High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name one way that a PC monitor is better than a full array LED television? Color?...nope. Black levels?...nope. Viewing angle?...nope. Size?..nope.

Your statements would have been true a few years ago, but today they are just plain wrong.

You just don't get the high-end gaming world, do you? :) I run on a 30" IPS screen that's far superior to any TV screen. I run at 2560x1600. No TV can do that. HD is 1980x1080. You might want to look up the differences between IPS and regular TFT. As for color representation, any graphic artist who uses high-end monitors for studio work will tell you that TVs don't compare. There's a reason why 30" IPS monitors that run 2560x1600 are more than $1k in price.

Why not? The guy deleting our posts and warning people could chime in and tell us that he will raise this issue to one of the developers monday morning...

The guy/girl deleting your posts is probably a very low level community person who is not qualified/permitted to make any sort of statement not already discussed by BioWare/EA. He/she is told to moderate the forums, and that's the most this person is allowed to do. Not his/her fault, just saying.

Edited by PlayLoud

WOOT WOOT

This thread had 430 replies just a minute ago. Now it's down to 421. They are on to us. They are deleting posts!!!

I got my bump deleted, because it is "spam", seriously they have all the time in the world to delete posts, but they can't respond to a simple question.

I got my bump deleted, because it is "spam", seriously they have all the time in the world to delete posts, but they can't respond to a simple question.

You know only the lower level staff are working now. Then again, the big dogs might be working but we'll never know what they are doing until they are ready to announce it.

I understand that bug fixes can take time, but the fact that BioWare has still not addressed this with the community is completely appalling.

I'm enjoying this game a great deal despite the lack of high res textures and a sometimes oddly sluggish framerate, and I can live without high res textures for now. The big problem here is that BioWare continues to refuse to even acknowledge this issue or even inform us that there is a fix in the pipeline (however far away it may be).

I think getting new content out there so quickly is awesome, but I don't think I'm the only one that would rather be able to enjoy what is already there to it's maximum potential first.

Honestly, the graphics engine needs a lot of fixes and updates.

I downloaded gpu-z to see some stats on my video card while playing two games.

SWTOR:

- gpu temp = 86C

- fan speed = 87%

- vram memory = 638 MB (belsavis) outside with clifs/trees/buildings ect.

- gpu load = 99%

compare to a game with far more detailed and higher resolution texture with a semi realistic world.

LOTRO:

- gpu temp = 55C

- fan speed = 45%

- vram memory = 384 MB (north down's) outside with mountains/hills/trees/buildings ect.

- gpu load = 23%

swtor = garbage engine and poorly used...

lotro = awesome in-house engine with years of proven exp in use...

I've thought about reinstall AoC since its free to play and maybe a trial of WoW just to compare them to. swtor will probably tire out your gpu with those kinds of temps though!

Edited by Awarain

You know only the lower level staff are working now. Then again, the big dogs might be working but we'll never know what they are doing until they are ready to announce it.

I hope they are working on FIXing THESE TEXTURES

Man, if they just open up the textures for modding, this whole texture problem goes away without costing Bioware/EA a dime! I'd do their work for free, honestly.

Top of that allow players to edit meshes so I can pay someone like you to get rid of the silly shoulder flaps and horned hoods, really.

I haven't posted on these forums for quite a while, but I am going to support this thread. This high rez texture issue needs to be fixed. Every armor piece my character wears looks washed out and muddy and its just annoying to look at. Are graphics that big of a deal? To me, yes because they help pull me into the game and its world. Whats the point of obtaining good gear when it looks like garbage?

I'm glad they are finally adding AA even though i have it added through the ini for weeks now, but its a bit sad that it wasn't implemented on launch. Every game after 2005 or even earlier has AA included as standard graphics settings.

The shadows are also ugly, blocky, and jagged and also need to be fixed as well.

Yes, pls allow us to mod the game! I would have removed the tower with the green line bug for folks long ago. Just imagine what the game would turn out to be with so many enthusiastic ppl, just waiting to unleash their creativity.

Either way i hope all the issues with the graphics get fixed.

No highres textures and the low viewdistance on grass,aswell as no ini settings for it, are a real deal breaker to me.

Honestly i exspected better.

Edited by Ommm

I downloaded gpu-z to see some stats on my video card while playing two games.

SWTOR:

- gpu temp = 86C

- fan speed = 87%

- vram memory = 638 MB (belsavis) outside with clifs/trees/buildings ect.

- gpu load = 99%

compare to a game with far more detailed and higher resolution texture with a semi realistic world.

LOTRO:

- gpu temp = 55C

- fan speed = 45%

- vram memory = 384 MB (north down's) outside with mountains/hills/trees/buildings ect.

- gpu load = 23%

swtor = garbage engine and poorly used...

lotro = awesome in-house engine with years of proven exp in use...

I've thought about reinstall AoC since its free to play and maybe a trial of WoW just to compare them to. swtor will probably tire out your gpu with those kinds of temps though!

Way to pull information out of context. You didn't specify what your specs are. What you are actually running.

With my computer 460 GTX overclocked(beta drivers) in ALderaan it says;

GPU Temp 45 C (at 40C before)

Fan Speed 54% (before playing the game it was at 50%)

vRam is at 550MB before(150)

GPU load is 0-2%

That is with everything on high even the shaders and also some tweaked .ini setting like Forced AA. This Game seems to not even denting my card.

Yes, pls allow us to mod the game and engine! I would have removed the tower with the green line bug for folks long ago. Just imagine what the game would turn out to be with so many enthusiastic ppl, just waiting to unleash their creativity all onto one game. I bet the engine would be fixed by now and look like vray in real time.

Will never, ever ever happen. Name an MMO that allows people to mess with the source code.

Edited by Phoenixblight

I've mentioned it before but made a video (so ignore actual texture quality being it's a compressed video) showing how the republic dancer outfit doesn't even look remotely the same between the medium/high in game and the cutscene/character select.

As you can see it's dramatically different in colour and outline. Of course in game the quality difference is dramatic as well.

I've mentioned it before but made a video (so ignore actual texture quality being it's a compressed video) showing how the republic dancer outfit doesn't even look remotely the same between the medium/high in game and the cutscene/character select.

As you can see it's dramatically different in colour and outline. Of course in game the quality difference is dramatic as well.

I dont get this movie

I dont get this movie

Well, first is what my character looks like at all times playing in the republic outfit, and after (the one where it has red/gold textures) is when in cutscene and character select, the hotly debated 'high res' texture mode the game only uses for those times...

I dont get this movie

Why are there people like you that can't see what is infront of them.

I had trouble getting people to understand what they where looking at in this one.

Pro tip. 1080P full screen. If you can't tell the difference then why even be in this thread.

As a customer, I demand a response on this as well. Even a simple "we are working on it and no ETA" response will make me happy.

I honestly think they abandoned their pursuit of fixing high res graphics, and will probably introduce them in the first expansion as "improved graphics". They really do think we are all retarded.

Well, first is what my character looks like at all times playing in the republic outfit, and after (the one where it has red/gold textures) is when in cutscene and character select, the hotly debated 'high res' texture mode the game only uses for those times...

Ok, thanks for clarifying :)

I like these high res bo0bs.

Edited by vekien