A quick update on Ability Delay

EmmanuelLusinchi

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm encouraged to hear that the SWTOR development team is taking very immediate steps in addressing the ability-delay and character-responsiveness issues.

I'm looking very forward to experiencing these fixes that you are promising, as it has been frustrating so far.

Edited by Deelmackey

I noticed that now using my medpac right after an ability has it activate instantly and it doesn't delay my ability.

I NOTICED BIOWARE.

But I still notice slugishness in other scenarios.

As per example, channeling. Why can I not interrupt my operative's healing scan with a cast heal but I can interrupt my sorcerer's force lightning with a shock?

I'd like both to be interruptable with a new ability being activated.

During the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we’ve been paying a lot of attention to the game’s responsiveness. As pointed out by some people on the Forum, a very responsive experience is one of the factors that separate the best MMOs from the others. This is something we are fully aware of and take extremely seriously.

Several of the issues brought forth by the community have already been dealt with and you should see the fixes integrated in coming patches, including those coming this month. Every lead mentioned on the forum is being investigated and I cannot stress enough how useful your feedback is – especially when coupled with the level of details found in some of the posts.

So I’d really like to thank the community for this very constructive feedback.

Thanks again and best regards,

Played the game before releasing it?? I doubt :(

Yeah sith jug. the ravage ability is crap if it misses it goes all the way threw the channel graphic can't do anything during it. and specced into force choke can't use it on the go now have to stop and sit a sec for it to actually work.

So what does it mean if I have yet to see any delays on my Jugg? Am I just lucky then? Or is it your computer? I really don't see any of the things listed in this thread. But hey, not everyone can have a great gaming machine I guess.

If i don't see a patch \ with some of the class bugs fixed this week after server down time, its gonna be cancel account .... add \ remove programs and BAM another MMO that thought they could. I had higher hopes, its star wars ... i mean STAR WARS

I really hate to say it but Blizzard is the Emperor of MMO's I really thought you would take a page from their book and build it bigger, so far i see you have learned nothing.

I am not a wow fan but or star craft. Blizzard is been at the top for a while and that your enemy as far as i am concerned.

Class unbalance .... yea join a Warzone and watch the lightning ... " but its not unbalanced "

Fleet pass of 18 hrs.... really, who's idea was that and will someone in the office please slap that man on the back of the head .... hard, so people can hear the smack and learn from it.

Class PVP gear with wrong stats for spec. just when you get to 50 all happy gonna get some epics and *** is with the stats ( i know its fixed )... I hope you fired someone for that one.

A group Summons \ group Teleportation, i mean with social points and a push to play with others in this game... Really nobody got this one as a must do.. and when you get caught out leveling, the guild wants to do something and well you lost out because you have about a 30 min travel time to get back.

" Wait i have my FLEET LOL PASS, Oh no i used it 3 days ago and its still on CD "

PS: One more personal thing, only my opinion : Why did you put gear for everything in here. I just want to gear up my toon, not my ship, every companion. Shoudl have made the ship one or two slots of upgrades and the companions should just get the whole outfits as gear like one every 5 levels or something. To me it is a tad bit too much crap. Others may not agree, the companions are a good idea and helpful, gearing them full is just a lil too much for me.

Edited by Gratchh

I am just venting a bit, i play a commando now i was really enjoying it, bugs that i have are getting to me.

I think they are valid opinions though, enough to debate the fact some of those things should have been highly considered.

I have missed out of FP and helping \ getting help with heroics because people dont want to travel because of the travel time so i think a group summons would have been nice and would have promoted world pvp.

Edited by Gratchh

Lol the troll deleted it's post.

Awesome news, Bioware, I'm really happy with the game and I'm proud that so much work is being done to perfect it. Seriously, the games been out less than less than a month and we've already seen what, twelve patches? They're definitely on the job, folks.

Flame me all you want, but they really are working on things, don't try to say otherwise.

This.

BW is rocking my pants off so far. I have to be honest and say that I've been so engrossed in this game that I've completely forgotten about my issues with space combat! :p You guys have done such a great job with the game and with the feedback so far (which I can really appreciate NOW vs. how RUSHED I felt during the beta test weekends) that I'm not even worried about future updates of the game.

Thanks BW. Got faith in you guys.

The cynicism expressed on these boards is mind-numbing and speaks volumes about the sad state of our culture. I can't even imagine if it were my job to go to work everyday and deal with the juvenile posters on these boards. I wouldn't make it to lunchtime of my first day before I would rip some brat a new one and quit. Additionally, just trying to read their posts is subject to give people who actually read and didn't fail their spelling and English classes a raging headache. Then they have the nerve to act as though they deserve to be taken seriously.

Listen, I have nothing against having a gripe with a product or service that has been purchased, but wow. There's a way to go about things. One could at least make a passing effort at coming across professional and polite. Being dissatisfied with a product or service isn't an automatic license to act like a mannerless, tantrum-throwing punk.

How's the saying go... "You catch more bees with honey?" Something like that, but you get the idea.

The punks on these boards give gamers a bad name. You're an embarassment to the mature and decent people in the community.

/rant

Your/our generation raised them that way.

The only ones you should be frustrated with are your own peers.

Ability delay is one of the biggest problems atm for me... everyday, countless times I press a button many times but sometimes dont get any response or after 7-8 sec, fix it immediatly please becouse I cant enjoy game, especially (smuggler) cover, sabotage and that blue shield(cant remeber name :p) insist to not response at proper time. If I cant go in cover I cant dps, if I cant reset my cool head skill my dps will be low... Please fix it fast

Gratch I agree with the fleet pass, but everything else said was simply opinion and surely not of the whole. I guess it was nice having you.

Fleet pass is fine as is. Give it a short CD and soon the fleet station will be the only place in the game where you find other players, like Stormwind or Orgrimar in WoW.

Bio seems to have learned from the terrible WoW mistake of concentrating everything (teachers, auctioneers etc.) at a location that is very easy accessible, and then to provide ways of reaching every other place without travelling, by teleport and so on. This is the reason why the WoW world outside the capital cities is completely empty.

Fleet pass is fine as is. Give it a short CD and soon the fleet station will be the only place in the game where you find other players, like Stormwind or Orgrimar in WoW.

Bio seems to have learned from the terrible WoW mistake of concentrating everything (teachers, auctioneers etc.) at a location that is very easy accessible, and then to provide ways of reaching every other place without travelling, by teleport and so on. This is the reason why the WoW world outside the capital cities is completely empty.

well, we get into a paradox here...ppl feel the world is emty (so do i), but every now and then u find a guy rolling around his segway (thats how i call the vehicles =D ), but u never get the feeling of something massivelly multiplayer that way... on wow on the other hand, by concentrating ppl on 1 city, i never see ppl around the world going about their busisness, but when i go to ogrimar, i get the feeling that there r infinite players in there.

I really dont know wich one is the best model...i for once like crowded places, i like that infinite ppl on ogrimar, i would love to see infinite ppl on TOR, but at the same time, i feel that by allowing endless teleportation, the world loses its feeling of epicness and hugeness, as every place is easily reachable...i cant remember the last time i did some actual walking around azeroth, and apretiated the new world of cataclysm...i just go from portal to portal.

I think i would let fleet pass and stuff as it is, cause i am really enjoying traveling and appretiating the view.

well, we get into a paradox here...ppl feel the world is emty (so do i), but every now and then u find a guy rolling around his segway (thats how i call the vehicles =D ), but u never get the feeling of something massivelly multiplayer that way... on wow on the other hand, by concentrating ppl on 1 city, i never see ppl around the world going about their busisness, but when i go to ogrimar, i get the feeling that there r infinite players in there.

I really dont know wich one is the best model...i for once like crowded places, i like that infinite ppl on ogrimar, i would love to see infinite ppl on TOR, but at the same time, i feel that by allowing endless teleportation, the world loses its feeling of epicness and hugeness, as every place is easily reachable...i cant remember the last time i did some actual walking around azeroth, and apretiated the new world of cataclysm...i just go from portal to portal.

I think i would let fleet pass and stuff as it is, cause i am really enjoying traveling and appretiating the view.

Dunno mu fleet station is always packed! and i run into peeps while playing on diff worlds imperial and republic maybe your on a very low pop server.

So what does it mean if I have yet to see any delays on my Jugg? Am I just lucky then? Or is it your computer? I really don't see any of the things listed in this thread. But hey, not everyone can have a great gaming machine I guess.

It means that you don't pvp