The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are you serious with this "big" patch

Starglide

There should be one of these every week or every other. This is ridiculous how all this patch does is help me realize there are MORE bugs than the ones breaking the game.

Abilities do not execute, certain key binds still don't work and imaginary animations are occurring (apparently) so I have to spam my abilities before I laggily watch them get off.

I WAITED FIVE YEARS FOR THIS GAME.... and defended this game against the QQ all the way until now. We have pompous community managers acting like they are the second coming of Christ when you all FAILED TO LISTEN. There should have been high level toons for testing in beta and if you were going to copy successful MMOs, don't take their problems along with it.

Stop concentrating on leveling garbage as every MMO that fails, fails due to lack of END GAME CONTENT. Everything that is dealt with post level 50 is incredibly BROKEN.

Please release patches and make this game RESPONSIVE and SMOOTH among ALL. It is making everything un-enjoyable. This isn't even mentioning my complaint as to how slow 1.5 GCD feels. Let alone the way the GCD communicates with the server is incredible sloppy and laggy.

No real world ranked guild, including the one I came from, IS or WILL take this game seriously until you fix these PREVAILING issues.

I said this to Magid when I went to the city to discuss this in person. Why aren't you guys listening. THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY right now should not be NEW CONTENT. It should be FIXING the content YOU HAVE. Its not WHAT YOU DO, its HOW YOU DO IT. Right now it is jack of all trades master of none. The leveling experience is great but that isn't what makes an MMO.

You guys are getting too big for your bridges and have to stop thinking the community is idiotic and start listening. Stop comparing the game to WoW's state 7 years ago and understand the genre has evolved and no one is going to settle for choppy, unresponsive half-finished implementations.

P.S. Answer my ticket I opened FIVE DAYS AGO.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude.

I completely agree with you, spells not working, animations not displaying correctly, HELL EVEN INTERRUPTS ARENT WORKING CAUSE THE ANIMATIONS DONT STOP!!

Does this annoy the **** out of me? YES!

Are they going to fix it?!

YES!

IS TRUE END GAME OUT YET?

NO!

DO I LET IT RUIN MY EXPERIENCE?

NO!

Dude u have to relax. They will fix everything (or most) in due time. *********** enjoy the game for what it is. I hear you, I agree with you, but this has been the most successful launch of an mmorpg in a long *** time, if not ever.

And im sure if they dont fix it, im out! They know this, they are working on it, and especially to the end game crowd like us, if they dont do anything, we will be gone.

Edited by zibiznik

Do you realize how large and complicated these programs are? Take a game like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, widely considered one of the best games of all time.

On it's release, Oblivion had *hundreds* of bugs in it. Some of them game-breaking. Years later, there are *still* several dozen bugs in it despite the developers' best efforts.

Alright, so apparently my posts were a bit out of line.

I guess all I want to say really, is that I agree with OP, focusing on end game would seem like a good idea now, most people are starting to hit 50 and the whine will only increase.

Do you realize how large and complicated these programs are? Take a game like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, widely considered one of the best games of all time.

On it's release, Oblivion had *hundreds* of bugs in it. Some of them game-breaking. Years later, there are *still* several dozen bugs in it despite the developers' best efforts.

I think there are a lot more than several dozen. From my experience with Oblivion, there are still hundreds of bugs in the game, and that is in it's vanilla state. When you start putting in mods though, watch out! There is probably one bug every 5 minutes of gameplay if you don't know exactly what you are doing...like me. :)

OP, give it time. This game has only been out officially for 18 days. You say stop comparing it to other games, bug what people do need to do is give it the same leniency the others have. I'm certain every other MMO at launch had tons of bugs.

As far as this character delay everyone is talking about, stop complaining about it and learn to work with it. You know what my groups always did against bosses who had a nearly immediate cast on something we wanted to interrupt? We designated one person to sit back and only interrupt. Maybe you should try that? If you are talking for PvP, maybe you should just adjust your skills to work for you rather than complaining about something holding you back.

You want to have no character delay? Go play Gunz, I can tell you from experience that you will find that game perfect...aside from the fact that you are pretty much pressing a minimum of 15 keys every second just to be moderately decent.

There should be one of these every week or every other. This is ridiculous how all this patch does is help me realize there are MORE bugs than the ones breaking the game.

Abilities do not execute, certain key binds still don't work and imaginary animations are occurring (apparently) so I have to spam my abilities before I laggily watch them get off.

I WAITED FIVE YEARS FOR THIS GAME.... and defended this game against the QQ all the way until now. We have pompous community managers acting like they are the second coming of Christ when you all FAILED TO LISTEN. There should have been high level toons for testing in beta and if you were going to copy successful MMOs, don't take their problems along with it.

Stop concentrating on leveling garbage as every MMO that fails, fails due to lack of END GAME CONTENT. Everything that is dealt with post level 50 is incredibly BROKEN.

Please release patches and make this game RESPONSIVE and SMOOTH among ALL. It is making everything un-enjoyable. This isn't even mentioning my complaint as to how slow 1.5 GCD feels. Let alone the way the GCD communicates with the server is incredible sloppy and laggy.

No real world ranked guild, including the one I came from, IS or WILL take this game seriously until you fix these PREVAILING issues.

I said this to Magid when I went to the city to discuss this in person. Why aren't you guys listening. THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY right now should not be NEW CONTENT. It should be FIXING the content YOU HAVE. Its not WHAT YOU DO, its HOW YOU DO IT. Right now it is jack of all trades master of none. The leveling experience is great but that isn't what makes an MMO.

You guys are getting too big for your bridges and have to stop thinking the community is idiotic and start listening. Stop comparing the game to WoW's state 7 years ago and understand the genre has evolved and no one is going to settle for choppy, unresponsive half-finished implementations.

P.S. Answer my ticket I opened FIVE DAYS AGO.

Glad you're here. I can't type out something like this lol.

Big Bugs require more than a day to fix so they dont break more code.

They need to add new endgame content and fix pvp for the 50's so they dont get bored and quit.

Big patches alwas take a few weeks to get going because they dont want the patch to break anything else! Also, it takes awhile.

Some of these replies are laughable. I am worried about the game.

Stop saying "They will fix it". The game shouldn't have been released with this.

Did you know that TOR is planning to loose over 20% of subs on top of the "normal" sub drops from post free 30 days?

Pay attention to what is going on.

Some of these replies are laughable. I am worried about the game.

Stop saying "They will fix it". The game shouldn't have been released with this.

Did you know that TOR is planning to loose over 20% of subs on top of the "normal" sub drops from post free 30 days?

Pay attention to what is going on.

You realize no MMO in the history of MMOs has ever been released without bugs, both major and minor. If you wait til every single bug is fixed, you will never release the game.

Also, where is this 20% coming from? source please?

You realize no MMO in the history of MMOs has ever been released without bugs, both major and minor. If you wait til every single bug is fixed, you will never release the game.

Also, where is this 20% coming from? source please?

we as consumers need to stop accepting this crap and they woudl stop releasing this crap. just cause it happened before isnt an excuse. quit being a fanboi and demand better products.

we as consumers need to stop accepting this crap and they woudl stop releasing this crap. just cause it happened before isnt an excuse. quit being a fanboi and demand better products.

Its not crap for everyone. I am having a lot of fun. Its only bothersome to people who rushed to a non-existant end game. Every MMO releases with no end game. Its just how things work. LOTRO launched without a single raid. Not just that it launched with a lvl cap of 50 but only skills up to 30. It took a year almost to get my hunter his lvl 50 skills. End game is harder to code and harder to keep from bugs. Leveling is what 90% of people are doing right now so thats what they polished first.

Also Id love to know what the OP's ticket he submitted was about. I bet its something a GM cannot even fix. Thats normally how it goes when they dont tell you what the ticket was.

The bugs never entirely go away in MMORPGs, kids. Get used to it.

Bugs never entirely go away in standalone games because eventually the mucky mucks in the expensive business suits force the developers to stop putting out patches.

In an MMORPG, the development never ends, but because they periodically add new content, new bugs keep getting introduced as the old ones get quashed, and some never really get fixed (or don't get fixed for a very long time) just because it would take too much manpower to fix.