The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lolol, i though that change went live already. Sorry.

No problem.

Bioware, removing the medium option to attempt to make it seem like this issue isn't there is not a fix.

We need a response on this issue now, your customers are not stupid.

No problem.

Bioware, removing the medium option to attempt to make it seem like this issue isn't there is not a fix.

Maybe the medium option were the high option.. so maybe we should ask for a true medium texture instead. Something beetween the low and current medium option.

Maybe the medium option were the high option.. so maybe we should ask for a true medium texture instead. Something beetween the low and current medium option.

That would imply that our toons would never look better than they do now. And that sort of sucks.

No problem.

Apparently, they think we are. This is complete *********** ********. I can't believe this company doesn't have the goddam decency to at least respond to the community about this.

Well I guess I have all 3 options but med and high is no different. Oh well. Hope they fix it. If not on well. Problbaly something that is screwing up the game that they can't figure out. No need to respond to a thread about this if you can't fix the problem. Nobody on here is smart enough to understand what goes on behind closed doors there anyway.

Edit: hey I actually stand corrected. I do have high res working.

Edited by bobbyisrael

/face palm

Please read threads before posting. It's such a embarrassing post for yourself I started laughing.

The high res textures, beyond what you've seen when set on high, are physically there in the game. For whatever reason they are disabled.

Edited by WarheartZero

/face palm

Please read threads before posting. It's such a embarrassing post for yourself I started laughing.

The high res textures beyond what you've seen when set on high are physically there in the game. For whatever reason they are disabled.

The graphic for the cinematic are the ULTRA setting.

So now we have low , high , ultra ( cinematic only) but no medium

Edited by boobaffet

I can only guess but i think that high-res textures aren't enabled is because BW are just being cautious, and take every improvement step by step.They claim that they are after stability, so it's rather logical that there aren't any major graphical improvements before there are actually any GPU drivers that support this game fully.There are already problems with card overheating and several graphical glitches that need to be dealt with, and bringing high-res textures right now may cause unpredicted effects on the game.I think that we will receive our good looking textures as soon as possible.

This however doesn't justify the complete silence from the Dev team about this problem, and i hope we will get some adequate info on monday or tuesday(fingers crossed):)

The graphic for the cinematic are the ULTRA setting.

So now we have low , high , ultra ( cinematic only) but no medium

There's no ultra setting, what you see in conversations is the high setting.

It's obvious you didn't play in the beta prior to weekend - beta, if even that.

Apparently, they think we are. This is complete *********** ********. I can't believe this company doesn't have the goddam decency to at least respond to the community about this.

Just imagine when it goes to live and the whole playerbase finally realizes that yes, despite all of the protestations of it being "Bioware", EA is in fact running this game. Because this is something only EA would have the gall to try to pull.

Enjoy EAware, people. There'll be more to come.

played beta for 4 month ******

And yet you didn't notice the massive threads we had on this same issue then?

Edited by Zorvan

lol, we love you boobaffet

back when the holo had graphical issue for ati card

and there was a billion speeder stuck on the track

and you could teleport back to where you were before you teleported if you jumped while loading.

trust me i was in beta, conversation always had better graphic.

Edited by boobaffet

bump,

also, I want to add that switching from WoW to this game, and deciding to put what free time I had from work and family into SWTOR instead of WoW. Means that clearly I think this was the game to make the change with, geez I even upgraded my graphics card just to really get everything I could out of this game. I feel like I'm back playing Morrowind, Amazing game with graphic that are now out of dated. The bar is set so high in the MMO market, you need to bring your A game to beat WoW, or even Blizzard for that matter or you'll just turn into the flavor of the month. People are looking to replace WoW, and SWTOR has the potential, but promises to make it better falls on deaf ears, when they have the expectations of a 6 year old game ( WoW ) that it's self just had a graphic face lift.