Swtor....bored already. reasons

nhffmn

Someone please tell me that i am not the only one thats bored of this game...

1. Repetitive questing, run out do this and that then come back and do it for someone else. Yah its not go kill 5 of these and retrieve 2 of that but come on its the same feeling...

2. Honestly why do people pvp, you know its for grinding without quests not for the fun.

3. Lack of people, COMBINE SERVERS, even on the fullest servers with wait times theirs only a few people here and their.

4. Gear....i love mmos because you get to show off your weapon and awesome gear you found in a dungeon/raid. come on now, lightsaber=having same weapon from 10 --> 50

not to mention how awfully similar all the armor and robes look.....

5. storyline...actually not gonna lie gets exciting and fun at times. but when you must do four different irrelevant quests just to get to the level and do the story quests...thats what ruins it. if all you had to do was storyline like kotor and kotor2 i would enjoy it more. and yes i do realize that its an mmo and it would go way to fast but come on im forgetting where i was in the story by the time i get to the next cutscene.

sorry just had to get that off my chest it was awesome non stop fun at first but by level 30 it comes to a full forced effort to play. and yes i know you want to say "if you dont like it dont play it". dont worry im not.

thanks bioware, lucas arts, and ea for the week of fun. <-----(not sarcasm)

1. Repetitive questing, run out do this and that then come back and do it for someone else. Yah its not go kill 5 of these and retrieve 2 of that but come on its the same feeling...

Name any other MMO or RPG that doesn't use this formula. Clearly RPG's are not meant for you.

2. Honestly why do people pvp, you know its for grinding without quests not for the fun.

A lot of us enjoy actual combat against another player and it's not just for grinding. Just because you don't find interest in that, doesn't mean others don't. The world doesn't revolve around your interests alone.

3. Lack of people, COMBINE SERVERS, even on the fullest servers with wait times theirs only a few people here and their.

it's something they'll probably work on. But it varies from server to server how many people are encountered.

4. Gear....i love mmos because you get to show off your weapon and awesome gear you found in a dungeon/raid. come on now, lightsaber=having same weapon from 10 --> 50

New to the Star Wars universe? This game may not be for you

5. storyline...actually not gonna lie gets exciting and fun at times. but when you must do four different irrelevant quests just to get to the level and do the story quests...thats what ruins it. if all you had to do was storyline like kotor and kotor2 i would enjoy it more. and yes i do realize that its an mmo and it would go way to fast but come on im forgetting where i was in the story by the time i get to the next cutscene.

This has more story than other MMO's, whereas you're pretty much a grindfest anyway. Have you played any other MMO's? If so, can you point to one that has more entertaining grinds?

sorry just had to get that off my chest it was awesome non stop fun at first but by level 30 it comes to a full forced effort to play. and yes i know you want to say "if you dont like it dont play it". dont worry im not.

Reply in green

1. That's MMOs for ya, I guess they aren't for you.

2. Don't PvP then.

3. There are plenty of people. You must either be behind or ahead of the main levelling curve.

4. Get an upgrade then. There are plenty as you level. You can also customise it with gems to change it's colour. Ultimately however, it's a Jedi/Sith weapon, you can only change the hilt and the colour. That is all. You MUST be aware of this when you create one.

5. That's still better than most MMOs where EVERY quest is boring. At least BioWare have tried to make the story interesting, and for the most part, it is.

I'm still loving it and been playing since day 1 wave 1 of early access.

Edited by Mandrax

Every MMO has "repetitive questing"

People PvP to...grind?

I've seen lots of people. However, I've heard sharding or whatever has been noted by Bioware and a solution has been made. Not much to say on this really

Well, to be honest it took WoW a really long time to get appearance tab/transmorg/whatever. Something like 6 or 7 years I think? Give it time I suppose.

And do you understand the concept of Jedi/Sith? They are warriors. Lightsabers are used exclusively by them. It's iconic.

Meh nothing to say. There's always World quests and I'll agree they are annoying after a while. Again, every MMO has these sort of quests.

if your reading this and not ingame im assuming your bored as well

Or at work where we cant play the game! When you grow up and come to accept that not every second can not be spent sitting at home playing games, the more you will come to appreciate the time you do have to play a game. Its called a job, someday you will know all about it young stud!

if your reading this and not ingame im assuming your bored as well

I read the forums during travel paths and loading screens, which are the only things boring me atm. 150ish hours played over 2 characters and I'm still enjoying everything.

Anyway, sorry you're bored already. Have fun on whatever game's next for you. :)

I love this game. I am not going anywhere, but I have to be honest, the two things that I really wish there was a way to improve right now are very much in line with the OP's complaints.

I *know* that the planets aren't empty but because of the design of the worlds, lack of ambient noise in huge hallways for missions, it -feels- empty. I hope at some point BW will figure out a way to either add more noise or more npcs or both so that the world doesn't feel that way.

Also the questing basically always seems to be a variation on the same culminating in a huge 'base attack' at the end of the world you are on.

Again, these aren't game breaking by any stretch, but quality of life issues I'd love to see worked on.

Name any other MMO or RPG that doesn't use this formula. Clearly RPG's are not meant for you.

kotor, kotor 2 all story based and driven.

A lot of us enjoy actual combat against another player and it's not just for grinding. Just because you don't find interest in that, doesn't mean others don't. The world doesn't revolve around your interests alone.

its not very exciting to me your right it could just be me. but honestly its not that in depth and its quite boring, i understand it will be updated soon though

New to the Star Wars universe? This game may not be for you

no ive seen all their movies 'in theaters' but really lame gear and same weapon, i like when i look a little different from others in my class

This has more story than other MMO's, whereas you're pretty much a grindfest anyway. Have you played any other MMO's? If so, can you point to one that has more entertaining grinds?

this one was more about storyline, i understand their effort to make a better story and less kill and retrieve grinding, but the storyline would be better if it was related to other quests not just 1 out of every 5

I agree with you said OP, Actually i haven't even logged in for about 2 weeks now, i got bored out of my mind by lvl 32 not because of the bugs, not because of the ui, not because of the classes not even because they treat eu players like crap but just because the pve is mind numbingly repetitive more so than any other game i have played in my entire life even tetris has more going on than doing the same single quest from 1 to 50. Regardless you wont find anyone admitting this on here only the rabid fan boys will respond and of course they will also bring wow into the conversation because apparently they have some odd obsession with it.

The annoying thing is if this was a single player game id be playing it for the story, but as a mmo its scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of immersion and game play.

I would love to get a list of every quest in this game and the details of what it requires you to do so people can see you are doing the same thing every time !

Im just getting my 50 euro worth from reading these forums.

I'm not bored of the game so much as tired of the slog the game slows down to for me around lvl 26. None of my different characters are much fun once the grind and "rest after every fight" combine to keep me from wanting to log in already. The game is great until the mid-late 20's then just takes a nosedive for me personally.

I love this game. I am not going anywhere, but I have to be honest, the two things that I really wish there was a way to improve right now are very much in line with the OP's complaints.

I *know* that the planets aren't empty but because of the design of the worlds, lack of ambient noise in huge hallways for missions, it -feels- empty. I hope at some point BW will figure out a way to either add more noise or more npcs or both so that the world doesn't feel that way.

Also the questing basically always seems to be a variation on the same culminating in a huge 'base attack' at the end of the world you are on.

Again, these aren't game breaking by any stretch, but quality of life issues I'd love to see worked on.

You make a valid point, these are not game breakers. Also, I will applaud you on your post. You not only identified issues that made you feel unsatisfied with the game, but you also added possible solutions. This is what separates someone who is just complaining from someone who is trying to make the game better. In the Army, the common thought is you never complain unless you have a solution.

You mentioned the use of ambient noise and addition NPCs here and there; this is something that BW can do almost instantly with no hassle. I would advise you to make these types of suggestions in the appropriate section on the forums and maybe BW will answer with a pleasing response