GTN Terminals- There aren't enough

TheNevet

I guess this is the closest forum we have to anything regarding the economy. I tried putting this in the general discussion thread but it was, of course, buried onto page two from whining threads within a minute.

Anyway...

We need more Galactic Trade Network kiosks placed throughout the game world. There simply are not enough of them. I should not have to get into my ship and fly to another planet just to use one of these terminals. It's Star Wars, the holonet is everywhere. Even on the most backwater planets of all.

At the very least there should be one near every taxi terminal.

Edited by TheNevet

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree! the market suffers enough as it is, and forcing players to find the GTN (if it's even available at your planet.. looking at you alderaan!) just makes it that much worse. fixing the GTN and making it more accessible to everyone is one of the most important things that needs to be implemented, in my not at all humble opinion.

I guess this is the closest forum we have to anything regarding the economy. I tried putting this in the general discussion thread but it was, of course, buried onto page two from whining threads within a minute.

Anyway...

We need more Galactic Trade Network kiosks placed throughout the game world. There simply are not enough of them. I should not have to get into my ship and fly to another planet just to use one of these terminals. It's Star Wars, the holonet is everywhere. Even on the most backwater planets of all.

At the very least there should be one near every taxi terminal.

Wherever there's a market? That's a good bare minimum. Where there's a taxi is more of an upper maximum of where you can put them and not be completely ridiculous. It's still a good idea, though.

Actually, I want a gtn some where else other than on the main station. It gets so laggy in there due to comp lag and normal internet lag. It's like ogrimmar on Illidan, but you can always go to the back ah and avoid 100-150 people by the front ah in wow. I can imagine just going to the gtn terminals is a real problem for people with not so great computers or internet.

That's why you always see at least some people in silvermoon due lag free and easy on the comp for the ah browsing in wow.

Edited by Knockerz

Wherever there's a market? That's a good bare minimum. Where there's a taxi is more of an upper maximum of where you can put them and not be completely ridiculous. It's still a good idea, though.

Sometimes I log on my alt just to brows GTN on Imperial Station.

Might make another alt to keep an eye on GTN on Nar Shadaa.

Bioware wants you to visit the fleet by removing GTN in other planets. This is also to make up for their lack of global LFG channel or LFG tool.

They need to make it easier to get there and then back to where we're questing then.

Run to spaceyard, get into shuttle, fly to spacestation, run to personal spaceship, fly to Fleet, run to GTN

That's a massive chunk of time.

They need to make it easier to get there and then back to where we're questing then.

Run to spaceyard, get into shuttle, fly to spacestation, run to personal spaceship, fly to Fleet, run to GTN

You can but fleet transports for 1k creds.

If you could choose 3 places where to add a GTN for your faction, which would those be?

1. My ship.

2. Illum (by the entrance to flashpoints, like literally inches away)

3. My droid companion, 2V-R8.

Not realistic if developers are attempting to heard playing into a particular location, I know, but a woman can dream can't she?

EDIT: 1 more: All the cantinas. I'd like to hang out there and browse the market. Even the vaiken spacedock cantina.

Edited by Suzina

They don't necessarily need to be at every quest hub/taxi station, but maybe at the spaceports of each planet. At least that way I can quick travel to that hub.

A bigger time-saver would be adding some basic filtering to the GTN search options, specifically:

1) Filter by item slot

2) "Usable items only" checkbox (to exclude schematics I already know, gear with level/alignment restrictions I don't meet, etc)

3) Filter by level range

1. My ship.

2. Illum (by the entrance to flashpoints, like literally inches away)

3. My droid companion, 2V-R8.

Not realistic if developers are attempting to heard playing into a particular location, I know, but a woman can dream can't she?

EDIT: 1 more: All the cantinas. I'd like to hang out there and browse the market. Even the vaiken spacedock cantina.

Ship is a good idea, seems like something that would be realistic? Along with a mailbox on your ship :p

Yeah, we're just THAT lazy.

QFT - This is the main issue for me getting to the space station to use GTN or Crew Skill Trainers.

If you could choose 3 places where to add a GTN for your faction, which would those be?

Why only three more places? If at least we knew the strategy or reasons for the limited number of GTN's, we would understand and appreciate the system as it is, and give advice based on those circumstances. But all we know today is that the number is severely limited, they are usually a fair bit away from the spaceports, and rarely show up on the map even if you have the GTN checked on it. Crafting and economy suffers because it seems the /vast/ majority of the players can't be arsed to go so far out of their way to reach them, and for us that does its a time consuming effort that seems to be forced on us for no apparant reason.

If you guys /really/ want to improve on this according to our needs and wishes, don't ask for three places, just place one at each market area, each spaceport, and a select couple of remote taxi stations on each planet. Give us accessibility and GTN's will be very much more used, making player to player market interaction booming, with increased value to crafting as a whole as a result.

As to the strategy behind the present low number of GTN's, we can only speculate. If the goal is to herd players to certain hubs, its not working, because people don't flock around these few spots. Instead they ignore them. If the reason is more because of system resources, database access lag or whatever, then I vote that its worth putting some extra resources into supporting more GTN's, even if I had to pay another euro per month for it.

More info please!

I'd agree with putting at least one terminal in every spaceport, or at least the market relatively near the spaceport.

Personally, I'd also love to see the GTN become truly galactic, with any item on any GTN terminal anywhere int he galaxy available on any other GTN terminal anywhere else in the galaxy, to either faction, but that may just be me.

1. My ship. (with a mail terminal as well)

2. Ilum.

3. In the space port of any new high level planet you will implement.

Edited by Mithraw