MMO end game.

I think these threads are really unnecessary and just add to to this negative vibe going around for the dumbest reasons.

and how much time into Cata for WoW before everything was cleared?

I crit that argument for 10,000 and it is defeated.

Will people please stop using that greasy paper thin crap? This game has its issues I admit but if you want to point fingers do it where it matters.

It's still an idiotic conclusion, no offense. All of the nightmare content hasn't been cleared. Killing normal endgame content 2 weeks of launch is standard.

I'm just tired of all of the moaning on these forums over the most ridiculous things. You played WoW for so many years yet you're compelled to make a post about an MMO end game.

I think these threads are really unnecessary and just add to to this negative vibe going around for the dumbest reasons.

exuse me?? now your calling me an idiot and saying i played wow for so many years, i never said i played wow at all.

just calm down dude, please. just because someone does not agree with you does not mean you should resort to name calling.

you grew out of theme park mmos, its too bad that you did this so late because every new mmo is like this it seems.

I completely agree. I really love the game and the enjoyment I get will be from leveling through the stories of all the classes for the next 4-6 months. However, end game stuff does not appeal to me at all anymore for some reason.

Having the capability to do something like looking for raid in WoW and completing the entire raid in a night made me realize that getting the "story" or "content" of doing the raid, as I previously thought was the purpose of doing raids, really didn't mean anything at all. It's just pointless work for no particular reason, especially if you are doing it more than once. All you are doing is getting better gear to make it "easier" to do the hardmode stuff that you want to do, again for no particular reason

Not so much a criticism of the game, more that you(OP) and I have pretty much just outgrown the same old MMO story. Create char, level char, make character better.

The real fun is in socializing in any MMO. Think about any game you've played and consider how much time you spend just standing around doing nothing just because it meant you were stuck in town talking to someone

I feel ya, it's not the games fault but ive made several alts, got like 4 of them over lvl 25 for mount, got my main to lvl 36 now? i forget but i just havent the motivation to do the quests anymore, its just a big old grindfest all over again, i made 10 chars in wow ( all class) to max lvl pre cata and i done same in aoc ( all class's maxed) im an altwhore yes, but i just feel like im at the end of my wick trying to level up again.

anyways we are both the same but different circumstances, you have no desire at 50 to do all the stuff id be happy to do, im stuck at leveling having no desire to do that.. haha the irony

Sorry it has been cleared and even Rift's end game was.. Hard. The most recent dungeon took almost a month for the top guilds to clear. The first 2 took almost the same amount of time.

Why does anyone who says anything automatically assumed to have been a WoW player?

How are you supposed to aspire to something that isn't challenging?

90% of my motivation in Wow was knowing end game was really hard because nothing before that was...MMO end game is not meant to be something you just experience and walk away.

It should have taken guilds 3 months to clear the final raid on the highest difficulty if things were tuned right...

No way I am grinding to 50 to walk through the last Ops like its the first Flashpoint...thats not motivating at all...

What now? Why, now you chase the gear carrot! Be a good little drone and go chase the gear carrot, you rube. That's right, chase it and pay us for the privilege to do so while we tell you that it's genuine "content" which is worth your money.

Same old story for a decade now. All there is to do after max level is make another character and repeat the process until you've consumed all the actual content you care to consume.